PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we tank this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt we tank the game against Miami a few years back to avoid playing Pittsburgh (who won the SB) the first game of the playoffs?

Tanking is fine as long as its logical.

didnt we tank the game against Miami a few years back to avoid playing Pittsburgh (who won the SB) the first game of the playoffs?

No.

You can't be older than 10.

Chad Jackson sucks. That's why he's not on ANYONE'S roster. He'll be looking for work with the AFL in the spring.

I don't think tanking will get us enough ping pong balls in the NFL draft lottery.:rolleyes:

No.

You can't be older than 10.

um yes, we lost that game on purpose to play Jacksonville in the playoffs instead of Pittsburgh.

There's a difference between tanking, and not risking team health to win a meaningless game.

just a thought. Going deep into the depths of my analysis ive come to the conclusion that we probably wont win the SB this year without Brady. Next logical thing to do to strenthen the team is to tank and get a top 10 pick in the draft. Rey Maualuga would look awefully nice next to Mayo next year. Or Malcolm Jenkins at corner would be orgasmic.

Bah.........

um yes, we lost that game on purpose to play Jacksonville in the playoffs instead of Pittsburgh.

And here's the irony of that game, it was against the Fins and it was our own Matt Cassel at QB who "intentionally" overthrew a wide open WR on a 2pt conversion no less, to intentionally lose the game to guarantee the Jax game. He so much as smirked afterwards when he was asked about it and joked about it. BB had him do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanking a game for better playoff position is one thing, tanking an entire season for one unproven college player is another.

no, again... NO. 100% factually NO. We were a play away from winning that game with Cassel anyway.

There's a difference between tanking, and not risking team health to win a meaningless game.

no not only did we play our scrubs but we almost won, Cassel threw the ball out of bounds if you forgot, thats an overall plan and execution to tank the game.

Someone actually suggesting that we should tank the season? Really?!?

Why not trade Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork too? Now hear me out. Since we will be tanking the year anyway and they are free agents after next season anyway, why not get a maximum value for them? We are likely to lose one anyway, so let's stock up on draft picks. That way we will suck this year and next year and rebound big time in 2010. I am so on board with this it ain't even funny.

Why not trade Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork too? Now hear me out. Since we will be tanking the year anyway and they are free agents after next season anyway, why not get a maximum value for them? We are likely to lose one anyway, so let's stock up on draft picks. That way we will suck this year and next year and rebound big time in 2010. I am so on board with this it ain't even funny.

Problem is you won't be able to deal the overrated Seymour at that bloated salary, I like your thought process though......

no not only did we play our scrubs but we almost won, Cassel threw the ball out of bounds if you forgot, thats an overall plan and execution to tank the game.

You know nothing.

its too early to tank ill admit that, but if we continue to play Cassel and stick with him ":eek:" for the long term and end up losing a bunch of game by midseason then YES i would want to tank and get as high as possible pick in the draft instead of going nowhere if we did manage to sqweek into the playoff. There are some sure bonified STUDS at the top of this years draft, this draft is waaaay better than last year. A top 10 pick this year you are looking at a franchise impact player. I dont have any problem with tanking under that situation, its the smart thing to do. We can rebound strong next season with Brady healthy and the new draft guys (oh dont forget SD is 0-2 and we have their 2nd).

Last edited:
Briz you should voluntarily take a few days off from this board. I don't want you banned but I do want to see some thoughtful posts.

I've thought this for a while, but now im pretty convinced that Briz and Brady to Moss are either troll buddies or the same damn person.

It's just nonstop negativity and Chad Jackson hype.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

you guys need to relax we arent breaking any rule violations if you dont want to read my or B2M post then dont click the link!

do you ever stop and think that some posters like myself and B2M are just as disgusted listening to most of you guys gush all over and defend Cassel and stuff, the same way you dont like hearing our criticism of him or other things? Why our your posts held in a higher standard than ours?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand