PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

I can't see Flores coming back to the Pats now. Kraft is too much of team player with the league to ever hire a guy who is suing multiple owners.

As much as I would think Bill and Kraft would take him back, you are probably right. Kraft is going to save his own bacon.

Man I know that feeling sending the wrong text to the wrong person.
Repeating an old story but relevant to the above point. Years ago on the ancient Patriots Mailing List in the 90s a member accidentally sent a post to the Pats mailing list that he intended to only send to a friend where he was comparing "services" in detail of a certain Mimi & Fifi in Thailand.
Hilarity ensued.
Made a chastened apology to the list.
About 6 weeks later repeated the mistake.
Gotta love us geezers on electronic media.

I hope Flores gets a chance somewhere...he may have to end up going to a college team and then coming back to the NFL once things cool down though. He really is an excellent coach. It's not his fault that the Dolphins owner forced him to draft Tua over Herbert...
His lawyers were right when they referenced the inappropriateness of the NFL immediately saying the suit had no merit. After taking months to investigate deflated footballs they immediately denied a charge of this magnitude without first investigating it. The NFL is circling the wagons. I wish BB would hire him for DC if he doesn't get a head coaching position and I didn't perceive him as a front runner in either place.

His lawyers were right when they referenced the inappropriateness of the NFL immediately saying the suit had no merit. After taking months to investigate deflated footballs they immediately denied a charge of this magnitude without first investigating it. The NFL is circling the wagons. I wish BB would hire him for DC if he doesn't get a head coaching position and I didn't perceive him as a front runner in either place.

eh, it's legal stuff...that's what lawyers always do when their client is accused of something. First thing to do is to deny. To not respond immediately with a denial would be tantamount to admitting guilt/liability. If Flores didn't sue and merely went to the press and said he was discriminated against, the league would probably launch some sort of investigation. But because the courts are involved now they have to deny.

FYI this is a timeline of what went down with the Giants

Jan. 11 (Tue) – Giants fire Joe Judge as head coach
Jan. 21 (Fri) – Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen hired as GM
Jan. 21 (Fri) – Bills OC Brian Daboll interviews with Schoen and Giants’ co-owners via teleconference
Jan. 22 (Sat) – Bills DC Leslie Frazier interviews via teleconference
Jan. 23 (Sun) – Bengals DC Lou Anarumo interviews via teleconference
Jan. 23 (Sun) – Daboll and Frazier’s Buffalo Bills eliminated from playoffs
Jan. 24 (Mon) – Cowboys DC Dan Quinn interviews in-person. Giants’ first in-person interview for the job.
Jan. 25 (Tue) – Brian Daboll receives second interview. Interview occurs in-person

*Brian Flores receives text messages from Bill Belichick congratulating him on becoming next Giants coach even though Flores has not had his interview yet. Belichick’s text messages were intended for Daboll.*

Jan. 26 (Wed) – Giants DC Patrick Graham interviews. Does not satisfy Rooney Rule since in-house candidate
Jan. 26 (Wed) – Ex-Dolphins HC Brian Flores has dinner with Schoen
Jan. 27 (Thu) – Brian Flores interviews (satisfies Rooney Rule because it is in-person with someone outside organization)
Jan. 27 (Thu) – Dan Quinn announces he is remaining as Cowboys DC
Jan. 28 (Fri) – Leslie Frazier gets second interview, this time in-person, also satisfying Rooney Rule
Jan. 28 (Fri) – Daboll hired as head coach

On Jan. 27, the New York Post’s Paul Schwartz listed Daboll and Flores as the top two favorites for the job, with Daboll in the lead. Daboll was announced as the team’s head coach late on Friday, Jan. 28.

eh, it's legal stuff...that's what lawyers always do when their client is accused of something. First thing to do is to deny. To not respond immediately with a denial would be tantamount to admitting guilt/liability. If Flores didn't sue and merely went to the press and said he was discriminated against, the league would probably launch some sort of investigation. But because the courts are involved now they have to deny.
While that's true, it would have been better to to cite their accomplishments (as they perceive them) and then make an assertion that they will fully investigate the allegations before responding.

While that's true, it would have been better to to cite their accomplishments (as they perceive them) and then make an assertion that they will fully investigate the allegations before responding.
NFL should FIRE their incompetent legal counsel.

Using the owner's own words against them...

Terrible optics: Whites front and center, Blacks on the outside looking in.

Can't CBS see the images they are projecting? Or maybe they do...

Maybe bad optics for the specific topic they're covering with Flores, but you can see a push in the opposite direction on a lot of networks (NFL Network, ESPN) where its almost entirely (or in some cases entirely) a black panel

Commercials etc have been doing it for awhile now

The lawyers seemed really confident and aggressive while Flores somewhat was apprehensive. Odd

God, I wish Shula was here for this

You don't seem to realize how this forum works.

I did quote tweet and respond to Carmelo.

Deus was free to then quote tweet my response to Carmelo by bringing up something totally irrelevant. I responded to Deus and that's what you read, but nowhere did I even say anything about Pederson.
I understand how the forum works.
You responded to a post about Pederson.

I understand how the forum works.
You responded to a post about Pederson.
It wasn't a post about Pederson. It was a response to my post about Belihcikc and Flores.

Learn how the forum works.

And if you want to discuss Pederson with him, go do it. I never did.

Jan. 21 (Fri) – Bills OC Brian Daboll interviews with Schoen and Giants’ co-owners via teleconference
Jan. 24 (Mon) – Cowboys DC Dan Quinn interviews in-person. Giants’ first in-person interview for the job.
Jan. 25 (Tue) – Brian Daboll receives second interview. Interview occurs in-person

*Brian Flores receives text messages from Bill Belichick congratulating him on becoming next Giants coach even though Flores has not had his interview yet. Belichick’s text messages were intended for Daboll.*

Jan. 26 (Wed) – Giants DC Patrick Graham interviews. Does not satisfy Rooney Rule since in-house candidate
Jan. 27 (Thu) – Brian Flores interviews (satisfies Rooney Rule because it is in-person with someone outside organization)
Jan. 28 (Fri) – Leslie Frazier gets second interview, this time in-person, also satisfying Rooney Rule

On Jan. 27, the New York Post’s Paul Schwartz listed Daboll and Flores as the top two favorites for the job, with Daboll in the lead. Daboll was announced as the team’s head coach late on Friday, Jan. 28.
So they satisfied the Rooney rule.

It wasn't a post about Pederson. It was a response to my post about Belihcikc and Flores.

Learn how the forum works.

And if you want to discuss Pederson with him, go do it. I never did.
Wow.
Your post saying I can’t believe you think he’s more qualified is posted as a reply to a post about pederson.
If you are referring to a different point then you need to quote the point you are referring to.
The least you can do is accept that the way you posted caused people to think you were speaking about pederson rather than act like it was correct.

The lawyers seemed really confident and aggressive while Flores somewhat was apprehensive. Odd
Prob paid by the hour as opposed to Feinstein and Forlizzi or Jimmy "neck brace" Sokolove who only get paid if the client does

one interesting point i havent seen pointed out from BB's text is the phrase "hope it works out if you want it to". assuming nothing diabolical planned by BB and it was a mistake text...whoever the source in NY was may have not been sure Daboll was 100% locked in (for whatever reason). so it would be prudent to continue the process with other candidates before the official hiring on the 28th

Is the $100K payment to lose games illegal, against league policy, or just a ****ty thing to do?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back