PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something to ponder about BB.

Yes I agree when a team doesn't have a franchise QB they need to try again and again until they find him. But that doesn't mean it's not hard. If it wasn't hard then every team would have a franchise QB.

I think kickers are easier to find than QB's.
Agreed..

The Patriots were successful because of hard work, preparedness and talent. Belichick now thinks he can win without the talent. It's not working.

Yeah it's not hard at all to find a good QB in the draft. Tell that to the Bills who waited 20 years for their guy. Or the Jets who haven't had a good QB since Pennington.
And both the Bills and the Jets still haven't found one.

Yes I agree when a team doesn't have a franchise QB they need to try again and again until they find him. But that doesn't mean it's not hard. If it wasn't hard then every team would have a franchise QB.

I think kickers are easier to find than QB's.
There’s fewer franchise QB’s in every draft class than other positions. The same could be said of kicker, punter and long snapper.

Recognizing better players in the draft is what makes it a crapshoot. QB’s are no different.

Wide receiver has the highest failure rate in the draft, it’s harder to find one than any other offensive position. It doesn’t stop people here from telling us getting Mac better weapons would fix him. It won’t, he sucks… it’s just as likely the WR you get him sucks than not.

At some point, as we learn in Hamlet, protracted reflection is a waste of time and often has a crippling effect on efforts at getting to actually doing something. Thought, that is, can serve as a weak-sister alternative to consolidating the will preparatory to acting on a problem, as an evasion of one's duty to acknowledge clear facts which, once acknowledged, impose on us an obligation to act.

That's where we are. Bill has been a lousy GM for a long time, and in recent years is cripplingly bad at the job. Look at the goddam mess we put on the field each week. As a coach too, he is in obvious decline.

Enough already with the chit chat. Enough "pondering." I am as sick of it as anybody. Fire the guy, fercrissakes, and get on with the job of rebuilding the team.

"Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sickled o'er with the pale cast of thought;

And, enterprises of great pith and moment,

With this regard, their currents turn awry

And lose the name of action." Act III,Scene 1

"Conscience" here mean more "consciousness" or "thinking" than "conscience" in it contemporary sense.

Last edited:
If he wanted to sabotage the team to spite the Krafts, I would think he would have traded most of future draft picks for players in their prime, signed them to long term, back loaded extensions, claimed the all time wins total and try to add a SB or two without Brady, and retired just as the players left their primes and the big cap hits started to take effect.

Yes. Instead he did the opposite - he refused to back load contracts, and instead he has a roster with one of the lowest cash outlays in the League and one of the highest cap space for the next few years. For some reason he (or Kraft) tried to do this on the cheap, while competing with teams that rolled out their league-supplied credit cards (void years galore) and tried to win now.

This may fall under the conspiracy theory category which I am not a fan of but it's something I have thought about a bit lately. MODs etc feel free to delete away if this violates anything...or anyone...

I think we know what kind of man BB is. He left the Jets by writing on a napkin. In most circles this would fall under very immature, unprofessional, and especially ****ish. We know how the pressers are also. We take it as him being himself/blunt etc. So what if he has some sort of axe to grind with the Team aka HandyBob and Sons? What if he intentionally ran the team into the ground, knowing he would be leaving? Do we really think he is that stubborn/old/whatever you want to call it to the point he will not adapt not one iota to help the team?

Maybe the whole Brady thing pissed him off to the point of him wanting to say **** you to the Krafts since they are the ones "supposedly" that wanted to offer Brady a year-to-year and thus pushed the man away.

I honestly cannot say I believe he did all this on a whim thinking he could do it all. Especially the hiring of FattMatt and Judge. With that experience, you know what you can and cannot do. If he was just trying to rehab their standing in the league, he could have hired them on as something else. Assistants for ****s sake. That move tells me he's saying **** it and **** you.

And not to make excuses for Mac but he has also intentionally not provided the support he should have. BB being in the league for so long, someone of that nature would NOT make the same idiotic mistakes. He isn't that dumb. Maybe full of himself, but does hiring those dolts and not bringing in any additional real talent set Mac up for success? It is straight-up neglect if not malicious. Sure, if he wanted out, he would get out...but why do that when he can scuttle the existing team and look like ****, that way the next guy coming in has to deal with a world of **** and that way everyone, media especially, can say "Oh BB did such a good job and now they're terrible that he's gone.". All the while forgetting what was done the last 4+ years of his teams. I'll get off my soapbox now. Trust me, I am not one to find a conspiracy in everything but this just reeks of something other than BB being inept after so many years. Or I will say, maybe he was inept the whole time...I'm not a Jets fan but the way he left leaves me to think he could do worse things. And trust me I am an IBWT tool.

Sorry for the rant...and a doozy for a first post.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone btw.
"I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories"...but i am going to throw one out there anyway. This is bull junk and if actually true, then Kraft needs to sell the team because he has been played. Kraft needs to wake up and run the damn team. He needs to clean house and prepare to hire a staff and focus on the draft

There is a conspiracy theory that says that Kraft forced BB to draft Mac and keep him after last year. Continuing to start Mac helps BB force the issue to prove that he sucks. Even if untrue, resolution of the Mac situation will determine BB's future with the Pats. Who knows what is in play between the two at contract time and now that the wheels have fallen off the season.

I had a nice reply typed out and chrome closed the tab it was in for some reason...go figure. Well, those dudes should have never been signed. They should have had some talent ready to go from 3 drafts ago so they wouldn't have to do this ****. Scar would never have allowed this. God how I miss his coaching. He literally came in after Mr. Brown was useless and got a great year out of him. The whole program reeks of one thing. Lack of preparation for the future. Like others have said...ego is the reason for all this. Oh well we will truly find out BB intentions with this coming draft. Will he trade back for multiple possible / or probable useless picks or will he pull out the guns and get the guy he really wants. Considering he really hasn't had to find a franchise qb in 20+ years, you can say im feeling wary and apprehensive and worried.
Chrome must’ve been reading your other posts.

This is tinfoil hat territory.

T
So your theory is BB tanking his own win % while urinating on his legacy is deliberate?

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF
The only appropriate response to OP.

Post Brady - Not going to rehash Bradys leaving. Bills biggest mistake was letting Josh McDaniels walk out that door. The Patriots should have paid him an obscene amount of money to stay. I honestly believe Mac would be doing better if McD had stayed. He didn't, and the guy has completely fallen apart... almost like he's the mutant love child of David Carr and Eeyore, doomed to mopey panic while behind the line...

Didn’t BB sign an extension this past offseason? I don’t think he would’ve done that if his intention was to leave. I also think passing Shula’s record is the last hurdle for him and he’ll want to get that before he retires. So I don’t think this is an elaborate plan to sabotage the Pats. He is sabotaging his own chance at further success but I don’t believe it’s deliberate.

This may fall under the conspiracy theory category which I am not a fan of but it's something I have thought about a bit lately. MODs etc feel free to delete away if this violates anything...or anyone...

I think we know what kind of man BB is. He left the Jets by writing on a napkin. In most circles this would fall under very immature, unprofessional, and especially ****ish. We know how the pressers are also. We take it as him being himself/blunt etc. So what if he has some sort of axe to grind with the Team aka HandyBob and Sons? What if he intentionally ran the team into the ground, knowing he would be leaving? Do we really think he is that stubborn/old/whatever you want to call it to the point he will not adapt not one iota to help the team?

Maybe the whole Brady thing pissed him off to the point of him wanting to say **** you to the Krafts since they are the ones "supposedly" that wanted to offer Brady a year-to-year and thus pushed the man away.

I honestly cannot say I believe he did all this on a whim thinking he could do it all. Especially the hiring of FattMatt and Judge. With that experience, you know what you can and cannot do. If he was just trying to rehab their standing in the league, he could have hired them on as something else. Assistants for ****s sake. That move tells me he's saying **** it and **** you.

And not to make excuses for Mac but he has also intentionally not provided the support he should have. BB being in the league for so long, someone of that nature would NOT make the same idiotic mistakes. He isn't that dumb. Maybe full of himself, but does hiring those dolts and not bringing in any additional real talent set Mac up for success? It is straight-up neglect if not malicious. Sure, if he wanted out, he would get out...but why do that when he can scuttle the existing team and look like ****, that way the next guy coming in has to deal with a world of **** and that way everyone, media especially, can say "Oh BB did such a good job and now they're terrible that he's gone.". All the while forgetting what was done the last 4+ years of his teams. I'll get off my soapbox now. Trust me, I am not one to find a conspiracy in everything but this just reeks of something other than BB being inept after so many years. Or I will say, maybe he was inept the whole time...I'm not a Jets fan but the way he left leaves me to think he could do worse things. And trust me I am an IBWT tool.

Sorry for the rant...and a doozy for a first post.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone btw.
You rant crapped the bed for me when you started with the "Handybob" crap, it devolved into utterly worthless tripe..

You rant crapped the bed for me when you started with the "Handybob" crap, it devolved into utterly worthless tripe..
It crapped the bed earlier than that for me. OP is obviously unaware of how VCs regard notes on napkins. Showed his own limited world view starting with that.

have to give the troll high marks though. Got over fifty replies, over a thousand views. made a splashy entrance.

I like this conspiracy! I hope Robert calls Bill's bluff and lets him run out his lucrative multi-year contract.

Chrome must’ve been reading your other posts.
I love it when people ***** about a post, disliking it so much they just have to open their mouths thinking what they say matters. Here's an idea for some...don't like it, don't read it? And this was far from trolling for the others. Considering I have zero other new posts, I'm glad you like all my replies. <3

I love it when people ***** about a post, disliking it so much they just have to open their mouths thinking what they say matters. Here's an idea for some...don't like it, don't read it? And this was far from trolling for the others. Considering I have zero other new posts, I'm glad you like all my replies. <3

What 'they' said mattered enough not only for you to reply to them but for you to expose your butt hurt about it. Following your own 'logic' perhaps you shouldn't have read our responses? In terms of new post volume, considering how little I've responded to of late it says something in and of itself about just how lame your 'theory' is that this is my second post in the thread. Just a thought but until your game improves you might want to consider putting the entire community on ignore to avoid future negative feedback.

d33b9793dff3a65f20dbf0864e0138e7.jpg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back