PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we tank this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are just letting there emotions get the best of them.. People are upset so they seem to be thinking irrationally, when we beat San Fran then the Chargers everyone will be loving Cassel again

Nah...I don't think this is the case with this poster who started this thread. If you look at all his threads, there is a consistent lack of reasoning but a childish immaturity in all his/her responses right after Chad Jackson was cut.

Agree that most of the true fans emotions range from being mad to disappointed with our beloved team's loss; but I wouldn't apply that frame of mind to individuals who seem to be focused daily in bringing up their pet agenda that has been discussed and discarded to death. :D

Again, like I said, no one wants to address the ineptness of Matt Cassel. Thanks for proving my point.

You have no point because you don't understand the bigger complexities of the game.

Let's just pull the cover over our eyes and ignore the 4 balls that should have been picked off yesterday and the one that was to kill a drive.

Let us know when you've taken the cover off your own eyes and you start acknowledging how the crappy line play directly affects the throws of the QB. Not all of us are like you and just ignore that Cassel was under constant pressure.

Let's ignore all the crap throws we witnessed yesterday, the happy feet, the lost fumble, the deer in the headlights look, mis-reads, guys wide open all over the field and Matt like usual staring down the primary WR who was usually covered. They even pointed it out yesterday how David Thomas was so wide open down the seam yet Cassel had no idea, no clue, no ability to scan a field and run his checkdowns. He can't even throw a freakin screen pass, 1 of his screens was picked 2 or 3 others were batted down. I'm sure there were countless other situations of guys running free and Matt having no idea.

The crap throws? Not having a pocket to step up in will cause bad throws. Being under constant pressure will cause bad throws. Having happy feet is directly related to poor O-line blocking. Not having time to complete your check downs because the O-line can't hold their blocks to save your life.

The screen that was picked. Why is it that you fail to mention the 3 defensive players that were around Cassel? You know, the ones that were going to hit him and DID hit him.

I have news for you. Cassel did throw screen passes yesterday. Maybe you should learn to watch the entire game instead of being whiny all the time.

There weren't "countless situations" with guys running free. But far be it from you to stick to the facts.

OH, on the David Thomas being open play, why don't you parrot something else that the media idiots covering the game said. While Thomas was open, Cassel was under pressure from the back side and had no pocket to step up into to make a throw. That's fact. Whether you like it or not.

His passes flutter and float. All of them. There's no zip, no tight spiral.

Wes Welker called as says you need to STFU when you don't know what you are talking about. The issue with Cassel is that he has too much zip and doesn't put enough touch on his short passes. And there was plenty of zip on the pass to Randy Moss in game one. There was also plenty of zip on ones to Welker and to David Thomas yesterday. Again, you deal with your own ineptness and not with reality.

He'll be on the pine by week 5 and Patriot-ville will be able to drop the koolaid and admit that he can't play in this league. But for now people can keep the blinders on and blame the defense, which played great btw the first two weeks to win the games. It will be corrected by BB, that you know. Matt Cassel, IMO, cannot be corrected. Time will prove that out.

Its not a matter of Kool aid. Its a matter of understanding the bigger picture. Something you have shown that you don't have the ability to do. OH, btw, people aren't just blaming the defense. They are blaming the offensive line also. But, you don't let facts get in the way of your ramblings.

Last edited:
Keegs, does this look familiar?

KoolAid.jpg

This is the typical answer by the clueless to the smart who have a better grasp of issues with the Patriots. You're all Kool Aid drinkers. It doesn't matter if you talk about the problems with the O-line that directly affect the play of the RBs and the QB. It doesn't matter if you point out that the entire defense, including Mayo (who blew the coverage on David Martin's TD reception), was poor yesterday. The fact that you don't agree with their myopic view that everything is Matt Cassel's fault makes you a Kool Aid drinker.

I think people are just letting there emotions get the best of them.. People are upset so they seem to be thinking irrationally, when we beat San Fran then the Chargers everyone will be loving Cassel again

Some people, I agree with you. However, this is the norm for Briz and for BradytoMoss.

DaBruinz says it best, the key problem is this OL. The one good thing without Brady is they've been exposed, we need to make moves to strengthen the line. Cassel has been under fire since he has taken the ball from Brady. Brady just had a legendary pocket awareness to mask this. I'm not defending Cassel because he needs a lot of work, no doubt. But what the hell can we expect when our OL gets beaten by a crappy DL?

No ? I thought so, let me explain it to you.....

It's in reference to you having an issue with anything negative being mentioned about this football team. You can't seem to come to grips with that. We're fans, if we see something we're unhappy with, be it the stinky play of Matt Cassel yesterday or the fact that BriZ and I can't believe they kept the likes of (Sam Aiken, CJ Jones and Kelley Washington - non factors that they are) over a guy like Chad Jackson, who Briz and I feel if given a chance in this league will show his worth, that's our opinion. You're a KoolAid drinker, a homer, tell us how you felt Matt Cassel played yesterday, can you do that, or is that just too hard to do?

I thought Cassel suc*ed and this team is going no where with him behind center.

See, that is why YOU are the issue, BradytoMoss and not other people. Others have taken issue with the team, but they show some knowledge of the bigger picture. Something that neither you nor Briz have done.

I have news for you. Kelley Washington and Sam Aiken bring more to this team than Chad Jackson was bringing. And I was pulling for Chad Jackson. You keep going on about being given a chance, well, teams like the Seahawks and Browns, who need receivers, have passed on Chad.

Cassel played lousy yesterday. But the O-line and defense were WORSE. And O-line's play directly affected Matt Cassel's play. This is a concept that seems to be beyond your comprehension. My recognition that there are bigger issues than Matt Cassel doesn't make me a homer or a Cassel apologist. It makes me someone who has a better understanding of the game than you do.

If / when the O-line gets its act together, then you might be able to do a fair evaluation of Cassel and his abilities. Until then, their play is the bigger issue because it has a bigger affect on the game.

I'm beginning to thing Briz is Chad Jackson.

Chad Jackson sucks. Sorry, but that is the reality.

No one in the NFL wants him on their team. He might excel with Michael Bishop throwing to him.

"Cassel played lousy yesterday. But the O-line and defense were WORSE. And O-line's play directly affected Matt Cassel's play. This is a concept that seems to be beyond your comprehension. My recognition that there are bigger issues than Matt Cassel doesn't make me a homer or a Cassel apologist. It makes me someone who has a better understanding of the game than you do."

I am by no means, giving this O-Line a pass, they were brutal, especially Kaczur and I've said as much in your prior post. He's terrible, Nick Kazcur should be cut tomorrow, but BB has no one else to go to, which is why Nick is still cashing a check because Britt's no better.

But answer me this, even when Cassel had time, like the pass he threw right threw the hands of Will Allen and into the lucky hands of Welker, how do you put that horrible pass on the O-Line? He badly missed Welker on a WR screen threw the ball about 5 feet in front of him and Moss on a sideline out, badly missed, this is WHEN HE HAD PLENTY OF TIME. His lost fumble, that's on him, that's not the O-Line. Passes batted back at him on simple screens, that's on him man, that's not the oline. It's a designed screen DaBruinz, he's supposed to get the ball up over the stretched out arms of the DLineman, he had 2 of them batted down, that's him, not the O-line. There were missed reads all over the field and you know the one where David Thomas was all alone down the seam and Cassel was clueless.

He has regressed each season, you know it and I know it. His best football was played in his rookie year during the pre-season, he's gone backwards ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Moss is already tanking this year. I think that butt raping we got yesterday could prove to be the best thing that could've happened. The pressure is off. Plus we have the easiest schedule in the league. Belichik got outcoached by a rookie head coach, but everyone has a bad day. He is still the genius everyone has known he is for years. If he can use this bye week to get the players together, they can build on successes and improvement one week at a time. Plus once Brady can return to the sideline, his presence alone is the difference between winning and losing 3 or 4 games. he'll keep everyone accountable.

I forgot to mention this: Was I the only one that saw that dope smoker Ricky Williams dive at Vrabel's knees on that 60 yard TD we gave up? He should be fined and suspended. Totally cheap play by a totally classless player.

I forgot to mention this: Was I the only one that saw that dope smoker Ricky Williams dive at Vrabel's knees on that 60 yard TD we gave up? He should be fined and suspended. Totally cheap play by a totally classless player.

No, you weren't. That was a bush league move, especially since Vrabel had no hope of catching Brown at that point.

why the hell would anyone here even want Maualuga? His only strength is the power of his hits. there is no way he could learn this system. Laurinitis on the other hand, would be a good fit.

Maybe I'm just pissed about how that was the 3rd time Ronnie Brown kept it out of that formation, and our Pro Bowl LBs still couldn't get their heads out of their asses long enough to defend it. Embarrassing. The players should donate their paychecks to a statewide physical fitness program. As bad as it was watching that nightmare of a game on TV, then we had the embarrassment of knowing all the highlight shows were going to show the footage of all the fatass fans filing out of our stadium in the 3rd quarter. Utter humiliation.

"Cassel played lousy yesterday. But the O-line and defense were WORSE. And O-line's play directly affected Matt Cassel's play. This is a concept that seems to be beyond your comprehension. My recognition that there are bigger issues than Matt Cassel doesn't make me a homer or a Cassel apologist. It makes me someone who has a better understanding of the game than you do."

I am by no means, giving this O-Line a pass, they were brutal, especially Kaczur and I've said as much in your prior post. He's terrible, Nick Kazcur should be cut tomorrow, but BB has no one else to go to, which is why Nick is still cashing a check because Britt's no better.

But answer me this, even when Cassel had time, like the pass he threw right threw the hands of Will Allen and into the lucky hands of Welker, how do you put that horrible pass on the O-Line? He badly missed Welker on a WR screen threw the ball about 5 feet in front of him and Moss on a sideline out, badly missed, this is WHEN HE HAD PLENTY OF TIME. His lost fumble, that's on him, that's not the O-Line. Passes batted back at him on simple screens, that's on him man, that's not the oline. It's a designed screen DaBruinz, he's supposed to get the ball up over the stretched out arms of the DLineman, he had 2 of them batted down, that's him, not the O-line. There were missed reads all over the field and you know the one where David Thomas was all alone down the seam and Cassel was clueless.

He has regressed each season, you know it and I know it. His best football was played in his rookie year during the pre-season, he's gone backwards ever since.

It would be nice if you watched the game and didn't pick and chose your snippets and ignore the rest of the field.

On the sideline out to Moss where Cassel threw behind him? Even the idiot announcers picked up that Cassel threw it out on purposes because Will Allen had the route covered.

Please keep your myopic snippets to yourself because you ignoring that on the same play that Thomas was "all alone down the seam" while ignoring that Cassel had pressure from the blind side and had no way to step up and make the throw, shows that you can't be talked to because you refuse to look at the entire picture. YOU just see Cassel as horrible and you refuse to open your eyes to reality.

OH, BTW, Tom Brady says you need to go back and watch some of his games where he missed players badly on throws when he was in his first year as a starter and that you shouldn't come back until you have actually been under center in his and Cassel's situation. OH, Peyton Manning says that you should watch his games also because he gets screens knocked down on occasion too.

BTW, on the fumble, it was a good play by Porter. Sorry that you have a problem giving credit where its due. But that is pretty normal for you.

why the hell would anyone here even want Maualuga? His only strength is the power of his hits. there is no way he could learn this system. Laurinitis on the other hand, would be a good fit.

Me thinks you are confusing Laurinitis with Vrabel. I've heard nothing but negatives about Laurinitis and his ability to learn systems.

No you weren't the only one. I've mentioned it a few times. That should have been a 15 yard penalty, but the friggin refs didn't call it. That's why Vrabel was so pissed off. Because he knew that it was a candy-ass illegal play by Williams and the refs had their thumbs up their butts.

Jeez, we lose 1 game in September, and you people go into "Wait til next year" mode. We're the vistims of our own success.

DaBruinz - You're dang right it was candy ass by Ricky, and Vrabel had every right to be pissed. 15 yr penalty? My butt! Fined and suspended. Ronnie was at least 30 yards ahead of the closest defender in a blowout, and Cheech Williams is diving at knees? Totally classless.

No ? I thought so, let me explain it to you.....

It's in reference to you having an issue with anything negative being mentioned about this football team. You can't seem to come to grips with that. We're fans, if we see something we're unhappy with, be it the stinky play of Matt Cassel yesterday or the fact that BriZ and I can't believe they kept the likes of (Sam Aiken, CJ Jones and Kelley Washington - non factors that they are) over a guy like Chad Jackson, who Briz and I feel if given a chance in this league will show his worth, that's our opinion. You're a KoolAid drinker, a homer, tell us how you felt Matt Cassel played yesterday, can you do that, or is that just too hard to do?

I thought Cassel suc*ed and this team is going no where with him behind center.

once again, that does not apply to me.

I've already said that i thought Cassel was pretty crappy yesterday.

you should try actually reading my posts.

I'm a bandwagon fan huh ? You have no idea who I am. I sat on those cold bleacher benches all through the early ugly 90's with seasons tickets prior to Tuna arriving, went to every game. I also went to the freakin Superbowl in 86 down in NO against the Bears. Don't call me a bandwagon fan, get your facts straight. I'm a dedicated fan, but what I'm not is a freakin homer and I call it like it is.

i'm calling b.s. on this one.

your maturity level, constant whining, and CJ and DRC obsession leads me to believe that is a lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back