PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we try to land Brandin Cooks?

Used him like a 50/50 WR chucking it downfield no matter the coverage like they would with Moss. That's not Cooks' game. He's a downfield threat, but he hates contested catches. He ran both short and long routes in NO, not so much in NE. I envisioned him to be used like Deion Branch and Wes Welker running screens/short routes picking up cheap yards and setting up the intermediate and occasional big play which Branch did. All year he looked uncomfortable in the Pats offense.

And they did facing Cooks who dropped a game changing TD with the slightest bit of contact. Bill didn't want to pay him because he was as soft as Charmin and not good enough to warrant the price tag he was seeking.

Him dancing around for no reason and getting knocked out in the prior Super Bowl didn't help either. There's a reason he kept getting traded.

$18M is way too much for him. Apply that money towards a real difference maker.
If we did get him back... I wonder if he wou
Not accurate.
He made the play on offense in AF
Can't rightly argue with that train of thought. I would love Thornton to step up. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
2 trades can happen... Hopkins or Ramsey... seems the rams are looking to move him.. so they may be somewhat desperate.. both trades can happen what do you think is the most realistic?

Not a bad player to have... From what I am reading, he performs like a "B" student while being compensated like an "A" student...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back