PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Brady to Retire? (UPDATE: RETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He better retire a Patriot!

• Interesting
Reactions: sb1
We’ll see.

If he does... and i didnt think this possible yet... hes only 44, not 45... I hope the bucs release him so he can sign a one day contract in New England.

Last edited:
If he does... and i didnt think this possible yet... hes only 44, not 45... I hope the bucs release him so he can sign a one day contract in New England.
So depressing to think this but I'm not sure that Brady wants to retire a patriot. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see him sign the one day deal but I think he also respects the bucs for what they did for him at the end of his career.

If he couldn't go out with a SB this was the second best way to go out. Coming so close to yet another epic comeback. I could see this game being in his retirement documentary in a big way. Going out like the GOAT he is.

If he couldn't go out with a SB this was the second best way to go out. Coming so close to yet another epic comeback. I could see this game being in his retirement documentary in a big way. Going out like the GOAT he is.
It was a pretty epic game.

Nope. Won’t believe it till I see it.

So depressing to think this but I'm not sure that Brady wants to retire a patriot. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see him sign the one day deal but I think he also respects the bucs for what they did for him at the end of his career.
Why wouldn’t he want to? From a legacy standpoint, he obviously did vastly more with New England than he did in two years in Tampa. From a brand standpoint, the Patriots are right there with the Cowboys for most valuable franchises. IMO he would be much better served aligning himself with New England from a marketing perspective. It’s not like you see Joe Montana referring to himself as a Chief much. Yes, Peyton definitely seems to consider himself a Bronco more than a Colt, but he was there for a while, he was more successful there, there might be some bad blood with Irsay, and the Broncos are a bigger franchise.

Why wouldn’t he want to? From a legacy standpoint, he obviously did vastly more with New England than he did in two years in Tampa. From a brand standpoint, the Patriots are right there with the Cowboys for most valuable franchises. IMO he would be much better served aligning himself with New England from a marketing perspective. It’s not like you see Joe Montana referring to himself as a Chief much. Yes, Peyton definitely seems to consider himself a Bronco more than a Colt, but he was there for a while, he was more successful there, there might be some bad blood with Irsay, and the Broncos are a bigger franchise.
Did Montana retire a 49er?

I am certainly hoping Brady does sign the one day deal.

Oh. LaCanfora is the source for this :D

Yeah. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Man just hearing that little snippet itself made me emotional .

Id be suprised if he did though, figured hed go one more year

Don't be silly there's 0 chance he doesn't retire a Patriot

Nope. Won’t believe it till I see it.
I have a theory.

Gisele knows goddamn well her marriage is doomed if Tom retires prematurely due to her wanting. Tom basically said it on Stern. If she busts his chops and he caves he'll be unbearable to live with and their lives would be hell. Shes banking on his fire dying or Tom no longer willing to put wood on it to keep it going. She needs him at peace.

Problem is that ain't happening. Because of that she is taking advantage of it. The woman is not dumb.

I believe Gisele is playing this PR game and Tom is in on it. She doesn't want to come off as the trophy wife bubble-head model let Tom do what he wants to do bimbo -but the strong Brazilian bad-ass who loves her her husband and their family so she is the one planting this Brady retirement crap. She pushes it out there for her brand and Tom goes along because he knows she needs it.

The reality is Gisele loves the limelight and lifestyle. So does Tom. So does his family.

Their brands are incredibly important to both of them. I think they are being genuine to themselves but they aren't compromising who they truly are as people. Gisele benefits from Tom's success. Her net worth has gone up $250m since she has been with Tom. That is no coincidence.

Like you said @sb1 .....He isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I have a theory.

Gisele knows goddamn well her marriage is doomed if Tom retires prematurely due to her wanting. Tom basically said it on Stern. If she busts his chops and he caves he'll be unbearable to live with and their lives would be hell. Shes banking on his fire dying or Tom no longer willing to put wood on it to keep it going. She needs him at peace.

Problem is that ain't happening. Because of that she is taking advantage of it. The woman is not dumb.

I believe Gisele is playing this PR game and Tom is in on it. She doesn't want to come off as the trophy wife bubble-head model let Tom do what he wants to do bimbo -but the strong Brazilian bad-ass who loves her her husband and their family so she is the one planting this Brady retirement crap. She pushes it out there for her brand and Tom goes along because he knows she needs it.

The reality is Gisele loves to limelight and lifestyle. So does Tom. So does his family.

Their brands are incredibly important to both of them. I think they are being genuine to themselves but they aren't compromising who they truly are as people. Gisele benefits from Tom's success. Her net worth has gone up $250m since she has been with Tom. That is no coincidence.

Like you said @sb1 .....He isn't going anywhere.

Brady does tend to make everything about him. A few years ago in the middle of the super bowl he ran an ad saying he wasn't going to retire. I mean it could have waited until after the super bowl but Brady had to insert his name into the game somehow even if he wasn't playing in it. We'll see whether LaConfora's story amounts to anything.

Gisele has waited long enough. But, let’s be clear : she can take care of herself both financially and romantically.

I wonder why so many fans care about the “retiring a patriot”. I wonder why any athlete does that one day thing. I loved all the winning, excitement, and intensity Brady brought to the team I cheer for. I don’t care about any of this peripheral crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes