PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeding Play

Hey, maybe the Heat have a chance to beat the Lakers. No one thought they would be much of anything this year, and they’ve pretty much waltzed through the Eastern conference. You never know.

Hey, maybe the Heat have a chance to beat the Lakers. No one thought they would be much of anything this year, and they’ve pretty much waltzed through the Eastern conference. You never know.
Maybe a game. Two, tops. But nobody is beating the Lakers this year. I’d love to be wrong, though.

I just don’t see any way that Bam isn’t abused like a Sicilian housewife by Davis.

the Lakers also start Dwight Howard......so you're probably talking a Howard/Adenayo matchup and a Davis/Crowder matchup, James/Butler, Green/Robinson, and Caldwell-Pope/Dragic.....then they'll send Caruso/Rondo in to take Herro out of his game, and then Kuzma, McGee, and Morris to grind down the rest.......size is an issue

I always look at it at it this way, get a series to game seven. Anything can happen then is a cliché, but it is true. So it’s how can they win three games apart from that? You steal the first one, you get somebody go off in some other game, and win another one in some weird way. Just sayin’

LeBron could also get hurt and miss the series. Hell, look at Hayward he gets hurt all the time.

Halfway through the 3rd quarter of game 1 and the heat already look like they want to go home

Butler injured, Adebayo injured, Dragic with a torn plantar fascia. It’s OVA.

Last edited:
Cinderella team turns into pumpkin at midnite
If healthy heading into game 2, I’d actually suggest to Spo that he should double Davis and not LeBron. But it doesn’t matter now.

If healthy heading into game 2, I’d actually suggest to Spo that he should double Davis and not LeBron. But it doesn’t matter now.

the heat are designed to out physical the 3 and D teams of the day......the problem is that they don’t have a 3 and D speed, so all that’s left is size.....even adebayo looks small out there

the heat are designed to out physical the 3 and D teams of the day......the problem is that they don’t have a 3 and D speed, so all that’s left is size.....even adebayo looks small out there
He’ll rotate back to F once Davis ends up in South Beach next season.

He’ll rotate back to F once Davis ends up in South Beach next season.

not a given, and Davis doesn't want to play the 5.......besdies, it's not like Davis took a team very far without LeBron

not a given, and Davis doesn't want to play the 5.......besdies, it's not like Davis took a team very far without LeBron
LeBron hasn’t taken a team very far without primo talent either. They missed the playoffs outright last season. Works both ways. That team is basically those two guys and that’s about it. The Heat’s roster, with Davis added, is also more talented than any team he played with in N.O. I think it’ll be between us and LA.

Wow, this sucks. Second year in a row that one Finals team gets decimated by injuries during the series, making it a JV vs Varsity battle.

Lakers will have played Portland (sub 500), Houston, Denver, and Miami (JV). Wow.

LeBron hasn’t taken a team very far without primo talent either. They missed the playoffs outright last season. Works both ways. That team is basically those two guys and that’s about it. The Heat’s roster, with Davis added, is also more talented than any team he played with in N.O. I think it’ll be between us and LA.

NOP had some pretty good players to go with Davis .... boogie Cousins, Holiday, Rondo, Mirotic .... I think Heat success has more to do with coaching .... on top of that, Dragic, Crowder, Iguodala are all FA's beyond that, it is questionable to say that the Heat are more talented than any team he played on in NO.

See, guys can always get hurt, so you never know.

This is not really what I meant though, #!%* injury gods.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back