PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver Lining... Sony Michel

He was much more decisive in his runs. It was the best he's looked since his rookie season but its a small sample size. Would be interested to see what he can do against Buffalo if Damien isn't playing again.
Too bad the coaching staff decided to keep it a small sample size yesterday. Not really sure why.

Let's stop worrying about which round he was picked in or who's been better. He and Harris are a very good tandem going forward, with White as a premier 3rd down back. Very good rotation.

Nice to see him collect those last 5ish yards, initiating contact.

Seriously? Sony? My god who cares about even one inch of his useless yardage from yesterday. The game, the entire season, has been a total debacle. Sony is just one of SEVERAL mind-numbingly worthless draft picks of Belichick. The roster is pretty much a dumpster fire.

It’s just being honest. Michel was good his rookie year and great in the playoffs. He was off last year clearly due to injuries and has looked very good this year. Sorry to disrupt your patriot hating but facts are facts.
The truth is somewhere in the middle. Michel had great games in 2018, and he saved his best for the right times, but he had some very poor and frustrating games as well. His 2019, whether due to injuries or not, was just awful.

Then I remember that Michel was the #2 back behind Nick Chubb in college. His rookie year here was the first time he was really asked to carry the load himself. Perhaps he's just not that kind of guy.

And I'm fine with it. If Michel remains this effective on 12 carries a game, I'd rather have a significant contributor as a change of pace than a bust as a bell cow.

I have been a big Sony hater for a while but if this is the role he succeeds in then good. Let him be a compliment and a guy to spell Harris. I still don't think he was worthy of a first round pick but we might as well get what we can from him.

A two headed monster type of offense with Harris and Sony might be interesting. Would help protect a possibly rookie QB too if there is one. Would be even better if they can be used in the passing game.

I think Harris’ running style has rubbed off on him. He seems more decisive, tougher. He dragged two guys 5 yards on one play. He was mini-Blount.

I think our running backs are a strength of this team....I love Harris, add Sony, Rex and Taylor and I think we're in good shape here. I am thinking that White will be gone.

We drafted The wrong university of Georgia RB. Could have a
had a 3 down superstar

I think our running backs are a strength of this team....I love Harris, add Sony, Rex and Taylor and I think we're in good shape here. I am thinking that White will be gone.
Wouldn't hate to see Sony as the new White. He'd need to get more involved with the passing game

We drafted The wrong university of Georgia RB. Could have a
had a 3 down superstar
Chubb has been playing 1/2 the snaps for CLE this year and is a just-ok receiver

I actually think Sony has the ability to do more in passing game, but White is so good its tough to justify using Sony that way. Really don't understand the hate on Sony.. He had a bad season while battling injuries and a terrible OL... But has been very good other than that.

No, hes not a superstar... but we have a very solid RB group in White/Michel/Harris... I'd say we've drafted really well..

But yeah that doesnt fit everyones rhetoric that "we need weaponzzz, BB sucks at drafting - fire him as a GM we need weaponzzz"

Sorry, salty mood today. But in all seriousness - anyone who watches these games and thinks that Cam is a starting caliber NFL QB they are delusional. Teams don't even keep safeties deep vs Pats because they know Cam can't hit a receiver downfield.

Chubb has been playing 1/2 the snaps for CLE this year and is a just-ok receiver

sony owns a pair of Edward Scissorhands as a WR.

chubb has the explosion, athleticism, second level speed ability that Sony could only dream of

the comparison isn’t close...Chubb by a landslide

sony owns a pair of Edward Scissorhands as a WR.

chubb has the explosion, athleticism, second level speed ability that Sony could only dream of

the comparison isn’t close...Chubb by a landslide
Chubb is a better player than Sony but Chubb is nothing special in the passing game.

You are arguing he is a 3-down player and he is not being used that way.

Chubb is a better player than Sony but Chubb is nothing special in the passing game.

You are arguing he is a 3-down player and he is not being used that way.

well he is, they simply own another all pro rb whose the best receiver rb in the nfl ...Hunt. chubb doesn’t have a severe case of the dropsies like Sony does

brown are 10-4 and Chubb is a big reason why. On pace for another 1500 yard season through 16 games played.

well he is, they simply own another all pro rb whose the best receiver rb in the nfl ...Hunt. chubb doesn’t have a severe case of the dropsies like Sony does

brown are 10-4 and Chubb is a big reason why. On pace for another 1500 yard season through 16 games played.
He was nothing special in the passing game before Hunt.

But hes not playing 16 games so he'll be lucky to hit 1000yds this year.

I’d prefer we shelved him and ran with Taylor more the next couple games just to get him reps

Are you on a mission to find out if there’s a limit to the amount of threads a single user can create?
For some (the 50-75 posts per day no-lifers), I think this site is their only friend (besides their Tom Brady Inflate-a-mate)

I’d prefer we shelved him and ran with Taylor more the next couple games just to get him reps
I was really hoping to see more of Taylor yesterday. Sony to for that matter.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back