PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something really Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, in November, I was back in Mass to continue cleaning out the house of my Aunt who passed last January. During the cleanout, I found 5 books from the US Naval Academy. All 5 books were from the mid 40's-early 50's. 4 of the books talked about each of the ranks a Cadet would hold while at the academy. The 5th book was a book on Football.

Well, I knew immediately that there was one person who would appreciate these books more than anyone. Bill Belichick. So I sent them to him and it was delivered to Gillette on the 24th.

This is what I got in response.

BB Picture.jpg BB Letter.jpg

Just wanted to share with everyone..

Well ****. That's cool.

What a softy that Bill is

Belichick is really cool to do stuff like that. I sent in a 8x10 after SB49 from the trophy ceremony and he sent it back personalized and a nice personalized letter. It's stuff like the OP posted that he never gets proper credit for.

You bring up Navy football or Lawrence Taylor and Bill turns to butter.

That’s pretty cool, though.

Thank you for this...and thank you for doing what you did.

It's hard for me to think of many other people who would be as much of a thrill to meet and/or correspond with. So grateful Bob Kraft hired him.

Wicked cool.

Thats it?

You got ripped off. 5 books for a picture and a postcard.

Holy ****... this is amazing! Good for you @DaBruinz for even thinking to send it to BB and good for him for responding to you so kindly. What a great story.

I’ve met some famous people over the years and BB is the only one that I was really startstruck by. This really blows me away TBH.

That is simply awesome. You truly got to the genius. Very few people on earth do.

So, in November, I was back in Mass to continue cleaning out the house of my Aunt who passed last January. During the cleanout, I found 5 books from the US Naval Academy. All 5 books were from the mid 40's-early 50's. 4 of the books talked about each of the ranks a Cadet would hold while at the academy. The 5th book was a book on Football.

Well, I knew immediately that there was one person who would appreciate these books more than anyone. Bill Belichick. So I sent them to him and it was delivered to Gillette on the 24th.

This is what I got in response.

View attachment 25905 View attachment 25906

Really great! How did your aunt happen to have those books?

Who wouldn't love to have dinner with BB, just once.

Who wouldn't love to have dinner with BB, just once.
"OK Bill, what REALLY happened with Malcolm Butler at the Super Bowl? Did you really put out feelers for the Giants job? How much longer should Brady be a Patriot? Do you want to see one of your sons be an NFL head coach? Why haven't you and Linda gotten married? Do you think Jonathan should take over for Bob?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes