PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some of the biggest plays of the AFCG game made by the PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team definitely improved as the game went on.

One of the many things that sets BB apart is that he knows when to celebrate. See how he was thinking his next move in the event Dola's TD was reversed instead of fist pumping and losing his **** like Rex or Tolim would have done? But when he knew the game was iced, he let himself go.

One of the many things that sets BB apart is that he knows when to celebrate. See how he was thinking his next move in the event Dola's TD was reversed instead of fist pumping and losing his **** like Rex or Tolim would have done? But when he knew the game was iced, he let himself go.

He is a great teacher because I do the same thing. I kept saying to my son, we gotta hold them now, gotta hold them. Too early to celebrate.

When Dion turned that corner I started jumping up and down.

Our team definitely improved as the game went on.

That's the title of this season including the playoffs. Our team definitely improved as the game went on. But as another poster said, it sure would be nice to start the SB out really good and let it get better from there.
This is the definition of first world, cup runnith over complaints but it would be F'n nice to have just one Patriot SB win that doesn't require cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the final two minutes :).

And yet one of the biggest plays for the AFCCG didn't happen today.

I think the O-line deserves a big shout out neutralizing Campbell and Company. They got to Brady a few times but it never seemed overwhelming

The wall they made on that Lewis run to seal the game was a work of art. Five guys walled off 8 or 9.

Some great plays. Trey getting to bottles when the jags were in their own territory could be up there, too. Other ones i can think of:
the first PI to cooks
Dola's jumping catch down to like the 10
unfortunately the gronk play was big for us to get the yards...
cooks play on the first drive
rowe jumping the route down in jags territory in the 4th

The wall they made on that Lewis run to seal the game was a work of art. Five guys walled off 8 or 9.
Yup and that lead block by Develin was sweet too

Amendola was huge today too. The first pass to cooks settled me down about the hand. I got upset later but that happens lol

That was just a dart by brady on 3rd and 18 to amendola.That arm still looks pretty good.

Hate to single out anyone because there were a lot of players who came up big to make this win. Brady is the exalted top of the pyramid so this excludes him:

-DA's hands and body control to make that TD, the punt return, makes the tough 3 and 13 catch
-Gilmore breaks up a critical pass
-KVN breaks up the crossing route pass (maybe the only crossing route pass broken up all damn game :)).((KVN being back! stat line: 9 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 sack, 1 pass defensed, 1 forced fumble)).
-Trey Flowers bats down a third down pass that was looked like sure third down conversion (Trey Stat line: 9 tackles, 4 QB hits, 1 pass defensed)
-Lewis run to secure the victory (keep in mind if he doesn't make the first down the Jags end up with 90 seconds -- a shot at victory).
-Cooks drawing the PI penalty on the final TD drive.
-Allen's punting.
-The whole OL giving Brady good protection in the second half against a team with a top pass rush and a D that could now just exclusively think pass rush.
- Rush D in the 4th quarter: I believe 4 rushes for 3 yards
- Pass D in the 4th Quarter: Bortles 38% completion rate (5 out of 13)

I'd even throw in the Dorsett 31 yard catch in the fourth - I believe the longest play of the game for the Patriots(?). Dorsett has been inactive and/or rarely thrown to. What a great time to come up with an AFCCG 4th quarter catch/big gainer.

One of the biggest plays in this game is the fact that Myles jack was called down when we wasn’t down, He was on his way to scoring a touchdown. We caught an absolutely huge break

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again, Officials need to be suspended (not sure how possible that would be considering there’s only so many officials) when they prematurely blow a whistle. I’m thankful this helped us today and didn’t cost us because it’s one of the most annoying things as a fan of football that I see Thursday-Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes