PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Steelers Quest for Perfection. What would you like to see happen?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want to see happen with the Steelers

• Lose a game ASAP

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose their first playoff game

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose in Super Bowl

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Go 19-0, just to shut up Mercury Morris and the rest of the 72 Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be honest, obviously I've known the Steelers have been undefeated but I never really considered a perfect season as a serious reality....until today.

At 11-0 while I still don't think it will happen it at least deserves to be discussed as a possibility.

Now, I can pretty sure guarantee that everyone here will NOT want to see the Steelers complete a 19-0 season with a Lombardi. They would be able to hold this over the Pats' fans forever. So we don't want that.

But................if you got to write this ideal script of how this plays out, what would you like to see happen?

1.) Steelers lose their next game. Want them to lose ASAP b/c 16-0 in itself is special even if we didn't get the dream ending. We don't to share this designation.

2.) Steelers go 16-0 but lose their first playoff game. Makes the 2007 Pats not look as bad as least they got to the Super Bowl.

3.) Steelers go 16-0 and lose in the Super Bowl. (misery loves company, we'd be able to commiserate together and having company wouldn't make it hurt so bad)

Is anyone actually worried that they might go 19-0? Honestly, I can't say that I am. I don't even look at them is that best team in the league (KC). I also think the Titans would be primed to win a rematch with them.

Curious to know your thoughts?

I'll be honest, obviously I've known the Steelers have been undefeated but I never really considered a perfect season as a serious reality....until today.

At 11-0 while I still don't think it will happen it at least deserves to be discussed as a possibility.

Now, I can pretty sure guarantee that everyone here will NOT want to see the Steelers complete a 19-0 season with a Lombardi. They would be able to hold this over the Pats' fans forever. So we don't want that.

But................if you got to write this ideal script of how this plays out, what would you like to see happen?

1.) Steelers lose their next game. Want them to lose ASAP b/c 16-0 in itself is special even if we didn't get the dream ending. We don't to share this designation.

2.) Steelers go 16-0 but lose their first playoff game. Makes the 2007 Pats not look as bad as least they got to the Super Bowl.

3.) Steelers go 16-0 and lose in the Super Bowl. (misery loves company, we'd be able to commiserate together and having company wouldn't make it hurt so bad)

Is anyone actually worried that they might go 19-0? Honestly, I can't say that I am. I don't even look at them is that best team in the league (KC). I also think the Titans would be primed to win a rematch with them.

I'm fine with them going 16-0. There will NEVER be a season with as big an asterisk as this one. Let them live with it for awhile.

I’d like to see them finish 11-5 or 12-4 with a victory over the Bills.

Do not really care, this year has been an anomaly and all records should be treated as such..

Did not think that there would be an NFL season due to COVID, but as we enter week 12 I was wrong..

If the Steelers go 16-0 good for them, to go 19-0 becomes exponentially more difficult..

We were 16-0. They can be 16-0*

* the obvious circumstances plus benefiting from one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. We had one of the hardest in 07.

Right, there is something to be said about the Covid year.....I just don’t know if it makes what they have done this year more impressive or less

after all i’m.m not sure there is any team that can match the late schedule changes they have had to deal with

The 2007 Patriots didn't win the SB. I don't have the same good feelings about them as some other posters. Give me the 2014 team, warts and all, over the 2007 any day. (not saying '14 was a better team, just saying the SB loss ruins the 2007 squad for me).

If they really did go 16-0 my hats off, regardless of ease of schedule or the covid year that is still a heck of a feat. Thats why i never had a problem with our banner, while I would rather go 8-8 and make a miracle title run, i still consider 16-0 more impressive an accomplishment than most actual sb champions. Fact is its ony been done once and I feel thats unlikely to change.

The fragility of sports fans never ceases to amaze me.
I'm rooting for 19-0 and a virtual parade just to see triggered meltdowns in real time

1607000187904.png

As so eloquently stated by Morgan Freeman in "The Shawshank Redemption":

tenor.gif

Right, there is something to be said about the Covid year.....I just don’t know if it makes what they have done this year more impressive or less

after all i’m.m not sure there is any team that can match the late schedule changes they have had to deal with

I don't think the Steelers record has anything to do with COVID. It has everything to do with being matched up against the NFCE and AFCS.

As so eloquently stated by Morgan Freeman in "The Shawshank Redemption":

tenor.gif
100% agreement.
eeb47319828e7024f25eaf7929987ece.jpg

They are a long way from done. The could easily drop the Bills, Colts and Browns games.

I don't think the Steelers record has anything to do with COVID. It has everything to do with being matched up against the NFCE and AFCS.
Was a factor yesterday. But yeah...

Pats beat something like 9 playoff teams in 2007. That's remarkable.

Shouldn't have won yesterday! Ravens defense played very good, offence couldn't score.

If they really did go 16-0 my hats off, regardless of ease of schedule or the covid year that is still a heck of a feat. Thats why i never had a problem with our banner, while I would rather go 8-8 and make a miracle title run, i still consider 16-0 more impressive an accomplishment than most actual sb champions. Fact is its ony been done once and I feel thats unlikely to change.

Yes, someone previously changed my perspective on this saying...………

Every year one team will be able to raise a championship banner.

Only one team has had the opportunity to raise a 16-0 banner.

Which do you find more impressive? Trust me, I still take the championship over 16-0, but it provided a different way of looking at it.

Honestly, Tomlin has done a heck of a job. The Steelers have been impacted the most with Covid and their schedule being turned upside down yet they keep winning. I really thought last year was Tomlin's best season as a HC getting the Steelers on the cusp of the playoffs with trash at the QB position. I don't mind them winning as long as they take out KC along the way.

Well every team in on equal ground so it is absurd saying it won't count. They will likely lose a game or 2 (Bill and or Browns) but going 16-0 is a real possibility

Honestly, Tomlin has done a heck of a job. The Steelers have been impacted the most with Covid and their schedule being turned upside down yet they keep winning. I really thought last year was Tomlin's best season as a HC getting the Steelers on the cusp of the playoffs with trash at the QB position. I don't mind them winning as long as they take out KC along the way.
That was my take on them too after last season. 8-8 against a tough schedule getting absolutely nothing from the QB position. Defense was excellent.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back