PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT/Humor: Mac Jones then and now

Mac has a “normal” NFL body for a QB now. Before he more resembled the Pillsbury dough boy.
Sonny Jurgensen is the Michelin Man next to Mac's Pillsbury Dough Boy. I'd settle for Mac being as good as Sonny.

THis is not a guy that looks like he's been lifting too many weights but is doing what he’s suppposed to be doing as a QB...he definitely looks more shredded than Tommy did in year 2

Last edited:
If Belichick is successful with Mac (e.g, 3 super bowls) it will be a big knock on Brady's legacy...
Nah they're both cemented and Tom has one without Bill so that can never be used against him.

Reactions: sb1
THis is not a guy that looks like he's been lifting too many weights but is doing what he’s suppposed to be doing as a QB...he definitely looks more shredded than Tommy did in year 2

Great sign hopefully he stays the course and no injuries

The QB weight lifter is not always a good way to go. Occasionally what they gain in strength they will lose in touch and accuracy.

I truly cannot recall a good NFL QB who was devoted to pumping iron.

We will see. Put your boots on because the BS is getting deep out here. Justin Fields is recieving all kinds of accolades. McDaniels is the Einstein of NFL offenses. Tua throws a better ball than Mahomes. Everybody is talking a big game.

Brady was the first one in the weight room every morning. It wasn’t until later in his career that he started to do plyometrics.

Jones has a wide frame and was gangly coming into the NFL. Much like Brady. Jones could easily add 20 lbs of muscle to his frame from last year and not affect his throwing range of motion. It is his range of motion that will affect his accuracy.

Virtually every QB is dedicated to lifting weights. There are different ways to lift that will produce different results. I am sure Jones isn’t working on maximum weight reps that tend to build up strength and bulk. That would be what linemen do. What Jones is probably doing Is low weight and higher reps types that will increase his strength, but not bulk him up. And Jones’ workouts are probably a mixture weights and plyometrics.

Brady was the first one in the weight room every morning. It wasn’t until later in his career that he started to do plyometrics.

Jones has a wide frame and was gangly coming into the NFL. Much like Brady. Jones could easily add 20 lbs of muscle to his frame from last year and not affect his throwing range of motion. It is his range of motion that will affect his accuracy.

Virtually every QB is dedicated to lifting weights. There are different ways to lift that will produce different results. I am sure Jones isn’t working on maximum weight reps that tend to build up strength and bulk. That would be what linemen do. What Jones is probably doing Is low weight and higher reps types that will increase his strength, but not bulk him up. And Jones’ workouts are probably a mixture weights and plyometrics.
I've never seen anyone claim that Brady was bulked up.

Frankly, successful NFL QBs look like they don't touch weights.

I'd give good odds that 25 years from now Brady will no longer be widely regarded as the GOAT. Don't know who *will* be the most likely GOAT, and some will still maintain that is Brady, but most folks will have moved on to a shinier candidate.
Interesting. You think a QB is going to win more than 7 rings in the salary cap era? I don’t see it. Brady has won more rings than the entire Pittsburgh Steelers organization.

If Belichick is successful with Mac (e.g, 3 super bowls) it will be a big knock on Brady's legacy...
It won’t do a thing to Brady’s legacy and let’s see Mac win 1 before we start talking about 3.

I think if Mac didn’t release that photo he would have gone a lot sooner than 15. Glad he did

It won’t do a thing to Brady’s legacy and let’s see Mac win 1 before we start talking about 3.

It absolutely will. If Bill can show that he can win multiple titles with two QBs, it's a much stronger argument that Bill is the reason for the team's success. You and the other Bucs fans have been saying for the past two years that Brady winning in Tampa is proof he was more important to the dynasty than Bill. So if Bill wins more without Brady, nothing changes about Brady's legacy here? LMAO

And we all know you aren't rooting for NE to win with Mac anyway.

^^^ This guy bringing Bill vs Tom BS into a Mac Jones thread, then complains to mods about Brady supporters. Fu*king idiot.

^^^ This guy bringing Bill vs Tom BS into a Mac Jones thread, then complains to mods about Brady supporters. Fu*king idiot.

^^^^^ This guy bringing politics into a Fourth of July Thread....then routinely complains about me derailing threads .

It absolutely will. If Bill can show that he can win multiple titles with two QBs, it's a much stronger argument that Bill is the reason for the team's success. You and the other Bucs fans have been saying for the past two years that Brady winning in Tampa is proof he was more important to the dynasty than Bill. So if Bill wins more without Brady, nothing changes about Brady's legacy here? LMAO
Not a Bucs fan and yes Brady was more important to the dynasty, Bill himself admitted it and conceded the point, its been proven, QED. The end.

Also the odds that Mac is winning even one title are not in his favor right now so let’s see if that happens first before we get into other scenarios. :)

Last edited:
Not a Bucs fan and yes Brady was more important to the dynasty, Bill himself admitted it and conceded the point, its been proven, QED. The end.

Also the odds that Mac is winning even one title are not in his favor right now so let’s see if that happens first before we get into other scenarios. :)

Yes you are.

And are you dumb? Bill didn't admit to any such such thing. What he said that he wouldn't have been as successful without Brady, and Brady called him the greatest coach in NFL history. Both basically acknowledged they needed each other for the dynasty.

Is Mac10's support for Mac Jones greater than his obsession with Tom Brady?

YES: 0%
NO: 31%
HE'S A MORON: 69%

Can't wait for the games to start

I've never seen anyone claim that Brady was bulked up.

Frankly, successful NFL QBs look like they don't touch weights.

Brady definitely bulked up a bit He was a skinny fat (or pudgy) man coming out of college.

And is Mac really bulked up? He is flexing in the OP, but I don’t think he is all that bigger than he was prior to the offseason. He is toner, but he isn’t jacked.

I have seen video and images of him working out this offseason and I am not seeing him really trying to bulk up. Someone posted a video of him working out with a landmine (a barbell attached to a rig where you lift the unattached end up and down). He only had 15 pounds on it. He was working on strengthening his throwing arm.

Justin Herbert is still far more muscular than Jones. Trevor Lawrence is pretty jacked. Jones just looks healthier and fitter than he used to be. His frame has can handle twenty pounds of muscles without getting jacked.

No one is going to look at Mac Jones in street clothes and say that dude is jacked. In fact, in his street clothes he still looks like he doesn’t touch weights.

I think Mac may make all those people who claimed he had a low ceiling eat their words.
He very well might do that. As pats fans thats the hope. So far though guys like me have been a lot more right about him than people saying things like "I think Mac may make all those people who claimed he had a low ceiling eat their words" ... So far Mac is exactly who I thought he was. Let's hope we see extraordinary this year.
I still never got how people could believe that Jones could never improve his physical skills all that much but believe guys like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance, who have incredible physical abilities but haven’t shown the football intelligence, could make massive jumps in the latter.
No one ever thought Jones couldnt improve his "physical skils" lol ... no need to make things up Rob. That goes on waaaay too often here. It's cool to have an opinion but even cooler if you're familiar with what you're talking about.

I'd be careful talking about FBI. I don't exactly learn anything or gain insight from your post. I don't think you even know what that begins to mean with respect.

Name me all of the successful QB's on the jete lately? Wilson was a fine prospect that went to one of the worst possible landing spots in the last 50 years. That matters more than people think.

As for Lance, he went to a SB contender that had an established QB. Nothing crazy about sitting the rookie with a "win now" team. SF is trading Jimmy asap when they can. I dont think Shanahan could stomach another season with Jimmy if his life depended on it.

Most reports had Lance picking up the playbook very quickly. As for his FBI and overall intelligence everything was positive wherever you look.

There a lot more players who fit that bill that follow Jeff George’s career path than the path Josh Allen is currently on.
This also goes both ways, son. I could list a bunch of names with academic accolades up the keester. That couldn't make it happen on the field. Wonderlic wonderboys that couldn't hold Jeff George's jockstrap.

I think it's tough for regular fans to talk about FBI. Most will look at a Wonderlic score or someone's wiki and make a "die on a hill" decision.

Carson Wentz, Josh Allen & Kirk Cousins all scored very good (Cousins) to great (Wentz had a 40 I believe and Allen just shy) and anyone familiar with at least Wentz & Cousins wouldn't call them "smart" in any sense of the word. I really can't put Allen in there with them even though there's a perception around him. The other two certainly aren't the sharpest knives in the draw though.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back