PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we trade Thuney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
It’s now out that the Jets are interested in Thuney I think the best thing to do is find a team outside the division who will negotiate and give Thuney a long term deal.
Grab the compensation whether it’s a player or a mid round pick.

Keep him.

the jete are interested? interesting, considering the name Joe Thuney shouldn't even cross their lips until he's a free agent.

and do not ever trade a guy like thuney to a division rival.

AND MAYBE we can finally get some compensation for their obvious tampering this time? Like a third round pick?

It’s now out that the Jets are interested in Thuney I think the best thing to do is find a team outside the division who will negotiate and give Thuney a long term deal.
Grab the compensation whether it’s a player or a mid round pick.

Thuney can't get a long term deal until next offseason. That's what yesterdays deadline was about. This also decreased his value upon trade.

You will not get much back for him under those circumstances.

Trade.

Wait until camp starts. There is bound to be a Super Bowl contending team that has a Guard land on IR.

Trade.

Wait until camp starts. There is bound to be a Super Bowl contending team that has a Guard land on IR.
I don’t want to see him ride off in the sunset with the Jets or Phins I say either pay up or trade him control where he goes.

Nobody is going to trade anything of value for a RG that is owed over 14 million on a 1 year contract and that can not sign an extension.

Thuney isn't going anywhere.

I don’t want a damn mid round pick.

We can have a great line with him on board this year. Just keep him.

Froholdt, Eluemunor or Onwenu
ElManure & OneMenu will never, Ever be legit candidates for the left side of an OL, though both of them could be legit candidates here for starting/backup RT...and T.Rex Frodo's best position - if he even has one in this league - is likely as a backup Center.

ElManure & OneMenu will never, Ever be legit candidates for the left side of an OL...If anything both of them could be candidates here for starting/backup RT...and T.Rex Frodo's best position - if he even has one in this league - is likely as a backup Center.
That remains to be seen.

We have been making some questionable trades in the last few years... If we do part ways with him, i hope its a fair compensation

No need to trade. We have the cap room to manage this season with the 7 mil credit.

I would assume he will sign a huge deal and we may get a third round comp pick. Doubt anyone will trade anything better than a third for a guard they will still need to pay after giving up a pick.

I would assume he will sign a huge deal and we may get a third round comp pick. Doubt anyone will trade anything better than a third for a guard they will still need to pay after giving up a pick.
But keeps him out of the division If we do trade him.

Would you rather have say JC Jackson locked up for the next 4 years or Thuney?
I’d say Jackson
Keep him this year and then let him walk. O-line was a weakness last year so keep everyone while you can.

Sign Jackson next offseason.

Would you rather have say JC Jackson locked up for the next 4 years or Thuney?
I’d say Jackson

Locking Jackson up isn’t dependent upon trading thuney. Jackson hits RFA next year and with our cap situation improving drastically next offseason we essentially have 2 years to work out a long term deal before he hits UFA. Im assuming any deal reached this year we can manipulate the cap hit this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes