Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade for Trey Lance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In all fairness, Dallas honestly makes sense. Dak has been ass in camp and he’s the reason they didn’t leave San Fran with a win in the playoffs. For a fourth, it’s not a bad trade. See what he has and see if you can breathe some life into his career.

I have to confess I am confused by this. Surely the Cowboys are not planning on making him anything beyond their emergency QB so he has gone from being QB3 to QB3. I guess Dallas doesn't have the sigma SF had of how the acquired him...

And six Lombardi trophies say elite WRs are not necessary to win it all, possession/slot receivers will suffice.

Remember, Moss didn’t get to hoist a Lombardi. Deion Branch, Troy Brown, David Patten were good enough, cripes even Jabar Gaffney was. But everybody wants that elite WR or we‘re doomed.
This is such a delusional take. The less talent on offense you have the greater the QB needs to be. People talking about what Brady did so casually like it's repeatable or some sort of blue print will never stop being hilarious.

And six Lombardi trophies say elite WRs are not necessary to win it all, possession/slot receivers will suffice.

Remember, Moss didn’t get to hoist a Lombardi. Deion Branch, Troy Brown, David Patten were good enough, cripes even Jabar Gaffney was. But everybody wants that elite WR or we‘re doomed.
When you have the greatest QB of all time, you can make it work with good-but-not-great receivers. And you conveniently omitted the fact that for more than half of Brady's SB wins, he was throwing to the greatest TE of all time.

Meanwhile, when you have a good-but-not-great QB, it sure as **** helps to have stellar receivers instead of a crew which doesn't even crack the top 30 in the League.

This is such a delusional take. The less talent on offense you have the greater the QB needs to be. People talking about what Brady did so casually like it's repeatable or some sort of blue print will never stop being hilarious.
The difference between the WR’s from the past and the current group is that the WR’s from the past could actually get open when needed. The Pats WR’s since 2019 have been atrocious at getting open for the QB.

Zappe's performance in third preseason game vindicated my assessment of him as not an NFL QB and unworthy of a spot on the 53 man roster
Pats should have traded the fourth for Lance. O' Brien could have brought him along this year while learning under Mac and harvested his physical tools for the future when Mac leaves.
It would take vision, which BB and BoB do not have.

He was way too raw. I'd have interest in him as a gadget/trick QB.

Physical tools are pretty low on the list of skills for a NFL QB. Processing ability and pocket presence are far more important and really can't be taught at the NFL level. And he doesn't have those skills.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it interesting that the Bills were in play for Lance.

As an owner of the franchise how do you not burn the whole front office and staff to the ground. You could be going on a Brady farewell tour coming off 2-3 championships instead you traded 3 first round picks for a 4th round pick absolutely absurd

So the 49ers used three first round picks in 2021 to get get a fourth round pick in 2024. Lynch and Shanahan are playing chess while the rest of the league are playing checkers.

Until it's proven beyond all possible doubt that Trey isn't the next Mahomes, or even a Mahomes-Lite, teams will keep giving him a shot. As far as I can see Dallas already have a serviceable backup in Cooper Rush (5-1 as a starter) and so would expect Lance to have work on his plate to even take Cooper's slot. Part of me feels sympathy for Lance but as he has $5million guaranteed then even if he flames out completely, he's set for life thanks to the stupidity of the SF front office.

The Bills backup QB situation isn’t good so made sense they tried to upgrade. I read they tried to get Lance for a 5th.

Zappe's performance in third preseason game vindicated my assessment of him as not an NFL QB and unworthy of a spot on the 53 man roster
Pats should have traded the fourth for Lance. O' Brien could have brought him along this year while learning under Mac and harvested his physical tools for the future when Mac leaves.
It would take vision, which BB and BoB do not have.
Have to say I agree with this, but I would put the blame on BB not BoB, BB has a history of being afraid of making a move. This would’ve been a smart move by the Pats, especially for a 4th round pick. I don’t even know if the Pats were in on Lance, but since BB’s motto is, I do what I think is the best for the team, I’m not sure about that.

His continued moves NOT to do what is best for the team is the MAIN reason why this team is set up for another bad season. His continued failure to provide weapons for the tail end of Brady’s Pat’s career, and the beginning of Mac’s career, is why this team is mediocre. His continued ignoring of the WR and TE position as far as drafting key prospects is mind boggling, when we’ve seen several years of great WR drafts or TE drafts. When TJ Hockenson was available via a trade, and the Pats didn’t even try to get him, I was astounded.

John Lynch made an interesting comment, he said, and I’m paraphrasing, “The Cowboys really stepped up”. I read that as teams were only offering a 5th round pick or lower and the Cowboys came in with a 4th round pick. REALLY smart move by the Cowboys. Their offense is built around Dak Prescott, who is a mobile QB.

There is a history of many players who have struggled on one team and then succeeded elsewhere.

It really does. He needs to have a good year, and as I said last week, I also feel like he needs to have a couple of big moments this year. With so many questions beyond 2023, it would be really bad for everybody if quarterback became even more of a question mark again. Zappe's a good player, but this group looks better with both he and Mac as opposed to just him. That 5-of-16 performance Saturday before that 5-of-6 finish was concerning. He should have looked like more of a man among boys out there and he didn't. I get the line was bad, but even with terrible players, Brady certainly never looked like that, even going back to his own preseasons in 2000 and 2001.
Great take. I'll keep harping on this myself. Mac will have a solid season. The team will then be faced with picking up his option. If not then it's back in the draft, hoping and wishing upon a star as we've seen so many other franchises do over the years. Daniel jones as I've mentioned is all Mac and his reps have to look at to measure a contract going forward after this season. So this is just my humble opinion, and what I feel . Solid QB play commands a 40 million salary likely.

The Cowboys! Looks like they couldn’t keep Jerry away from the steering wheel forever.
Jones is a HOF owner so he must know what he's doing.

There is a history of many players who have struggled on one team and then succeeded elsewhere.
I'm not sure that QBs are in that category.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back