PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Belichick has "zero reservations" about Greg Schiano

Thank you. This is helpful.

This situation make me sick.

One: If he did see something and didn't report it, thats bad.

Two: McQueary doesn't even have his goddamn story straight from almost 30 years ago and the result is a man is out of a job.

This aspect of his testimony should not have been on the record.

according to mcqueary schiano reported it to bradley:

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

So either Schiano did report it to someone, and nobody did anythng, or nothing ever happened.

in either case schiano failed pretty miserably as an NFL coach, and seems to be more of a drill sargeant that doesn't tend to last long as players tend to get sick of his ****.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
So either Schiano did report it to someone, and nobody did anythng, or nothing ever happened.

Those aren't the only possibilities by any means. McQueary was reporting a 30-year-old, 3rd-hand account that he admits to being fuzzy in his memory, on a topic that he has since learned vastly more about and been interrogated about on multiple occasions. That makes for wildly unreliable testimony. The circumstances are ideally tailored for the memory to conflate events, people, timelines, etc. In particular, decades after we hear a story we tend to remember the storyline much more clearly than who said it, and who it was about.

Just to be clear, I'm no apologist for the people in charge at Penn State -- the coverup was absolutely inexcusable. But there's really zero evidence that Schiano was a part of it.

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

in either case schiano failed pretty miserably as an NFL coach, and seems to be more of a drill sargeant that doesn't tend to last long as players tend to get sick of his ****.

Its a 3rd hand account and should never have been introduced into the hiring process.

Now we hear the U of TN AD was canned.

Tampa Bay is an NFL graveyard for NFL coaches.

Shiano kicked ass at Rutgers.

Without formal proof he was screwed.

Last edited:

Schiano is hardly the first college coach to fail in the NFL, nor will he be the last. He did a damn decent job at perennial-loser Rutgers and he'll probably get another chance somewhere eventually.

Those aren't the only possibilities by any means. McQueary was reporting a 30-year-old, 3rd-hand account that he admits to being fuzzy in his memory, on a topic that he has since learned vastly more about and been interrogated about on multiple occasions. That makes for wildly unreliable testimony. The circumstances are ideally tailored for the memory to conflate events, people, timelines, etc. In particular, decades after we hear a story we tend to remember the storyline much more clearly than who said it, and who it was about.

Just to be clear, I'm no apologist for the people in charge at Penn State -- the coverup was absolutely inexcusable. But there's really zero evidence that Schiano was a part of it.
I don't trust McQueary one bit. We know for a fact that that scumbag walked in an a man raping a boy and decided to report it to Joe Paterno.

Not the police, not the authorities, not child welfare. He told Joe Paterno and, in his mind, that relieved him of any further responsibility.

I was laughing my ass off the other day listening to Holley doing a phone interview with one of the Tennessee media members who initiated the witch-hunt against Schiano. This freaking hillbilly goober actually said that Tennessee would be pursuing John Gruden and others of his ilk as their coach and that Schiano, in addition to likely being a pedophile, wasn't nearly accomplished enough to coach the exalted Vols. Delusional...

I was laughing my ass off the other day listening to Holley doing a phone interview with one of the Tennessee media members who initiated the witch-hunt against Schiano. This freaking hillbilly goober actually said that Tennessee would be pursuing John Gruden and others of his ilk as their coach and that Schiano, in addition to likely being a pedophile, wasn't nearly accomplished enough to coach the exalted Vols. Delusional...
The head coach at NC State turned them down - they can’t give the job away. They need to stew in their humiliation.

The head coach at NC State turned them down - they can’t give the job away. They need to stew in their humiliation.
I don’t blame him for turning it down.

The student body has dreams of Jon Gruden. They need to figure out Gruden ain’t going.

They'll be lucky to get a High School coach for that job now.

That's fine.

Their fanbase thinks they're Notre Dame or Alabama - and coaches from Purdue and NC State are saying 'Nahh, I'm in a better situation here'. They've been jobbers in the SEC for 30+ years outside of the Reggie White/Tee Martin eras.

Stanley Morgan sent his kid to a different school to play. That tells me a lot.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back