PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen Appreciation Thread

Italian Patriot

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The only rule is: write what you want about Shane but at the end of the post you MUST write 'LEGGOOOO'!!

varenne_particolare.jpg

images

Great performance Shane.

LEGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vereen had over 100 yards, one of the bright spots today.

Here are some great stats from Vereen's game:
21 touches (14 rush, 7 pass) for a total of 159 yards from scrimmage (101 rush, 58 pass).
Here's a better stat:
0 fumbles.

Amendola and Edelman will grab the headlines but it's Vereen who came through when our offense had no rhythm whatsoever. Belichick can keep Ridley benched for the year if Vereen keeps playing like this.

LEGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It took longer than I had expected, but he's turned into exactly the weapon that I saw when he was a draft prospect. So dangerous in so many ways. I'm really excited to see a lot of him this season.

It took longer than I had expected, but he's turned into exactly the weapon that I saw when he was a draft prospect. So dangerous in so many ways. I'm really excited to see a lot of him this season.

You and I both :rocker:

Here are some great stats from Vereen's game:
21 touches (14 rush, 7 pass) for a total of 159 yards from scrimmage (101 rush, 58 pass).
Here's a better stat:
0 fumbles.
Love this guy. Strong, good hands, finds the whole, gets outside.

And imagine if Brady hadn't screwed up that pass on the out and up route. Vereen probably would have had 100 yards receiving too ! I'm glad we have such a versatile back. He reminds me of Faulk, both Faulks for that matter (Kevin and Marshall).

I believe Vereen had the most rushing yards of any running back...

Who would have guessed that this morning?:rocker:

Comparisons with Faulk are apt. Like a young Faulk, he needs to be more reliable pass blocking. Looked like he missed that safety blitz who had a free run at The Franchise.

NEXT MAN UP...Wasn't pretty a win is a win....

I'm very happy with Vereen's play today, I am really looking foward to watching him more this seasion I think he could be a very big factor this year.

Comparisons with Faulk are apt. Like a young Faulk, he needs to be more reliable pass blocking. Looked like he missed that safety blitz who had a free run at The Franchise.

I believe Vereen was lined up on the other side and picked up another rusher. Unless he can split himself like an amoeba, no way he could block both guys coming from opposite sides of the rush.

I believe Vereen was lined up on the other side and picked up another rusher. Unless he can split himself like an amoeba, no way he could block both guys coming from opposite sides of the rush.

Nope. He was on the right side and ran a wheel route to the right. Blocked nobody.

Completely random stat:
Vereen is one of two players to have rushed for 100 yards so far in week 1, the other being Terrelle Pryor. That means no starting RB has rushed for 100 yards.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back