PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So how many can we get for Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were BB, I'd seriously be thinking of maxizing what I can get for Moss right about now. I also prefered the no name WR's we used to have back in the day. Moss is fantastic but maybe not the Patriot way, too high profile. I miss the Troy Brown WR crew.

Now we know what happens when cousins marry.

If I were BB, I'd seriously be thinking of maxizing what I can get for Moss right about now. I also prefered the no name WR's we used to have back in the day. Moss is fantastic but maybe not the Patriot way, too high profile. I miss the Troy Brown WR crew.

I'd LOVE to trade Moss for a package of lb, wr's, man, our secndary sucked but who do you replace? Definately need at least one better CB..

I think you could trade him for the entire Raiders team.

Why don't you work on that today if you can find your way out of the hole you live in.

And don't get mad, you start a post like that - you should expect the hammer to be brought down on you.

It's ironic that many people bemoaned McDaniels for years and now that he's gone we're missing him a lot more than we missed Charlie (who I was also a big fan of).

Speaking of Charlie . . .
hate to pat myself on the back here but I liked McDaniels' playcalling except for one game. mildly high-profile game, but still.

It seemed to be a no-brainer that losing him was bad.

This is a dumb post. what we learned yesterday that moss and wes can be shutdown by rushing 3 and dropping 8 in coverage.

they single covered rb and the 3rd receiver effectively using 5 guys to take moss and wes out.

IN such a case you need a 3rd wr who can catch doh. we have edelman and stanback both never played WR and are learning - projects. Aiken was never integrated into the offence till week 5 and it shows.

Add gaffney and the offence would have been dynamic or just have aiken take the snaps from training camp we would ahve had different results.

you cannot win wit 2 great WR and a QB.

...once the opposition realizes your OL can't pass protect long enough to get the ball to them on time consistently.

All I can say in the OP's defense though is life is all about choices. To an extent Moss is wasted here because of the OL. That didn't become apparent until December...of 2007. But it did become apparent then. Extending Dillon proved to be a miscalculation since he was toast, but that wasn't apparent until 2005 or even 2006 if you insist on allowing for the injury rationale. Extending Moss after what happened in 2007 should have mandated an upgrade on the OL. Unfortunately we also needed to get younger and faster on defense. That took priority in the draft at a time when some of us were begging for another starting tackle and guard. Not only for what they would do for the offense, but for what that would allow the offense to do for a transitioning defense.

Chris Baker is on WEEI now. That's the most we hear from him this week since TE's are utilized here as blocking fodder.

When there were no weapons..it was lets get some in..Moss and Welker come in...Now, let's bring back the no names...This is a pretty dumb post really...QUITE dumb.. The problem is the team was relying on Galloway to do something and he showed nada..and by the time that was realized, it's almost impossible to find a 3rd WR..Aiken is doing OK, but that was needed from training camp...Stanback and Edelman are OK but developing as young receivers. Take away and real threat of a 3rd receiver and that makes defensive back easier to take care of Moss and Welker.

WHY does Reggie Wayne who is double covered most weeks still catch 10 balls a game

WHY does Larry Fitz, Derrick Mason etc

Because their OC's get them in the game, not just have them do a 40 yard sprint down the touchline every down

Yeah sorry this thread is ******ed

Next will be saying we should have kept Cassel instead of Brady... We were outcoached and outplayed last night.. period.... The defense and the lack of a third option is hurting this team... Not Randy Moss...

here's what the Pats SERIOUSLY should've done:

kept Cassel, and traded Brady instead of Seymour.

Someone made a point of how they drop 8 in coverage and 3 man rush. Everyone is BEGGING for us to pound the ball. Maroney went to a hypnotist and can run now. Why did we get away from Maroney ownage after the first two drives :mad:

I'd LOVE to trade Moss for a package of lb, wr's, man, our secndary sucked but who do you replace? Definately need at least one better CB..

Agree completely. Randy Moss isn't going to lead this offense and this team anywhere and Brady's need to keep his binky happy is screwing up this offense and hurting this team. That would be awesome if the Pats could trade Moss for some value coming back. But who would want Randy Moss if it were going to cost them something good?

Btw, it's not an overreaction to last nights game when discussing Moss going elsewhere. Tom Brady has 3 rings without Randy Moss on his team. Moss has zero rings for his lifetime. Brady needing to babysit his binky (gotta throw to Randy or you "lose him") is screwing up Brady and this offense. I remember the good old days when Tom looked for the open receiver. Now he's forcing the ball to binky and throwing a pick a game (some are game changers) when doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back