PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SO excited about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I REALLY think we're going to bounce back in this game.

Remember the Jets game at NY a couple of seasons ago, when we came in, short-handed, and smoked 'em. Nate Ebner played significant minutes on defense. Repeat performance tonight?

Is leaving Branch behind for this game, like we left Sheard behind for San Francisco, which we we won, and started the run that ended in Houston with the Lombardi?

I'm so friggin pumped up for this game. Anyone with me?

With apologies for the language:

A69Zp_s-200x150.gif

A couple seasons ago the Jets game in NY it was Fitzmagic who smoked us in OT.

Remember the Jets game at NY a couple of seasons ago, when we came in, short-handed, and smoked 'em. Nate Ebner played significant minutes on defense. Repeat performance tonight?

Is leaving Branch behind for this game, like we left Sheard behind for San Francisco, which we we won, and started the run that ended in Houston with the Lombardi?

I'm so friggin pumped up for this game. Anyone with me?
I'll be very surprised if the defense bounces back after a short week. I know Brady and offense will be ready to go though.

This game worries me a bit just because of the short week. I'm not sure there's been enough practice time to really iron out the **** we've seen on defense over the past month. As a result, I expect the D will be pretty bad tonight, although I'm hoping to be proven wrong of course. I'm just hoping the offense is good enough to win a shootout, and then I think the real test for the defense will be week 6, after the mini bye. If they're still really bad after that, then I'll concede that they just suck and are going to continue to suck for the rest of the season. But if a significant improvement is going to happen, I think that's when we start to really see it.

Its 50/50. Gronk out makes things tighter.

Thursday games are weird just thankful we won

Uh, no. It was a very ugly win that did nothing to allay my fears. The O-line was putrid. The D was barely adequate. This game tells us nothing about them going forward. If not for a kicker on the snide (and the misuse of time outs), the Pats lose this one. Easily.

Short week for a banged up travelling team did not help..

Neither did the officiating that was obviously unequal.. wonder if Goodell through his minions are secretly paying off the refs who call the most obscure rules they can find, "peelback block".. then there is phantom roughing the passer calls on the Pats and similarly "egregious" hits on Brady that were not..

Brady looked off, maybe it is difficult to switch gears after Gronk was declared out.. do not understand why Allen(aside from blocking) and Phillip Dorsett are even on this team..

Predict a few good byes in the next 10 days, might be time to shake some stuff up.

Neither did the officiating that was obviously unequal.. wonder if Goodell through his minions are secretly paying off the refs who call the most obscure rules they can find, "peelback block".. then there is phantom roughing the passer calls on the Pats and similarly "egregious" hits on Brady that were not..

I'm not one to get all conspiratorial at all, but even I'm wondering what the hell is going on. Don't get me wrong; we deserved about half those calls, but it's starting to feel like we're getting the "Al Davis Raiders" treatment.

One thing I DID notice was that as soon as Tampa got rolling on one drive, he was starting to throw flags on them too. I guess he likes them low-scoring. :rolleyes:

then there is phantom roughing the passer calls on the Pats

Are you talking about the ones before the half? There was nothing phantom about those, just stupid football.

My question for the refs is, what is the difference between Amendola's hand usage on his OPI call and Brate's on his TD?

Are you talking about the ones before the half? There was nothing phantom about those, just stupid football.

My question for the refs is, what is the difference between Amendola's hand usage on his OPI call and Brate's on his TD?

There were similar hits on Brady that were not called.. refs seemed very one sided.. those two hits were stupid, but Tampa pretty much did the same thing.. call nothing or everything.

If things aren't weird already, what if the offense stinks tonight and defense is better? :eek:

Ok. I am out. :D
I was just joking when I said this. :mad:

But I am glad defense played better and we got away with a win. R-E-L-A-X and fix the issues and get ready for J-E-T-E :)

I'll be very surprised if the defense bounces back after a short week. I know Brady and offense will be ready to go though.

The exact opposite happened in the game, Nostradamus.

The exact opposite happened in the game, Nostradamus.
So? Wasn't that what we expected was likely to happen? General consensus was a high scoring game and coming off a short week it seemed unlikely the defensive issues would be shored up. I'm pleasantly surprised that the opposite happened.

Screw yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back