PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So apparently in the early dynsaty years BB considered Seymour their best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

glm

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is from the 2002 Pats-Chiefs game.

It's stated at 15:19.

Doesn't surprise me at all, Seymour was such a monster and this was before TB became TFB the GOAT of all GOATs.

He better make the HoF.

Just thought the PatsFans community would find that little nugget interesting. :D

Interesting but not surprising.

There were a lot of people in New England who didn't think Brady was the top player, even after the first Super Bowl. I remember there was still a QB controversy afterward; plenty of people were saying Bledsoe should get his job back.

But I just love seeing this video because it transports me back to those days. If I recall, it was after this game that the wheels came off the 2002 team. I'm still going to save this game, though. I've got a growing catalogue of Pats games.

Interesting but not surprising.

There were a lot of people in New England who didn't think Brady was the top player, even after the first Super Bowl. I remember there was still a QB controversy afterward; plenty of people were saying Bledsoe should get his job back.

But I just love seeing this video because it transports me back to those days. If I recall, it was after this game that the wheels came off the 2002 team. I'm still going to save this game, though. I've got a growing catalogue of Pats games.

Are you saving your games on a hard drive?

A lot of people thought Brady had "it", not sure what it was but you saw something, now we know what "it" was, Seymour was a beast in his heyday though.

In 2002? BB was right.

Regards,
Chris

This felt pretty much consensus, especially with Seymour going on to be a three straight first team All-Pro from 03 to 05.

It’s hard watching anything without High Def...
Unless it’s an old Patriots game!

Was an unbelievable talent

Accurate.

But didn’t Borges tell us that NE had a chance to make an impact, but wasted a top pick on this piece of garbage ?
He of the infamous, "On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end."

Quotes that aged as well as Max Kellerman's cliff or Rob Parker's 2012 gem that Brady will never play in another Super Bowl.....
That triad is the Moe, Larry and Curly of journalism..to be kind.

He of the infamous, "On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end."

Quotes that aged as well as Max Kellerman's cliff or Rob Parker's 2012 gem that Brady will never play in another Super Bowl.....
That triad is the Moe, Larry and Curly of journalism..to be kind.

That’s because Belichick is “duplicitous pond scum.”

That’s because Belichick is “duplicitous pond scum.”
Well, “pond scum” tries to find it’s own level.

Close between him and law but hard to argue against bb here. Both were as complete a player as you can get at their positions.

Are you saving your games on a hard drive?

If you work at 345 Park Ave, then no...not at all ;)

I've tried to keep a catalogue of cools Pats playoff games, Super Bowls, and some of the good regular season games (ButtFumble, 45-3, etc)

Seymour is next for HOF

Belichick, Kraft, Brady, Law, Seymour, Vinatieri, Harrison, Gronk, Chung, McCourty, Hightower, Slater

It's a goddamned crime that Harrison isn't in yet. Sadly, the only locks from that list are BB, Kraft, Brady, Law (already in), Vinatieri, and Gronk.

Seymour is next for HOF

Belichick, Kraft, Brady, Law, Seymour, Vinatieri, Harrison, Gronk, Chung, McCourty, Hightower, Slater

are you saying that all those players should get into the Pro Football HOF?

because there is zero chance that Chung, McCourty and Hightower get into the HOF. And there is very little chance that Harrison and Slater will get in.

Seymour will eventually get in but will have to wait some more years, same with Vinatieri. Gronk should be a 1st ballot HOFer but it isn't a complete lock.

Brady, Kraft and BB are obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back