PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver: Brady freezing out Bowles and Leftwich in Bucs gameplanning

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
"“The level of responsibility that Brady imposes upon himself has always been massive, and this year he’s taxed to the max. One example: on the night before each game, Brady runs a separate meeting with the Bucs’ skilled players during which he goes over the game plan, makes tweaks to assignments and formations and a provides a revised blueprint – one in which first year head coach Todd Bowles and offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich and the rest of the staff are left to discover in real time once the game begins.”

There's a paywall, but this quote was read on Skip and Shannon Undisputed this morning. If true, it's quite damaging as it means Brady is calling the shots and not doing a very good job of it.

Think this would work in NE?

edit: Luke Easterling sums it up in another article

Last edited:
Not dismissing the story, but you of all people should know Mike Silver has had an anti Brady narrative since the Deflategate fiasco and Shannon Sharpe is the biggest Brady hater not named Rob Parker. Isn't it strange this is the first time we've heard of this?

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Not dismissing the story, but you of all people should know Mike Silver has had an anti Brady narrative since the Deflategate fiasco and Shannon Sharpe is the biggest Brady hater not named Rob Parker. Isn't it strange this is the first time we've heard of this?

Silver is from the Bay Area, and he posted this...

I just noticed that Pork has a gif of a Mahomes to Hill TD on his signature which I can't see on my phone. LMAO, what a Tool.

Silver is from the Bay Area, and he posted this...

Mike Silver used to be close to the Brady family and then deflategate happened and he went insane

Again I'm not dismissing the story. I'm just really skeptical on the source

Again I'm not dismissing the story. I'm just really skeptical on the source
Skeptical of source and poster. So many posts/threads now have a slant that is designed to make either Brady or Belichick look bad, depending on which camp the poster is in.

Doing nothing that most other QB's don't do already including Brady when he was in NE. And co-ordinating with Belichick without McDaniels input.

FrEeZiNg OUt lol

Last edited:
This.

Silver and Brady were close for Brady’s first few years in the league as Silver is a Bay Area writer.

It’s well known that when Silver went after Brady hard for Deflategate the relationship was ruined and Brady doesn’t speak to him anymore. I remember clear as day Silver on NFL Network slamming Brady and saying he doesn’t believe him. The guy is the biggest smug d-bag you’ll ever see.

Lol attacking the author…seems like a trend around here when people see an article they don’t like, especially about Brady.

I think any hatred for Brady due to deflate gate on the part of silver is long gone. He seems to be advocating a Brady return to SF…in fact he sat down with him for an interview this past week

Last edited:
Doing nothing that most other QB's don't do already including Brady when he was in NE. And co-ordinating with Belichick without McDaniels input.

FrEeZiNg OUt lol

Would explain why Tampa’s offense sucks…

Would explain why Tampa’s offense sucks…
Bowles is a conservative douche.
Leftwich's stupidity is only surpassed by Bowles'.
Historically bad running game... 32nd in yards, yards per attempt, and TDs (and every other significant rushing stat).
Fournette is a fat loser.
O-line has been a total disaster... the one remaining goof from last season is the absolute worst of the bunch.
Godwin hasn't regained his pre-ACL form.
Evans is a bum this season.
They don't have an established #3 WR.
They're relying on three rookies for key contributions.

More reasons why the team sucks...
They're undisciplined.
No one can tackle on defense.
They're slow.
Secondary sucks.
Special teams suck.

Bowles is a conservative douche.
Leftwich's stupidity is only surpassed by Bowles'.
Historically bad running game... 32nd in yards, yards per attempt, and TDs (and every other significant rushing stat).
Fournette is a fat loser.
O-line has been a total disaster... the one remaining goof from last season is the absolute worst of the bunch.
Godwin hasn't regained his pre-ACL form.
Evans is a bum this season.
They don't have an established #3 WR.
They're relying on three rookies for key contributions.

More reasons why the team sucks...
They're undisciplined.
No one can tackle on defense.
They're slow.
Secondary sucks.
Special teams suck.
It’s more simple than that - they aren’t who they once were in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They’re no longer the team you can’t run on and there’s a great reason why Brady is in the top quartile for hits even though he’s getting the ball out of his hands at the fastest rate in the league.

Lol attacking the author…seems like a trend around here when people see an article they don’t like, especially about Brady.

I think any hatred for Brady due to deflate gate on the part of silver is long gone. He seems to be advocating a Brady return to SF…in fact he sat down with him for an interview this past week

Left without showering, so he stank both during and after the game...

Interview clearly was after the game, BTW.

Two first year Offensive Coordinators/Consultants......

OC #1
Record 6-7
Total yds/gm.........338
Pts/gm...........17.2
Relationship w/ QB..................unadulterated self-love
Relationship w/ fans,,,,,,,,,.....unadulterated man-love

OC #2

Record 6-6
Total yds/gm.......318
Pts/gm...............20.8
Relationship w/ QB................mutual disdain
Relationship w/ fans.....universal condemnation

So why do you hate him?

Mac is a true bum like literally

Not dismissing the story once again, but to me it's looking like a nothing burger

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back