PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shannon Sharpe

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've always felt that Shannon Sharpe was not very bright. This morning I tuned into Sirius XM NFL Channel. I could not believe my ears: Shannon Sharpe said, regarding DeflateGate - 'why is it that the Patriots footballs deflated somewhat, and the Colts footballs actually inflated to 13.1 PSI'?

Why is somebody that stupid, and unaware of the facts, allowed to speak on the air? The worst part was, the talking head sitting with him, didn't correct him.

I've found that 99% of the "Brady is guilty" crowd repeat the false info leaked by the NFL, or like Sharpe, just crazy, way off-the-mark BS. Now all the fools listening in take his BS as fact. I can't stand that man!

Did anybody else hear this today?

After 4 months of time, he still hasn't gotten to that part of the Wells report that mentions the pressure of the Patriot and Colts footballs, as measured at halftime during the AFCC?
As so many others he only reads the headlines, and perpetuates the lies of his media colleagues.

Most people tend to just pick out the stuff that helps them and ignore what doesn't. It's just annoying when the fake info becomes the narrative

Why is somebody that stupid, and unaware of the facts, allowed to speak on the air? The worst part was, the talking head sitting with him, didn't correct him.

I don't think you understand the "talking head" process.

First, there is one requirement (that Shannon Sharpe meets) to be a talking head on TV (note: print media & radio don't require this): you've got to be a pretty boy, 99% consumed with your appearance. I was trying to pick out reporters in Phoenix during the week before SB 49. Between the $100 razor cut hair, the bleached teeth, the tanning booth sun tans, the $1000 suits, the perpetual insincere smiles, vapid looks & annoyance when you try to explain anything more complicated than long division, and smug "I appear on TV. On TV.! Do you get that? Who are you? Do you appear on TV?" self-adulation, they are incredibly easy to spot.

After your appearance eats up 99% of your attention, there just ain't that much left over for anything else. But, it's a Darwinian business. To all "reporters", there is only one unforgivable sin that will get you tossed off the air, radio or newspaper: being boring.

This is a business.
The business is "making money for the corporation".
Making money for the corporation means "ad revenue".
Ad revenue depends on "number of watchers".
Number of watchers goes in direct proportion to "sensational statements".
Sensational statements are the bread-and-butter of sports programming, political commentary, and (since the late '80s) news.

The ONLY people who get in front of a camera, and stay there, are "pretty boys who make sensational statements".

"The weather dunnit" just ain't sensational enough.
"The weather dunnit" is ... dare we say it ... boring.

Oh please, not this character again. He was a good player but an awful analyst /pundit. He needs to retire from TV for good.

I'm sure the nfl will be correcting him any minute now

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back