PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman: Brady started the trash talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I think people somehow get a skewed view of Tom Brady,” Sherman said. “That he’s just a clean-cut guy that does everything right and never says a bad word to anyone. We know him to be otherwise.

“In that moment of him being himself, he said some things, and we returned the favor. Unfortunately, he apparently didn’t remember what he said. I’m sure also in those moments when he’s yelling at the ref, he’s just saying, ‘Good job. You’re doing a fantastic job. Keep it up.'”
Because Brady keeps it on the field. He doesn't act like a goof or talk **** once the final whistle goes. Is Sherman that stupid?

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I have no doubt that Brady talked trash and tried to drop a verbal turd on Sherman.

I also have no doubt that Sherman loves to hear himself talk and stir the pot.

This Super Bowl is going to be epic.

I'm pretty sure Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman came up to Brady to initiate the trash talking.

I wish the headlines were more about this instead of you know what...

“I think people somehow get a skewed view of Tom Brady,” Sherman said. “That he’s just a clean-cut guy that does everything right and never says a bad word to anyone. We know him to be otherwise.

That's funny, all I have to do is replace Tom Brady with Peyton Manning and that quote makes more sense. Yet Richard Sherman defends Manning? lol!

I'm pretty sure Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman came up to Brady to initiate the trash talking.

That's they way I remember this story. Thomas says something Brady, Brady responds, Thomas and Sherman both reply, but aren't happy that Brady 'talked trash.'

Actually, here's a link from after that game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...s-tom-brady-taunts-pats-u-104646336--nfl.html

I (Sherman) kept saying I'm going to get that next time. Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to [Brady]: 'Please keep trying me. I'm going to take it from you.' That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, 'Oh, I'll see you after game.' Well, I made sure I saw him after the game."

I was wrong and it wasn't Thomas who started it. Maybe in Sherman's head repeatedly going up to a QB and telling him you're going to pick him off isn't trash talk.

(Edit to add the link and quote)

Last edited:
I'm sure this is chicken **** child's play to the amount of trash talk that's going to come from the Seahawks on media day. This team is probably already pissed off as it is. I'm going to wait to see if they poke the bear and, if they do, I'm going to put a lot of money on the Patriots.

Man, I just wish the game could begin right now. I'm getting ridiculously pumped, lol.

Screw that punk Sherman. Can't stand the puke.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did tbh. Clearly he's in Sherman's head. Brady is like a calm collective version of Kevin Garnett. He ****s with you and then acts like he didn't even give a **** while you're over there still squawking.

That was back in 2012 and this fool is still holding a grudge," he said mean things to me " of course he did! and he should, the football field is a war zone.

Sherman vs. Revis, Sherman vs. Brady

so many story lines all overshadowed by that deflategate bs
It's depressing. National media has been absolutely unbearable this week :(

The first thing TB will say to them at the SB "Have fun tackling Gronk all day" (pats earl on shoulder and walks away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back