PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something is fishy about this Edelman suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In essence they have tested both samples found a substance which is chemically close to known banned substance, but can't ID the exact "designer" agent.
That’s my understanding.

I see what you are saying. If the NFL did that what a 1/2 ass operation they have.
That’s not just an NFL thing. That’s a steroid testing thing. Something in his test set off a red flag but it’s a new or unknown strand of that they haven’t nailed down. A normal person with nothing in them isn’t going to piss hot.

It’s not that uncommon to see a situation like this. The drugs makers are constantly designing to beat tests. This is why most testing programs are created this way.

I get not being trustworthy of the NFL. But this isn’t the situation. Either he set off the test or he didn’t. They have a second sample. If it confirms the first one he had something in him.

Isn’t the drug testing portion of the NFL done by a third party? Not sure you can blame Goodell for this one, I believe the two sides negotiated for this.
Yup. This is grasping at straws. Plastic straws

This is what we should refer to:

They suspended Tom for BS because they can. So Jules failed a pee test for something unrecognizable. Well, it had to be recognizable enough as something. Now, having said that, I firmly believe that because the union gave the Commissioner's Office unlimited power, Emporer Goodell could suspend Jules, or anyone else for this matter, for eating Chinese take out. So, until the union gets the head out of their ass and gets a new collective bargaining agreement, it's gonna be this way.

There's a difference in that there's a codified policy in place for dealing with PEDs in the CBO. The Brady thing was outside anything in the CBO which let Goodell pull the Article 46 crap.

The NFL's Witch Hunt of the Patriots continues. You are suspended 4 games for a substance that we dont' know what it is! WTF?!

I don’t think so. The players agreed to the ped policy. You can’t agree them turn around and say you don’t like it because it’s vague.
I’m not a chemist but I would assume it’s easy to make slight variations of the 71 substances which are just as much PEDs even though they aren’t on the known list.
So they agreed the NFL has discretion to determine evidence of the potential makings of a PED is a violation?

Idiots

The NFL's Witch Hunt of the Patriots continues. You are suspended 4 games for a substance that we dont' know what it is! WTF?!

Yeah this is just Golic being ignorant. Anyone who seriously follows MMA sees similar instances regarded testing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back