PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF Michael Jordan Promo For Packers at Patriots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question: it's been 18 freakin' years.
Why hasn't some other team tried the system that produced 5 Super Bowl victories??!!

tumblr_mab3gl2TCo1rgz12yo3_400.gif

No. Night games rock. They rocked if you ever played under them. Friday night lights and all...

Only old people complain about night games.
Yes, Friday night games and Saturday night games are great. Sunday night games and Monday night games blow chunks. I, like others here, played night football games in high school and other night baseball games in college. Only unemployed people don't complain about Sunday and Monday night NFL games.

Yes, Friday night games and Saturday night games are great. Sunday night games and Monday night games blow chunks. I, like others here, played night football games in high school and other night baseball games in college. Only unemployed people don't complain about Sunday and Monday night NFL games.

And people who live on the west coast.

Well maybe its because I’m in AZ so its not bad at all. Maybe I’ve forgotten lol.

Night games aren’t so bad here in the sandbox; it’s a 4:45am proposition here which hives with my schedule better than games starting at 9:45pm. Shift all that an hour forward after this weekend and it’s even better.

Also, AFN will show night games but getting the Pats is tougher on day games. It’s almost always the Cowboys and Squealers or some randomness like Tennessee/Carolina being played.

Doesn't the fact that the Greatest of All Time QB debate has shifted from Brady vs. Peyton Manning to Brady vs. Aaron Rodgers prove that Brady is the best?
This! The only reason guys like Manning and Rodgers even get to be in a conversation about all time great quarterbacks is because they happened to be playing at the same time as Brady.

SNF Michael Jordan Promo For Next Week:

Here we go.... are we really going to paint a picture of this game as if whoever wins it is considered the GOAT?

Give me a break.

Nope. But the goat will win this game.

My question: it's been 18 freakin' years.
Why hasn't some other team tried the system that produced 5 Super Bowl victories??!!

Short answer.... The other teams don't have the secret sauce.... and his initials are BB.

70% of 'the system' has nothing to do with play calling, formations, or even specific player personnel.

Short answer.... The other teams don't have the secret sauce.... and his initials are BB.

70% of 'the system' has nothing to do with play calling, formations, or even specific player personnel.

It's actually Tom Brady. Not BB. With a QB like Brady, your "system" looks fantastic.

It's actually Tom Brady. Not BB. With a QB like Brady, your "system" looks fantastic.

It goes both ways. I love TB12. He's the GOAT without doubt, but not sure he goes to 8 Super bowls and wins 5 if he's drafted by the Buffalo Bills.

It's ok to have the goat coach and the goat QB. As a matter of fact its phucking great!

It goes both ways. I love TB12. He's the GOAT without doubt, but not sure he goes to 8 Super bowls and wins 5 if he's drafted by the Buffalo Bills.

It's ok to have the goat coach and the goat QB. As a matter of fact its phucking great!

We're talking about the offense though. Not the defense, which is Belichick's specialty.

Not any QBs go to 8 Super Bowls if they are with the Bills. But what if they go to the Steelers? What if they go to the Ravens? Those are the questions. Brady on the Ravens gives them a few more Super Bowls. Steelers too.

Last edited:
Yep. He's been the QB of two dynasties only player left from the 04 win.

Yep. He's been the QB of two dynasties only player left from the 04 win.
and one head coach, plus also Dante, Josh, and Fears

I don't see the need to precisely dole out the degree of credit that "ought" to go to each GOAT. I'd rather just revel in the joy of the combo.

I guess I'm in the minority because I see Aaron Rodgers as the epitome of what the league pretended Peyton Manning was.

• They said Manning was a unique talent that the league had never seen before. He wasn't, but Rodgers is.
  • They said Manning was the smartest quarterback ever. Laughable in reality, as the Colts had the simplest offense in the NFL despite Manning's ridiculous showman theatrics. Rodgers is clearly a smart quarterback since he's easily the all-time leader in INT %, way, way above Manning, who was nothing special at all.
  • They said Manning had a bad supporting cast and that he carried them to every win. The Colts absolutely were not bad at all and actually well above average for supporting cast, while the Packers are essentially a run of the mill salary cap era team.
  • They said Manning's playoff failures were due to the Colts defense, other players, and everything else they could blame. So untrue as Manning really was a choker and the Colts defense often played well in the playoffs while the offense was horrible. Rodgers really has had a lot of games where he's played very well but his team has crapped the bed. You can cite Seattle in 2014/15 NFCCG, but that's just one game (in addition, I'd say that Seahawks defense matched up perfectly with the Packers WR-focused offense over the Patriots offense featuring Gronk, Edelman, and Vereen.)
So, I don't think Rodgers is "the best individual quarterback" and this accomplished word is just an insult and hogwash. I'm wondering how Brady has never finished outside the top 5 when voted by the players and has been #1 three years, while Rodgers is far, far behind? That's the actual players voting, so how is it that "the most talented player" is rated far below Brady? He clearly isn't as good as Brady, and on top of that, he'll be a footnote in about 10 years as already other guys (Mahomes, for example) are poised to pass him statistically and talent-wise. But Rodgers is a great quarterback, and he's exactly what the media hyped up Manning to be for so many years.
Tonight: Tom Brady vs. who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back