PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, Let's Talk About Day Three

Which round you mock Deatrich Wise. He has some Chandler Jones in him also 10 pounds heavier. Nice find
Some of you guys mentioned this Kpassagnon guy so maybe as real late rounder, but mixed feelings.

Wise is another guy who tested much better athletically than he seems to play. That might prop him up a round or so, but I think around 100-120 is a modest projection.

Kpassagnon is a long term play, with the idea to get him up to 310-320 and play him at the 5 tech. He is so lean already at 290, putting on an additional 20lbs really should be very difficult for him. He is probably closer to the 75-90 range right now, but it's hard to tell. If a team values him as an edge guy, the value goes up.

I would guess with Ealy coming in and measuring closer to the larger edge we usually require, the Pats may not necessarily lean towards that in a draft pick. They may look more at the mid sized rushers who can cover in space a bit better, like Mathis.

Which round you mock Deatrich Wise. He has some Chandler Jones in him also 10 pounds heavier. Nice find
Some of you guys mentioned this Kpassagnon guy so maybe as real late rounder, but mixed feelings.

I understand those mixed feelings.

Kpassagnon is really tall and looks like he was manufactured in a lab, but he's also really raw in terms of diagnosing plays and rush skills from what I've seen on tape. Also, his agility testing numbers aren't significantly better than those of DTs who weigh in at 15-25 pounds heavier.

Long term development project. Kind of this year's Margus Hunt, but without Hunt's athleticism.

I have a feeling the Guy signing probably rules out Deatrich Wise. I think they'd have performed similar functions on the roster.

I have a feeling the Guy signing probably rules out Deatrich Wise. I think they'd have performed similar functions on the roster.

Between Guy and Ealy, that is a lot of size that can move inside and out.

The defense is being built like 2007, with a lot of speed to get after the QB, since they are counting on the offense giving them the lead early and often. We need one or two olb/des that can create mayhem, and this will get reallllly fun.

Maybe Derek Rivers is in play in the 3rd - 5th rounds now? He's a bit lighter in the pants than most of the edge guys I've looked at previously, but he had very good test numbers and is smooth in space. Speedier guy since we've already got some big beefy DL.

Maybe Derek Rivers is in play in the 3rd - 5th rounds now? He's a bit lighter in the pants than most of the edge guys I've looked at previously, but he had very good test numbers and is smooth in space. Speedier guy since we've already got some big beefy DL.

I like Rivers a lot.

I'm prob higher than most. Haven't ran any #'s on him but he's def a potential for #5/6 Rush.

I don't he last past the 2nd

Would be fascinating to see if Takk comes a lot more interesting if all you are asking of him is to go get the QB. I know he has a lot of limitations, and the interviews didn't go well, but could he fall far enough to negate the negatives?

Could be a really interesting guy to just go get the QB on 3rd and longs.

Couple other guys that I see players of interest after the recent acquisitions

Anderson
Langi
Hendrickson

And if they were to move back in to the 1st, Willis becomes a very obvious target as well.

Would be fascinating to see if Takk comes a lot more interesting if all you are asking of him is to go get the QB. I know he has a lot of limitations, and the interviews didn't go well, but could he fall far enough to negate the negatives?

Could be a really interesting guy to just go get the QB on 3rd and longs.

Couple other guys that I see players of interest after the recent acquisitions

Anderson
Langi
Hendrickson

And if they were to move back in to the 1st, Willis becomes a very obvious target as well.

I doubt Takk makes it out 2nd.

Id look at Sidney Jones and IR him

Willis #'s are comparable to Clowneys.

I doubt Takk makes it out 2nd.

Id look at Sidney Jones and IR him

Willis #'s are comparable to Clowneys.

I love Sid Jones as much as anyone, but I am going to wait to hear how bad this is. Achilles injuries for a corner can be career killers. I just feel awful for the guy.

I love Sid Jones as much as anyone, but I am going to wait to hear how bad this is. Achilles injuries for a corner can be career killers. I just feel awful for the guy.

Killed my day.

If everything looks ok after surgery he'd be worth it as a day 3 pick. 6-8 months recovery but I'm not thinking about this year.

Jeremy Cutrer

Jeremy Sprinkle

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News