PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT BB narrating show on D-Day on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryk

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has it already aired? Google says "on or around Memorial Day".

Did you see the whole thing or a trailer? I definitely want to watch and I'd be very sorry if I missed it.

I actually watched it. Not sure if it was the whole thing, or just the first part, but it was a hour show. It was very well done.

Big WW2 history buff here, and I got my 12 year old interested in WW2 history through video games several years ago (hey, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty were an easy entry way!:D)...I can't wait to watch this with him when it airs....my family has a keen interest in WW2 because I have uncles and grandparents that were on both sides

That's hilarious. Why is he talking about China?

I like how you can hear Brady laugh. I recognize that cackle anywhere.

It was part of two episode A football life on Bill Belichick and the 2009 season. I don't remember what he was talking about exactly but you'll be able to find it in there.

It was part of two episode A football life on Bill Belichick and the 2009 season. I don't remember what he was talking about exactly but you'll be able to find it in there.

Thanks. Yeah I remember watching that when it first came out but forgot about the China part.

That documentary should be required watching for anyone who says Belichick doesn't have a personality or 'never talks to the media' or whatever the generalization is. It's a shame that that stuff gets repeated so much that it's become accepted truth when in reality it's just the opposite, if you don't look at things on a purely superficial level (or post-game press conferences).

Any news on when this will air in the Boston area?

Recent broadcast times for this episode: (show all)

on Mon, May 29 at 7:00 P.M.
on Tue, May 30 at 12:00 A.M.
on Tue, May 30 at 8:00 A.M.
on Tue, May 30 at 2:00 P.M.
on Thu, Jun 1 at 8:00 P.M.
on Sun, Jun 4 at 4:00 A.M. on
world_icon.png

WORLD is a WGBH Boston PBS station carried on Comcast

It's also on at 430pm Sunday 5/28 on some other PBS stations...

" You have that line and you have to trust that line, you have 5 beaches, they all have to do what they're supposed to do, and we did some things well and some of those battles, you know, we'd like to have some of them back. I think we did a pretty good job, I think Utah and Omaha were pretty good out there, really brought a lot of pressure and got to St. Maire Eglise, then on the other side of our line I can't say enough about Sword, Gold and Juneau... "

"Look, anytime you invade a continent weather will be in play, was it good weather, was it bad weather, every invasion there's weather. They have to fight in the same weather as us. Anytime you're dealing with Erwin Rommel on the other side and he's been training in the Sahara, then they had guys that've been in Russia in the winter, they, you know, they understand weather."

"No I have no comment on our aerial reconnaissance I think the tape speaks for itself and I have absolute faith in that operation... No, I don't want to, the League offices are looking into First Army Group and the Pas de Calais. We're on to Berlin. We're on to Berlin. We're on to Berlin."

^ busted a gut laughing at the weather paragraph.

I'm boarding a plane to Paris right now, going to visit the Normandy beaches. Bucket list trip!

Went to Omaha Beach and the cemetery two years ago. Standing on that beach you realize that the men were sitting ducks coming in. Ave atque vale to those who died there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back