PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Son of Ray Lewis indicted on criminal sexual conduct charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Phelps has done the past twelve years...23 gold medals

what the peanut gallery in America does every single chance they get... raise their heroes on a pedestal and then break each others ankles smashing the image they built to smithereens.

Ray is a douche, but I still wouldn't wish this on him or his family (or anyone's). Prayers for the girl to heal and recover emotionally, and for Ray's son to repent and get his act together.
Having the facts of the case might be helpful.
You're in a position better than most to understand such a case but for mine, I always try to keep it at the forefront of my mind that it's worth remembering an accusation is just that, an accusation. It shouldn't infer guilt.

Sadly, I've seen the reputation of fine people ruined thanks to accusations (ultimately not guilty verdicts were handed down) but the stench of the accusation follows that person forever. It's one of the reasons I try not to get ahead of myself until as you point out, the relevant facts come to light.

A bit off the main topic, but I am always blown away at how much the NFL loves Ray and hates Tom. In one case, you have a guy who shows up every day, credits his teammates despite being far superior, is well-spoken and humble. Brady is everything you'd think people would admire. A winner on/off the field.

Lewis was an exceptional athlete. But in so many other aspects, is lacking.

I know it's been said plenty of times on this board. But I am still baffled after all these years that Ray Lewis is the hero (according to the league).

A bit off the main topic, but I am always blown away at how much the NFL loves Ray and hates Tom. In one case, you have a guy who shows up every day, credits his teammates despite being far superior, is well-spoken and humble. Brady is everything you'd think people would admire. A winner on/off the field.

Lewis was an exceptional athlete. But in so many other aspects, is lacking.

I know it's been said plenty of times on this board. But I am still baffled after all these years that Ray Lewis is the hero (according to the league).

In a Harrison Bergeron way, the NFL would love to see everyone at or around .500, that way, every stadium would sell out knowing their team could make a super bowl. Maximize profits, for the better of the 32, Football purist be damned....

I think I saw them clearing out a space for his statue in Baltimore.

What Phelps has done the past twelve years...23 gold medals

what the peanut gallery in America does every single chance they get... raise their heroes on a pedestal and then break each others ankles smashing the image they built to smithereens.

Everything you write is true. That being said, I for one never chose Michael Phelps as a hero. I'm impressed with his ability to swim well. That is the extent. He's the most decorated Olympian of all time in large part because a swimmer gets the most cracks at winning medals. That's not me tearing him down because I never helped to build him up, and I wish him no harm. He's just a dude who swims fast. My idea of a hero may differ from others I suppose.

kid, your father would have murdered her

loser

he will pretend to find God, and everything will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand