PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's Perloff: Pats a forgettable mini-dynasty, forever tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SI's Perloff: Pats a Forgettable Mini Dynasty, Forever Tainted

Can you believe this guy? What a tool! Here's the link if you want to tell him what a doofus he is.

11-5 without the record setting league MVP, top pass rusher, and heart and soul of the defense is slipping back to mediocrity? Is this guy drinking early today?

Yeah. Pats and Lions. Kraft = Ford. Belichick = Marinelli. Millen = Pioli. Brady/Cassel = Kitna/Orlovsky. Riiight! Nice comparison there Einstein.

If Boston sports were sliding backwards, articles filled with such obvious jealousy and disdain for Boston sports would not exist. This Perloff character effectively destroyed his article by writing said article.

He is always anti pats. he kept saying that the pats wont win 16 games last yr.I bet he writes this to get responses in the so called 'locker room' on the dan patrick show. If you want to vocally voice his opinions you can call up dan patrick show since he is one of the minions on that show too.

they f*cking pay this guy for this?? i can't even get offended, this is utter trash. how can you not be embarassed to attach your name to an article this lazy and pointless?

wowwwwwww

i'm kinda shocked at this. i wonder how much he makes?

You could always go back and edit the link out... with just a few one liners quoted just giving credit to the "author" and the publication is enough, if somebody wants to find it bad enough they can. :cool:

Big props to whoever came up with assclown cretin. That was even better than mine, which was better than ctpats'. ;)

It WAS wicked pissah, wasn't it?

(pats self on back, dislocates right shoulder)

Great suggestion to edit out link BTW!

Last edited:

I find it comforting to know that these clowns are still thinking about the Patriots during the playoffs even when the Pats are watching from home.

One season removed from 16-0 and 11-5 without the NFL MVP? That is insightful journalism, and writing clearly reflective of a journalist with a clue. I'm not reading his trash.

Last edited:

His bio says he is from NY. Big surprise.

3 out of 4 = forgetable mini-dynasty?
One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Not for nothin', but NO team has even APPEARED in 2 SB's this decade.

That is, except for New England.

Last edited:

You could always go back and edit the link out... with just a few one liners quoted just giving credit to the "author" and the publication is enough, if somebody wants to find it bad enough they can. :cool:

Thanks T-Shirt. I edited out the link per your suggestion. I didn't realize I could do that.

this was a great response, probably by a co worker at SI
This is painful to read. Please tell me SI doesn't pay you for this nonsense (actually, I know they do since we're co-workers. I'll talk to the boss about this). Let's see...

1. The Sox came within a run of beating Tampa in Game 7 and playing in the World Series. I'd say dishing Manny worked out pretty well for Theo. Oh, and it also worked out when they dished Nomar for not being a team guy and won the World Series in 2004. No mention of that?

2. The rules do apply for the Pats. They lost a first-round pick and their dynasty isn't over. Nor is their an asterisk by anyone's name.

3. The Celtics' mini-slide started three games before Marbury's name was ever mentioned. That's a real reach.

4. You care to explain this statement that Boston teams taste success and humility is out the door. Maybe an example or two...

5. The Sox weren't thrashed by the Yankees in the hot stove season. The Yankees chose to spend more money because their team needed help and they have a new ballpark opening. The Pats may have missed the postseason but they finished 11-5, despite losing more man games to injury than any other team in football including the MVP (Brady), their top LB (Adalius Thomas) and defensive leader (Rodney Harrison). That's pretty impressive. And the Celtics didn't get lucky against Cleveland last year, nor has anyone ever said that their victory was due to luck (until you just did, that is).

I mean, we're all entitled to our opinion, but at least that opinion should have some logic or research behind it. But Perloff has provided neither. Go back to your indie records and Desperate Housewives reruns. You're a loser.

His bio says he is from NY. Big surprise.

now that i remember from the dan patrick show..i think he is a yankee fan.

this was a great response, probably by a co worker at SI
Can't be another writer from SI, he doesn't know the difference between there and their.

......wait on the other hand, we are talking about the people that employ Perloff.

LOL. That's a complete troll job and people are getting all worked up. SI got exactly what they wanted: page hits!

"Boston teams aren't comfortable at the top and one by one they slip back into the mediocrity the city is accustomed to."

That pretty much says it all. Name me another city in the last decade who has had more World Championships. How about two decades?

another hater. let people think what they want. 3 out of 4 is pretter tough to top

SI: Paying journalists to write crap since 1968

[disclaimer: year is just a number i guessed...]
Just remember that Gerry Callahan used to write for SI. :rolleyes:

Yea those boston teams sure are shrinking back to mediocrity like that awful city they're in... Bruins top team in east, celtics top team in east, red sox make playoffs, patriots have better record than several playoff teams

hurfdurf

(note that this post was original written in all caps)

Last edited:

The fact that new yorkers are ripping this guy apart in the comments instead of praising anti-new england talk should be a huge red flag.

just look at this mutt's face...if he got whapped in the face with a bag of fresh, steaming turds it would be a 1000% improvement...can't you just see this gawky Perloff prancing around in mommy's basement in her old moth eaten 30 year old lingerie?

Consider the FACT that this poor moron has to walk around in public with THAT face the rest of his life....then it might be easier to understand why he writes these little 5 year old boy screeds.

This piece of writing is right up there with the script writers for Letterman's Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes