PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shot Across the Bow?

Really?

The last 2 drafts have been great. Guys like Judon and Henry have been top notch FA selections. The Pat's have always had great depth as well. The Pat's have never been in cap hell going on 24 years.

A real NFL QB does wonders for this team.

This coming draft is rumored to be QB rich. Give BB one last shot at fixing the Pats up for the future.

I think you are vastly over-rating the talent on this roster. OL and receivers are garbage whomever is the QB. other than Gonzalez theres no one in the last 2 drafts that you would say are foundational pieces. the media heads point out every game how slow the patriots receivers are and how devoid of talent their offense is compared to the rest of the league.

and even if bill drafts a new QB. if he gives them the same OL and receivers they are going to be ruined and flame out. but Bill in his mind believes he does'nt need elite weapons or OL. He can just coach up jags.

If he wasn't "bill belichick" any other GM would've been fired for hiring a DC/special teams coach as an OC. and then hiring a bunch of jags off the scrap-heap at OC/WR this year when even the media could see it was going to be a major issue.

unless Bill decides to take a step back and let some offensive guru come in re-design what we need in the draft/offensively I do not want Bill building the roster. Bill wants to build teams to run the ball, control the clock, and hold teams under 20 and win 20-15

its how he's built the patriots since 2019. and at their best/ceiling they can win against the "sisters of the poor" but once they face a real NFL team or someone who can roll over their defense. they are done. and thats what we saw in 2019 with Brady(who won a superbowl the following year throwing 15 more td's), 2020 with Cam and now the last 3 years. the ceiling is a middling team with this roster building strategy. half a decade in, its not getting better.

Last edited:
I think you are vastly over-rating the talent on this roster. OL and receivers are garbage whomever is the QB. other than Gonzalez theres no one in the last 2 drafts
You Team Mac folks vastly underrate just how bad the QB is. So, blame the other 10 guys.

Henry is no good. Gesicki stinks, Bourne is lousy, Parker is a bum.

The same as 2001. The Pats had nobody other that Terry Glenn to help Bledsoe. Then, a new QB started and won games with the same people that were not good enough for Bledsoe.
that you would say are foundational pieces. the media heads point out every game how slow the patriots receivers are and how devoid of talent their offense is compared to the rest of the league.
Well, that is the narrative right now, but more people are seeing the truth.

WRs, TEs and RBs that are open now dont get the ball. Greg Olsen last game pointed out clear to see that Parker was open on a 3rd down crossing route, but Parker did not get the ball until the DB had caught up to him resulting in another failed 3rd conversion. Its been the same story for 3 years.
and even if bill drafts a new QB. if he gives them the same OL and receivers they are going to be ruined and flame out. but Bill in his mind believes he does'nt need elite weapons or OL. He can just coach up jags.
No, the QB has to be good enough to make tight throws in single coverage.

Like the throws that Carr was making. Like the throws that Goff makes. Until we have that type of QB its going to be more losing.
If he wasn't "bill belichick" any other GM would've been fired for hiring a DC/special teams coach as an OC. and then hiring a bunch of jags off the scrap-heap at OC/WR this year when even the media could see it was going to be a major issue.
Patricia has been vindicated.

The Pats were not 1 - 4 last season. The 2022 Pats were 17th on offense. Today, the Pats are ranked 32nd. You see how people are seeing right through the BS?
unless Bill decides to take a step back and let some offensive guru come in re-design what we need in the draft/offensively I do not want Bill building the roster. Bill wants to build teams to run the ball, control the clock, and hold teams under 20 and win 20-15
Anything is better than 34 - nothing.
its how he's built the patriots since 2019. and at their best/ceiling they can win against the "sisters of the poor" but once they face a real NFL team or someone who can roll over their defense. they are done. and thats what we saw in 2019 with Brady(who won a superbowl the following year throwing 15 more td's), 2020 with Cam and now the last 3 years. the ceiling is a middling team with this roster building strategy. half a decade in, its not getting better.
Pats need a QB in round 1.

Its time to move up and take your guy.

You Team Mac folks vastly underrate just how bad the QB is. So, blame the other 10 guys.

Henry is no good. Gesicki stinks, Bourne is lousy, Parker is a bum.

The same as 2001. The Pats had nobody other that Terry Glenn to help Bledsoe. Then, a new QB started and won games with the same people that were not good enough for Bledsoe.

Well, that is the narrative right now, but more people are seeing the truth.

WRs, TEs and RBs that are open now dont get the ball. Greg Olsen last game pointed out clear to see that Parker was open on a 3rd down crossing route, but Parker did not get the ball until the DB had caught up to him resulting in another failed 3rd conversion. Its been the same story for 3 years.

No, the QB has to be good enough to make tight throws in single coverage.

Like the throws that Carr was making. Like the throws that Goff makes. Until we have that type of QB its going to be more losing.

Patricia has been vindicated.

The Pats were not 1 - 4 last season. The 2022 Pats were 17th on offense. Today, the Pats are ranked 32nd. You see how people are seeing right through the BS?

Anything is better than 34 - nothing.

Pats need a QB in round 1.

Its time to move up and take your guy.

Who said I'm a team Mac guy?

Why is it anytime someone points out the deficiencies in the roster it's "OMg YoU LoVE Mac JOnES"

I said nothing about Mac Jones in my post. And said nothing against drafting a QB high. I know it's hard to accept but two things can be true at once. Mac can be bad and the roster can be bad as well. Patricia has not been vindicated at all. And yes. Gesicki, Bourne and parker are all jags that stink. They are fine if we have a #1 receiver but not as #1 or even #2 options.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending the OL and receivers are just fine and replacing Mac will all of a sudden make our OL stop missing blocks and juju to stop running in quicksand is just delusion.

If we draft a rookie QB give him mediocre jags at receiver like parker/Bourne and an OL that is 32nd against the pass and rush and the expectation as you say is they have to "make tight throws" and decisions in less than 2 seconds" yes we will ruin him. Just like every other team with a garbage roster has ruined their young QB prospects.

if this was the dolphins or jets we would be laughing at them.

and this has nothing to do with Mac Jones. And nothing to do with drafting a new QB. Just that if the situation doesn't change don't expect different results. And unless bills roster building philosophy changes from 1990 football don't expect the roster to be built differently.

Last edited:
The people who wanted to see Brady succeed in Tampa were accused of not being fans of the team by the ******s around these parts (one of whom is now a Chiefs fan, I guess). So he’s turning that language on those people a bit, or so I would guess.

I don't understand how not caring about Bradys TD record when he was a Buc lessens your standing as a fan of the Patriots I guess. I know I didn't give a **** about it, not that I was actively rooting for it or anything

Shula was a **** in a *****y way, whereas Belichick is just kind of a general *******. I prefer Belichick personally by a lot. Your mileage may vary
An ******* to who? Players love him, Jim Brown said Belichick did more for black people than anyone he knows.
If you think the way he interacts with people trying to get him to give up information he feels is proprietary is who he is, my god, get out more.

I don't understand how not caring about Bradys TD record when he was a Buc lessens your standing as a fan of the Patriots I guess. I know I didn't give a **** about it, not that I was actively rooting for it or anything
I don’t either. Nor do I understand how caring about it lessens your standing as a Pats fan. Everybody needs to chill out with that. That’s small peepee energy.

I lose interest in every player when they leave BECAUSE I am a fan of the Patriots.

Last edited:
Really?

The last 2 drafts have been great. Guys like Judon and Henry have been top notch FA selections. The Pat's have always had great depth as well. The Pat's have never been in cap hell going on 24 years.

This coming draft is rumored to be QB rich. Give BB one last shot at fixing the Pats up for the future.
Belichick IS a top ten all time NFL coach. At least.

Given a chance to exercise his vastly superior experience and intuition, he can very easily and quickly pass Shula and maybe get another ring.

No they haven't; not by a damn sight.

No.
I'm sorry I know this sucks but, historically, things work out with Bill.

I think the main concern is time; do we really want him coaching when he's 80?

Who is he, Sam Snead?

Actually, Slammin' Sammy was still kicking a** beyond that.

(Bill O'Brien sucks. He's gotta go. He's exactly what everyone said Patricia was [but wasn't] last year.)

Really?

Only problem with giving him 'one more year' is at this current trajectory, they're in line to have a very high pick(s) and a lot of cap space. It's a pretty pivotal time for the franchise. It's a tough decision, but if the Krafts are leaning towards a fresh start, this off-season makes plenty of sense. If they let Bill give it another go, and it doesn't work, they're going have a lot invested in a bunch of players a new regime may not like.

I see the merit to both sides of the argument, but I think keeping Bill after this season (assuming they don't make a miraculous turnaround) means you're almost committing to another two or three years, especially if a new QB is taken.

I lose interest in every player when they BECAUSE I am a fan of the Patriots.
Basically. With the exception of maybe checking the box score for Cassel and Garoppolos stats when they left, for like, 4 games lol

An ******* to who? Players love him, Jim Brown said Belichick did more for black people than anyone he knows.
If you think the way he interacts with people trying to get him to give up information he feels is proprietary is who he is, my god, get out more.
Oh Bill's great. Doesn't mean he's not an *******. Two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Like I said, Shula was a **** in a way that I found unlikeable. Takes all kinds.

No they haven't; not by a damn sight.

No.
So true...the 2023 draft has been good, not great. The 2022 draft has been HORRIBLE

1. Cole Strange- has completely underwhelmed and injuries have delayed his progress
2. Thornton- on IR for first 4-6 weeks first 2 years with not much else to show for it. Absolutely huge mistake not to take Pickens
3. Marcus Jones- good punt returner when healthy, but has not proven he can be a reliable slot corner, extremely undersized
4. Jack Jones- suspended last year, gun charges this year, injured...lots of trouble
5. Pierre Strong- gone. traded for a sack of beans
6. Bailey Zappe- He just flat out sucks
7. Kevin Harris- practice squad
8. Sam Roberts- backup, has shown nothing special yet
9. Chasen Hines- cut
10. Steuber- practice squad fodder

2023:
1. Gonzalez- only draft pick past year that has shown in season elite potential
2. Keion White- lots of preseason hype, jury is still out...could be a keeper
3. Marte Mapu- preseason hype has not yet turned into regular season value...has not got much of a chance to play
4. Jake Andrews- bust territory so far
5. Chad Ryland- ridiculous trade up to get him...he has been a disappointment so far
6. Sow- JAG
7. Mafi- JAG
8. Boutte- ffs, how does he not know to get 2 toes in in the NFL
9. Baringer- best draft pick who is still playing
10. Douglas- good pick
11. Amber Speed- great name, OK on special teams...
12. Bolden- incomplete due to injury

I think BB deserves another season to see if he can start to turn things around. However, I think Mr. Kraft needs to take a hard look at player personnel procedures. My hope is BB would be willing to explore new ideas on how to improve the draft picks and free agency. If BB takes a hard line stance with Mr. Kraft, he may be out of a job.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back