PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder reunion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Blue&Red

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but if so, please feel free so move it.

I first heard this rumor on Bart Scott(a55hat) and Maggie Gray show on The Fan radio station last week.
I realize we are desperate for help, and maybe he could help with Scar helping him..

But I was never a big fan of Nate, and he was horrible when they traded him. IMO
He's been bad with the Gnits.

What are the opinions here, on this?
..If it happens

NFL Rumors: Patriots Eyeing Reunion With Nate Solder Before Trade Deadline?

Last edited:
That would be ironic

Nooooooo!!!! This guy is a turnstile at this point in career and has been getting destroyed since he left!!! He had a few good years but puhleese...there has to better options out there!

I first heard this rumor on Bart Scott(a55hat) and Maggie Gray show on The Fan radio station.
I realize we are desperate for help, and maybe he could help with Scar helping him..

But I was never a big fan of Nate, and he was horrible when they traded him. IMO

..If it happens

I’d rather have Williams even though I think he is a few years older and might be rusty. Wynn will be back soon anyway.

I first heard this rumor on Bart Scott(a55hat) and Maggie Gray show on The Fan radio station.

..If it happens

Where is the notion we are desperate for help coming from? I agree we need help with the run blocking but from a pass protection standpoint the o-line is on a pace to allow 22 sacks this year which would be the 7th lowest in TB12's 20 year career.

Wynn will be back in a couple of weeks. Thuney is fine. Shaq should get healthier. Cannon is OK.

The weakness is Karras b/c he is slow but from a pass-protection standpoint hes been fine.

Can't afford him unless some drastic pay cut occurred. Dante used to be able to straighten him out when he had issues.

Would only make sense if they felt Wynn was not coming back and if the Giants could take on a large piece of his cap hit.

CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported Sunday, citing sources.

If LaCONfora is reporting it, it means it is 100% not happening and made up

I know the money doesn't work, and we have Wynn coming back.
But they desperately need help and depth.
And from what I understand turf toe is a nagging injury that can return quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT want him back.
When the wife and I would watch him , I called him "Sad Sack Solder".
Many screaming sessions at the TV! :mad:

But I keep hearing the rumor.
Scares me that the pickings are that slim. :(

The only way this happens is if Wynn's prognosis took a serious turn for the worse. And even then I'm not sold it is legitimate.

Can't afford him unless some drastic pay cut occurred. Dante used to be able to straighten him out when he had issues.
From a financial standpoint, it makes complete sense.

Solder's 2020 and 2021 deals currently do not have any guaranteed money.

If we believe Thuney will fetch top money and leave then Wynn moves the G and the NEP restructure Solder's deal and basically guarantee some portion of his scheduled 2020 salary and in 2021 realize a small residual cap hit and decide at that point if he is worth brining back. Solder would essentially be a stop-gap and allow the team to groom a 2020 rookie LT to be a starter in 2021.

Cant wait for the trade deadline to pass. So much noise..

We could do better than this guy

My predictions for @captain stone's nickname for Solder.

Nate Sold her.
Natalie Noblocker
Turnstile Nate

Seriously, I'm glad Nate was here and got a couple of well earned rings. But I don't think this is happening because of the dollars. If it is possible I wouldn't put much judgement into his stint with Giants because that was an awful situation across the board. Coaching, Sloth Manning etc.. wasn't something Nate was going to solve.

Where is the notion we are desperate for help coming from? I agree we need help with the run blocking but from a pass protection standpoint the o-line is on a pace to allow 22 sacks this year which would be the 7th lowest in TB12's 20 year career.

Wynn will be back in a couple of weeks. Thuney is fine. Shaq should get healthier. Cannon is OK.

The weakness is Karras b/c he is slow but from a pass-protection standpoint hes been fine.
That makes me feel better.
The line did well against the Jete.

And Sanu could help as well?

I think it's just a case of people oversimplifying the situation when they hear we have OL problems. They assume it means Brady needs better protection when the OL also has a second job (run blocking). I think the media is at least partially to blame for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back