PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Site Supporters - Thread Post Preview (UPDATED 3/1/23)

Interesting hadn’t run into that yet. Which thread and what browser?
You should tell him it won't work on flip phones.

It was actually this thread, with FireFox. But I think I described it poorly when I said 1-2 posts. It depends on how big the posts are, and it was more fluid when I just tried it on another thread. The limitation is still there, but it's now only after the fuction's scroll bar gets down to the bottom of the browser's range.
Yeah, FF's tabs are pretty fat, so it pushed it down. I just reduced the max-height size so it should be working better in that now.

You should tell him it won't work on flip phones.
LOL, as if working around all the different browsers isn't bad enough. :D

LOL, as if working around all the different browsers isn't bad enough. :D
I use FF so glad he brought that up. I'm usually on my android phone when I visit the site though.

Reactions: Ian
I use FF so glad he brought that up. I'm usually on my android phone when I visit the site though.
Shouldn't be any issues on Chrome, so hopefully you're good. But again, let me know which thread you're seeing doubles in and let me know the id (the number in the top right of the header where the avatar/username is) so I can see which id is repeating and hopefully troubleshoot it.

Great feature Ian. But the binoculars?
Kinda pervy?

• Ha Ha
Shouldn't be any issues on Chrome, so hopefully you're good. But again, let me know which thread you're seeing doubles in and let me know the id (the number in the top right of the header where the avatar/username is) so I can see which id is repeating and hopefully troubleshoot it.
I think it's good. May have been reading post-reply, then original post further down when I scrolled thinking it was doubled. I like the feature. Just took a bit to get used to it.

I think it's good. May have been reading post-reply, then original post further down when I scrolled thinking it was doubled. I like the feature. Just took a bit to get used to it.

So age and day drinking then?

Went to search my posts, and only 3 would pull up. I doubt it's related to what's happening with this new feature, but I thought I'd mention it here, just in case.

Went to search my posts, and only 3 would pull up. I doubt it's related to what's happening with this new feature, but I thought I'd mention it here, just in case.
No, different issue. Rebuilding the search index.

Great feature Ian. But the binoculars?
Kinda pervy?
LOL, I hadn't thought about it that way. It was tough, I looked at all the available icons, and the only other one that sort of fit a "zoom in and look" type of scenario would have been a magnifying glass, but we obviously already have one of those on here for the search function and I didn't want to make it confusing.

Last edited:
This doesn't show up for me, maybe I am missing something ?

2 issues:

1.) The preview doesn't show more than maybe 8-9 posts max.

2.) Does not work on iOS using a Safari browser.

But thanks for trying though.....

That's pretty bad ass. I saw the binoculars and thought what the hell is that but wasn't curious enough to click on it.

• ThankU!
2 issues:

1.) The preview doesn't show more than maybe 8-9 posts max.

2.) Does not work on iOS using a Safari browser.

But thanks for trying though.....
Got you - are you on a Mac? Because it works on my iPhone in Safari. And yes, it loads 8 posts at a time and then loads the next group.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back