PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder reunion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I just watched the Jets game this morning. You're " they're fine" numbers are wrong. Didn't say Newhouse was a turnstile. Said he's missing blocks and assignments. He could develop into a nice swing lineman or tackle but does not mean he's fine now.

Your numbers are a reflection of scheme, play calling and Brady.
You implied Marshall was bad. He's been an adequate fill-in.

I watched the game too. It was one game. 16 hurries is not great but on 45 drop backs it's not awful. It's been 25% all year. They blitzed more in the 2nd 1/2. It happens.

The line can't run block but pass protection has been fine despite what you think.

If you want to see bad look at 2015.

Last edited:
You implied Marshall was bad. He's been an adequate fill-in.

I watched the game too. It was one game. 16 hurries is not great but on 45 drop backs it's not awful. It's been 25% all year. They blitzed more in the 2nd 1/2. It happens.

The line can't run block but pass protection has been fine despite what you think.

Haha. Ok.

Nate Solder not the Giant I would want.

Cant afford, dont want

The issue is Wynn's health. If he is healthy, I wouldn't want to bring back Solder.

Obviously, if he were to be brought back, he would need to sign a new contract for 2-3 years at much less money. Obvious to me, but maybe Solder is worth $13M a year.

And yes, BB has to explore this. After all, Solder could come back and Wynn move to guard in 2020.

Wynn is coming back, he isn't good and the money isn't chump change going forward,

Not happening

Unfortunately, Wynn’s career stats for playing time for NE, on the Offensive Line, are measured by the (Taxi Meter) Hour. It would be imprudent,
to hang your hat, that this Injury prone talent, is the sole answer for the OL need, heading into the final Trading Day.

On Nate Turn style Solder I hope not.

They let Solder go at the exact right time and let someone else overpay for him. Why would they undo this? Especially if it requires an extension. I am a hard no on Solder.

They let Solder go at the exact right time and let someone else overpay for him. Why would they undo this? Especially if it requires an extension. I am a hard no on Solder.

Crazy to think he wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Marshall Newhouse playing wise. From Turnstile to turnstile also with the frequent breakdown of our Interior Center:rolleyes: most notably poor Brady will be and skates then his @ss.

A fire hydrant would be a upgrade over Newhouse.

I still like the idea of crash test dummy’s on the o line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes