PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF Michael Jordan Promo For Packers at Patriots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, a thread for people who confuse a network trying to hype up a matchup with a meaningful assessment of reality.
A good part of America undoubtedly will argue the winner of the game will prove who's the goat.....that is unless the Pats win:rolleyes:

Well, allegedly Brady himself feels that Rodgers would blow Brady away if he played for NE instead of GB:
https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-told-coach-aaron-rodgers-throw-7000-yards-patriots-133902363.html

Yea exactly, because Brady is a classy, unselfish player that is a true leader thru and thru...

Rodgers loves himself some Rodgers, he loves when the media hype him up, he loves pointing out his injuries and how brave/tough he is for overcoming them.. He loves being talked about in the same class as QBs who have accomplished SO MUCH MORE!

Rodgers isn't even likable at all! I don't get how people hate Brady so much but love Rodgers... I mean I get that Brady is a metrosexual, but like is Rodgers really this ole southern lovable guy?

I just don't get it... the media picks certain QBs to constantly pump up and raise on a pedestal their entire careers, making excuse after excuse for them... the same savages that have viciously attacked Brady and tried to tarnish every single thing he has ever accomplished throughout his career, including his name/reputation!

/spits

My question: it's been 18 freakin' years.
Why hasn't some other team tried the system that produced 5 Super Bowl victories??!!

Easy. Because it's NOT easy. It's really, really, really hard and demands consistent and relentless execution at an elite level by every personnel in the org, from the players to the coaches to the scouts to the ops guys et al.

Only BB has the cajones to run a tight ship like that. And that why he gets tons of crap from media and even pats fans for his hard-ass ways.

Easy. Because it's NOT easy. It's really, really, really hard and demands consistent and relentless execution at an elite level by every personnel in the org, from the players to the coaches to the scouts to the ops guys et al.

Only BB has the cajones to run a tight ship like that. And that why he gets tons of crap from media and even pats fans for his hard-ass ways.

I'm talking about the QB system.

The articles today (for instance from Idiot O'Connor) referred to Brady being a system QB.

The Patriots have been in 8 Super Bowls with Brady. In the 2001, 2004, & 2007 Super Bowls, the defense played great. Brady really only disappointed in 2007.

In all the other Super Bowls, Brady played great, including the 2003 Super Bowl when the defense gave up a point a minute for the last half of the game, when Harrison went out with an injury and the DBackfield collapsed, when Adam Vinatieri missed 2 chip shot field goals. He played great in the second loss to the Giants when he set the NFL record for consecutive completions in the playoffs, and were it not for a key drop, he'd have been the MVP that night too. And of course last year with 500 yards against the Eagles.

My point, Brady has been a huge factor in the Patriots getting to and winning Super Bowls. Belichick's defense was fantastic in 2001. Outside of that year though, I am really giving most of the credit to Brady.

Then there's the constant refrain that Matt Cassel lead them to a 11-5 record -- a ridiculous point considering the easy schedule (which is why they didn't make the playoffs), considering that was a 7 win dropoff from the previous year, and considering Cassel went on to have better seasons (i.e. better stats, yards, rating, etc.) with the Chiefs, and he even made the Pro Bowl!

Last edited:
If I were creating the GOAT quarterback based on a perfect mastery of the position, I think, he would win more than 64% of his games regardless of supporting cast. Considering this is the salary cap era and most teams are watered down with rarely more than one Hall of Fame player, and the quarterback is responsible for so much, I don’t understand how someone considered this great doesn’t even win 2 out of 3 games. There’s something wrong here. Supposedly the greatest ever based on passer rating, efficiency, lack of turnovers, and has a very good if not great offensive supporting cast, yet never has the best offense. Something big is not being picked up by evaluators. Same thing with Russell “below average offense every season” Wilson.

Naw, the Rodgers vs Brady debate sets off a special sort of anxiety around these parts for some reason.

I'm not sure that it's anxiety as much as anger over the constant attempt by many to place Rodgers on a pedestal he doesn't belong. He is clearly not the GOAT.

If Rodgers plays in the next six Super Bowls then by the time he’s 41 (Brady’s age) he will still have been to less Super Bowls than Brady.

Plus, Rodgers wouldn't have had to play against Tom Brady to get there, as many other QBs in the AFC have had to. Roethlisberger and PEDton had a much more difficult road than Rodgers because they had to get through the GOAT just to get to a SB.

No. Night games rock. They rocked if you ever played under them. Friday night lights and all...

Only old people complain about night games.
Easy for some of you guys to say. So try this several times a season. 3 hour dive to Gillette. Tailgate from 4 til 8. Game gets over around midnight and it's between 4 and 5 hours to drive home. Now, what kind of day would you have at work? Yes the game itself is electric....but you pay a price. I've been going to games since 1995. The first bunch of times its easy. At this point I could use a few more getting home at 8 or 9 instead of having the games start then.

Last edited:
Doesn't the fact that the Greatest of All Time QB debate has shifted from Brady vs. Peyton Manning to Brady vs. Aaron Rodgers prove that Brady is the best?

Not really. It could prove that the folks making those calls are clueless and/or looking for clicks.

Tom Brady interview for SNF

That was a great interview - even with all of Brady's dodges. I liked watching the chemistry between these two guys.

And damn, Rodney looks really young. He must be living right. Bet he wishes he could still be out there playing the game, when he watches Brady.

I don't really care what Brady says before or after the game. It is all scripted. I do care about what Brady does on the field in a game. That is where he is measured as a QB.
The GOAT.

Open Letter to Tom Brady.

Tom,

10 seconds left you choose Jordan. Full stop. There is no debate.

Best,

RW

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
Do you guys get a video removed by user too?

Rodgers is a great QB, but he's No Tom Brady

I posted this a month or so ago so the numbers for the three active players may have changed but I'm too tired too look up the changes and these are large enough sample sizes anyway.

50+ pass attempts:

Brady: 13-7 , 6-2 playoffs
Brees: 4-13, 0-2 playoffs
Rodgers: 1-4, 0-0 playoffs
Manning: 4-13 , 0-0 playoffs

40-49 pass attempts:

Brady: 32-16 (7-7 for 45-49 attempts), 5-5 playoffs
Brees: 38-52 (12-25 for 45-49 attempts), 1-4 playoffs
Rodgers: 12-20 (3-6 for 45-49 attempts), 2-4 playoffs
Manning: 39-27 (9-14 for 45-49 attempts) , 3-9 playoffs

Fewer than 60 yards rushing for the quarterback's offense:

Brady: 12-14, playoffs 6-2 (Won SB vs Seattle, lost SB and perfect season)
Brees: 7-29, playoffs 2-2 (none with Chargers, Won SB vs Colts)
Rodgers: 6-7 , Playoffs 1-0 (Steelers in SB)
Manning: 17-27 (14-21 Colts, 3-6 Broncos) , 1-5 playoff (1-4 Colts, 0-1 Broncos)

But the most interesting part of the interview for me is when Brady said he talked to Rodgers. Brady said Rodgers said he sees the coverage and knows if he's going to run or not where Brady said he's never thinking that, and is thinking how he can change the play into a more favourable play.

Most titles? Clutch ability? A "tough call"? No, it's not. This isn't even subjective.

5 rings, 8 SB appearances and 35 4th Q comebacks (.515 success rate)
vs
1 ring, 1 SB appearance and 13 4th Q comebacks (.286 success rate)​

Athletic talent is irrelevant for QBs or else Cam Newton or Russel Wilson would be GOAT.

This is the most contrived football debate ever. At least Peyton vs Brady was somewhat reasonable at one point in time.

20160401-google-mic-drop-minion-april-fools.0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back