PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something really Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d send him my book called “Football Scouting Methods” but I think he probably already has it :p.

Something tells me he already has the original manuscript..

@DaBruinz
What an awesome story to share with us!
What was it like when you got the envelope in the mail? FedEx? Hands trembling?
Could you even tell it was Patriots Place?

Actually. It was a plain white cardboard mailer with no return address on it. My first thought was "WTF is this?" I didn't look at the zip code inside the machine stamped postage to see where it was from. If I had, I'd have known.

So, in November, I was back in Mass to continue cleaning out the house of my Aunt who passed last January. During the cleanout, I found 5 books from the US Naval Academy. All 5 books were from the mid 40's-early 50's. 4 of the books talked about each of the ranks a Cadet would hold while at the academy. The 5th book was a book on Football.

Well, I knew immediately that there was one person who would appreciate these books more than anyone. Bill Belichick. So I sent them to him and it was delivered to Gillette on the 24th.

This is what I got in response.

View attachment 25905 View attachment 25906

Just wanted to share with everyone..
Who is dope that clicked on “Useful”?:rolleyes:

Awesome story, always great to hear/see things like this. A few years ago a colleague of mine was preparing to retire and her and her husband are huge Clemson Tigers fans (which is fairly rare in Atlantic Canada). On a whim I decided to email the Clemson Athletics Department and ask if Dabo Swinney might be willing to write a short note to her for the occasion and we could present it to her at the retirement party.

Didn't hear anything for a few weeks and I basically forgot about it but sure enough, shortly before the retirement party, a letter (on very impressive letterhead) arrived "From the Desk of Dabo Swinney" with a very nice message to her and autograph. The funny thing was that for weeks afterwards she did not believe it was real. I actually had to show her the email I sent to Clemson before she believed it. Always had a soft spot for Clemson after that happened.

He never wrote me back after I sent him a copy of “Drafting Wide Receivers for Dummies”
Underrated post

Awesome story, always great to hear/see things like this. A few years ago a colleague of mine was preparing to retire and her and her husband are huge Clemson Tigers fans (which is fairly rare in Atlantic Canada). On a whim I decided to email the Clemson Athletics Department and ask if Dabo Swinney might be willing to write a short note to her for the occasion and we could present it to her at the retirement party.

Didn't hear anything for a few weeks and I basically forgot about it but sure enough, shortly before the retirement party, a letter (on very impressive letterhead) arrived "From the Desk of Dabo Swinney" with a very nice message to her and autograph. The funny thing was that for weeks afterwards she did not believe it was real. I actually had to show her the email I sent to Clemson before she believed it. Always had a soft spot for Clemson after that happened.

I've actually emailed the Stacey James 3 times for people other than myself. I know for certain that 2 of the 3 times the Patriots reached out to help them. Some of you may remember @nabwong and his daughter, Nadia. I reached out to Mr. James on behalf of them and they got some cool stuff. Another friend of mine passed while suddenly a few years back while shoveling the snow off his roof and the Patriots and Bruins made some "anonymous" donations to help the family out.

Give us a list.
And stories where appropriate!
Robert, Jonathan and Myra Kraft, Vince Wilfork, Tom Brady (briefly), Vince Wilfork, Ty Law (several times in a personal setting), John Cafferty, Dan Koppen, Andre Tippett, Bill Spaceman Lee, Oil Can Boyd, Terry O’Reilly, Lyndon Byers, J Mascis, some others I guess... no really great stories unfortunately. They were all clothed.

One of the most awesome things I ever read on the Internet. Thanks for sharing, @DaBruinz.

He needs to write a book one day.

IMO, he will after he is inducted into the HOF. He is too much of a football historian & teacher to not leave behind some details RE: his legacy.

I can only hope that he airs some dirty laundry concerning 345 Park Avenue....

So, in November, I was back in Mass to continue cleaning out the house of my Aunt who passed last January. During the cleanout, I found 5 books from the US Naval Academy. All 5 books were from the mid 40's-early 50's. 4 of the books talked about each of the ranks a Cadet would hold while at the academy. The 5th book was a book on Football.

Well, I knew immediately that there was one person who would appreciate these books more than anyone. Bill Belichick. So I sent them to him and it was delivered to Gillette on the 24th.

This is what I got in response.

View attachment 25905 View attachment 25906

Just wanted to share with everyone..
Holy ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes