PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So... What do we do with Steven Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevrox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He was a really dynamic player who created big plays in the running game. He basically carried the team on his back against Denver today and kept us in the game. Great signing late in the season.

If you are on the 1 yardline I would much rather give the ball to Jackson than Blount.

Considering Lewis is coming back, I would rather have Jackson in a part time role than Blount.

Any running back would struggle behind the OL we took into the playoffs.

I never gave Dante Scarneccia the credit he deserved. We really miss him.

I don't know if we can blame our current OL coach Dave DeGuleilmo but we sure can't give him any credit this season.

I like Jackson. Hope he stays. At cheap of coz

He was a really dynamic player who created big plays in the running game. He basically carried the team on his back against Denver today and kept us in the game. Great signing late in the season.

I'm not sure of the point of this. It was clearly a desperation move. Was there anyone else available in mid-December who could have really helped, especially with the way the offensive line was playing?

To people who are thinking we will be fine if we just bring back one of Blount/Jackson: I get its because of Dion Lewis, but you can't trust that Lewis will stay healthy the whole year unfortunately.

We need a lead guy.

give him one of these and wish him well

891117-wz_705__rocking_chair_.jpg

His contract will expire.

To people who are thinking we will be fine if we just bring back one of Blount/Jackson: I get its because of Dion Lewis, but you can't trust that Lewis will stay healthy the whole year unfortunately.

Marshawn Lynch on a cheap contract would give this offense a huge punch.
We wouldnt make him a bellcow all the time he has proven to be a decent team mate Bill can ring him in if need be.
Ill take it further you keep Blount as well as bring in Lynch and you pound at defenses with 2 fresh beastly backs.
I think Blount needed a year off he didnt seem healthy.
Expect him to come back stronger.
I dont want Forte we have 2 of him in Lewis and White.
We need pounders.

I'm all for Lynch coming here for a year.

I just don't think I could trust Blount at this point though. I think his time here is up.

Last thing we need is Forte. Too much money, won't produce like he did in Chicago. We have Lewis/White to play Forte.

We need an honest-to-God 1st and 2nd down RB. Someone who can actually run it with some passion and try to make plays. Blount and Jackson both just look spent. They look like all RB's look at the end...they just fall over on first contact. Eddie George did it, Shaun Alexander did it, I think even Emmitt Smith did it. It's time to look for a big, hungry back that will run hard play after play, even if the OL doesn't create a gaping hole.

One day; maybe soon maybe later, Brady is going to look like Manning (or Curt Schilling to use another example) does now. Getting by on smarts and guts. We will NEED a running game when this happens. Why not get one now and hope it lengthens Brady's career?

A few more games like today and we may not see Brady play anymore. He was getting battered all game. Save this guy a few beatings and find an RB please?

We need to draft a RB, and also consider signing a lower/middle tiered kind of player to a reasonable deal.

Hand him his retirement papers for a 2 yard gain.

(Kind of an undeserved jab, his TD today was already more than I would have expected from him. Great player whose time has passed now though)

Last edited:
I would let him go...he just doesn't have it anymore.
If anything get beast mode!

It's funny that people think anybody but a first ballot hall of fame was going to get anything behind that cardboard cut out line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes