PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some personal news

I hope that it is beautiful where you are. I will love you forever.

My favorite part. You made me feel like I knew her, and now I miss her - I just can't say how sorry I am for your loss.

I heard a story on NPR last Friday I think - it was about Mother's Day - and the last little segment of it was an editorial from a son relaying how he calls his Dad to thank him on Mother's Day. The mother had passed away when the family was young, so the Dad selflessly became both parents. I just thought it was a touching real life story of lemonade out of lemons, and one day I hope your kids call you on Mother's Day to say thanks too.

Patjew,

I can't even express how saddened this makes me. I am so sorry for your loss and I wish there was something we could do to ease your pain.

After I lost my grandfather a few years back, I distinctly remember the day when his memories, instead of making me sad, started to make me smile. It will happen for you my friend.

My deepest condolences,,,

Hi Everyone. Some thoughts...

Well, we're kind of back to life today. After a weekend of funerals and shiva I sent the kids back to school. They were anxious for some normalcy and it gave me the chance to work on bills and insurance and crap like that. They did great. It was just what they needed. The school community is being amazingly supportive.

Yesterday I took the kids to the cemetery to visit Hedy for Mothers Day. We buried some cards and notes. One of us had a breakdown there. Yep, me. But the kids were strong for me. And I think it's good for the kids to see me full of emotion about their mom, at least occaisonally. We're being strong for each other.

Today was my least bad day yet. Still full of pain, but for the first time it really feels that life will go on. I think we will be OK.

We had 300 people at the funeral and hundreds at the shiva. People are being so generous and kind that it makes me cry. There is alot of care out there, and I will need to take advantage of it.

I'm drinking too much.

I'm sorry I have not gotten back to the PMs yet. I will soon.

I will not keep this thread alive anymore. I just want to say thabks and send my love to everyone who has written and thought about Hedy and us over the past few days. I will never forget it.

I hope to be my usual funny jerk self soon again.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Should be the weirdest one ever.

Hi Everyone. Some thoughts...

Well, we're kind of back to life today. After a weekend of funerals and shiva I sent the kids back to school. They were anxious for some normalcy and it gave me the chance to work on bills and insurance and crap like that. They did great. It was just what they needed. The school community is being amazingly supportive.

Yesterday I took the kids to the cemetery to visit Hedy for Mothers Day. We buried some cards and notes. One of us had a breakdown there. Yep, me. But the kids were strong for me. And I think it's good for the kids to see me full of emotion about their mom, at least occaisonally. We're being strong for each other.

Today was my least bad day yet. Still full of pain, but for the first time it really feels that life will go on. I think we will be OK.

We had 300 people at the funeral and hundreds at the shiva. People are being so generous and kind that it makes me cry. There is alot of care out there, and I will need to take advantage of it.

I'm drinking too much.

I'm sorry I have not gotten back to the PMs yet. I will soon.

I will not keep this thread alive anymore. I just want to say thabks and send my love to everyone who has written and thought about Hedy and us over the past few days. I will never forget it.

I hope to be my usual funny jerk self soon again.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Should be the weirdest one ever.

Take as much time as you need and let people help you. Peace.

Wow, my God, I am so very sorry...............

I know I'm new to posting here and haven't had a chance to chat with you personally, Dave, but I appreciate your humor and lightheartedness in your posts that I've read...

I've dealt with some loss too this year, but nothing like what you are going through.....just hang on and have faith in the quote "This too shall pass......now would be good."

Can't say much that hasn't been said but my thoughts are with ya. Best wishes to you and your family.

Been offline for a few weeks and to return to this terrible news was just shocking. My thoughts are with you and your children at this time. What you have written was just beautiful and I hope you always remember the good things to comfort you.

Its also great to see the posters coming together and showing such a genuine swell of support for Patjew.

Keep your chin up.

HL

Very sorry to hear of your news, Dave. Have always enjoyed your excellent sense of humor.

Hope you are able to have as good a birthday as is possible, given what you and your family have been through. Peace.

So sorry to hear your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong Patjew.

Happy Birthday David

When you gather around the table and blow out the candles today,Hedy will be right there with you from above chanting the Birthday song in spirit....I guarantee you she will be there in that room with you and the kids....

Dave, peace and blessings (especially 3) for you on your birthday today.

Dave: You are one of the funniest, most even keeled and nice posters on this board. My best to you and your family. I can't imagine what you guys are going through, but I hope you find the strength to get through it.

Patjew,

I can't even express how saddened this makes me. I am so sorry for your loss and I wish there was something we could do to ease your pain.

After I lost my grandfather a few years back, I distinctly remember the day when his memories, instead of making me sad, started to make me smile. It will happen for you my friend.

This is so true. I had a dear friend who died suddenly 3 months ago, leaving behind his wife and 2 infant children. It's been a tough road, but I no longer feel devastated over his passing or memories. I can now smile and laugh about what a pain in the a** he was (in a good way) and cherish the time we spent together :)

Happy Birthday, Dave. Your strength continues to amaze me. Keep your head up.

Last edited:
Dave: You are one of the funniest, most even keeled and nice posters on this board.

The above sums up my thoughts also but I'd also add that I'm astonished by your grace, strength and dignity in confront a tragedy which no one should have to endure. I wish I had seen this thread much earlier, and absent that, my belated condolences and happy birthday to you also.

Wow. I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Dave. I'll certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts.

One thing I have had reinforced from this thread is that this is the best fan base in the country.

It's comforting to know that during a devastating time for someone, you can reach out to your fellow Patriots fans and receive some support in such a rough time.

Even though we all bicker and argue every now and then on here about our love for the Patriots' and football, we are like an "online family" if you will.

Again, Dave, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts.

Wow. I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Dave. I'll certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts.

One thing I have had reinforced from this thread is that this is the best fan base in the country.

It's comforting to know that during a devastating time for someone, you can reach out to your fellow Patriots fans and receive some support in such a rough time.

Even though we all bicker and argue every now and then on here about our love for the Patriots' and football, we are like an "online family" if you will.

Again, Dave, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts.

Very well said, Ryno. I couldn't agree with you more.

We are all extremely glad to continue to see the support shown for our friend in his time of need.

I am so sorry....

oh wow. PJ, i'm so sorry for your loss. I've always felt that you were a good person, and good poster here. If you ever need to chat late at night, I hope you know i'd always be here for you.

Really sorry for your loss Dave - devastating news. Best wishes to you and all your family.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back