PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some light ChiefsPlanet reading for this fine Monday morning.

Looks like the fan has been charged, disorderly conduct and throwing an object at a sporting event.

Looks like the fan has been charged, disorderly conduct and throwing an object at a sporting event.

Yet somehow (I assume due to contractual agreements/waivers) a hit on the field with clear intent to injure isn't treated as criminal assault and battery.

I'm not so sure we're really talking about adults here. When I read comments regarding Mommy's basement, etc, it makes me think that yes, the internet is made up of little girls and boys playing in an adult world.

This is not meant to downgrade the mostly intelligient folks that participate on forums.

Him and Roethlisberger are the only 2 players I wish injury upon.
Nice list, I could go on, Frank Clark, Greg Hardy, fivehead, Terrell Suggs, and so many others I can't remember right now.

The one abuser I don't wish injury on is Ray Rice because I believe he was trying to come clean about it all against the corrupt owner's wishes, and then the corrupt owner of the ratbirds tried to cover it up because $$$$$$$. And then cut Ray Rice because of $$$$$$$$ when the video surfaced.

Nice list, I could go on, Frank Clark, Greg Hardy, fivehead, Terrell Suggs, and so many others I can't remember right now.

The one abuser I don't wish injury on is Ray Rice because I believe he was trying to come clean about it all against the corrupt owner's wishes, and then the corrupt owner of the ratbirds tried to cover it up because $$$$$$$. And then cut Ray Rice because of $$$$$$$$ when the video surfaced.

Can't say I disagree on any of that. Rice seems to have genuinely learned from his mistake and shown remorse. All those other guys have either pretended nothing happened or aggressively pursued a victim blaming campaign.

OT but I still maintain that Rice would have been out of the league just as fast if the incident never happened. He was straight up bad by that point.

I disagree.
"Titty Meat" is a trail-blazing thread originator.

"**** you piece of **** trash ass mother ****er I hope you get blown up at the next Boston
Marathon. **** Boston **** The Patriots and **** New England fans"

PS....I wouldn't be surprised to learn that NEM is the creative genius behind Chiefs Planet
you are not supposed to mention that POS on this board...EVER

Yet somehow (I assume due to contractual agreements/waivers) a hit on the field with clear intent to injure isn't treated as criminal assault and battery.

Different sport obviously, but a Yankees fan threw a full beer cup at Craig Kimbrel when he was walking out of the bullpen in game 4 and there wasn't anywhere near the level of outrage in the media about that.

Different sport obviously, but a Yankees fan threw a full beer cup at Craig Kimbrel when he was walking out of the bullpen in game 4 and there wasn't anywhere near the level of outrage in the media about that.

It's charming when New Yorkers do it.

Contractual agreements/waivers don't matter. Criminal charges are brought by the state, which is not a party to any NFL employment contract. People can agree that all sorts of things are ok with each other, but that is not binding on the state, which can go right ahead and prosecute for the agreed-upon conduct. (Go talk to prostitutes and johns about that.)

A state is free to bring a criminal prosecution for assault and battery against a player. That said, I'm sure statute and/or case law says that actions which are within generally-accepted behaviors of a particular sport are not crimes. But that's because state lawmakers chose to make such an exception, not because the parties contracted with each other that something was OK between them.

duplicate

Ehn. The woman-beating POS trash that is Tyreek Hill deserves it.

So yeah, it shouldn't have been done, but I can't get worked up about it.
If the kid had been smart he would have laughed it off and we'd have thought him to be classy. Instead he's made a big deal about nothing and now his checkered past is going to be brought up over and over again. And now he's the big loser in this whole non-affair.

If the kid had been smart he would have laughed it off and we'd have thought him to be classy. Instead he's made a big deal about nothing and now his checkered past is going to be brought up over and over again. And now he's the big loser in this whole non-affair.

Yup, I've seen bildos get thrown at Patriots in buffalo twice. A Steelers fan nailed David Andrews in the face with a beer last year. A Yankees fan nailed Craig Kimbrel like a week ago. This stuff isn't okay, but it does happen. On one hand maybe this will help to stop it from happening anymore, which would be a positive development. OTOH, I doubt any of the jackasses who do this stuff are stopping to consider the consequences either way.

Yes, I'm out once Brady goes. That's not meant to diminish BB, but I watch football primarily for the players on the field, not the coaching. Because of the increasing level of crap the NFL has been shoveling our way since about 2004, I have a hard enough time caring about the games even with Brady in them. I'm watching Brady complete his career masterpiece, and then I'm going to have a lot more free time on fall Sundays when he's done.

The DeflateGate scandal is the reason that I’m through with the NFL the moment Tom is done. Seeing the owners and league office as they really are was a revolting display. I still lose a lot of enjoyment of the games knowing I’m supporting these scum suckers, but the only thing that keeps me coming back is watching Brady stomp on their broken hearts over and over again.

The DeflateGate scandal is the reason that I’m through with the NFL the moment Tom is done. Seeing the owners and league office as they really are was a revolting display. I still lose a lot of enjoyment of the games knowing I’m supporting these scum suckers, but the only thing that keeps me coming back is watching Brady stomp on their broken hearts over and over again.
Yep, 38, 38 and 43......

Perhaps if we meet the Chiefs in the playoffs ....

We can invite 'Titty Meat' here for some insightful :rolleyes: pre game discussion.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back