PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeding Play

Big win. Celtics are just better. Feeling good if we ended up advancing to face the Heat. They are a good team and red hot but overall I think the matchup is more favorable than going against the Bucks.

Don’t be mad.....be glad
Oh, I’m not mad. This season altogether has been a very pleasant surprise for me. I just dislike Philly sports in general, so any suffering they go through (particularly the kind that’s self-inflicted) is glorious.

Big win. Celtics are just better. Feeling good if we ended up advancing to face the Heat. They are a good team and red hot but overall I think the matchup is more favorable than going against the Bucks.
I don’t think we’re the more favorable match-up at all. Milwaukee is Giannis and that’s about it. That said, I’d have Boston winning the series. I think we could beat down Toronto. Boston is quicker on close-outs and you have a few guys who can guard Jimmy one-on-one. You take him out of the game and we don’t have as many possibilities for open 3s. Herro will eventually be an All Star, IMO, but he’s not there yet. He still needs to grow up and I see a series against the Celtics as being a humbling experience for him.

I don’t think we’re the more favorable match-up at all. Milwaukee is Giannis and that’s about it. That said, I’d have Boston winning the series. I think we could beat down Toronto. Boston is quicker on close-outs and you have a few guys who can guard Jimmy one-on-one. You take him out of the game and we don’t have as many possibilities for open 3s. Herro will eventually be an All Star, IMO, but he’s not there yet. He still needs to grow up and I see a series against the Celtics as being a humbling experience for him.
Giannis would completely abuse our bigs. Just eyeballing how we’ve played against both my confidence level when we go up against the Bucks is pretty low. I think BOS/MIA is a tight 6-7 game series assuming both teams advance.

Giannis would completely abuse our bigs. Just eyeballing how we’ve played against both my confidence level when we go up against the Bucks is pretty low. I think BOS/MIA is a tight 6-7 game series assuming both teams advance.
Even if he would have abused your bigs, which is debatable in the first place, he’s injured and gimpy. With or without him, they don’t have the firepower to make it a series with Boston. We do.

Even if he would have abused your bigs, which is debatable in the first place, he’s injured and gimpy. With or without him, they don’t have the firepower to make it a series with Boston. We do.

if the current series close out today and tomorrow, I think the ECF is going to get some time off until the WCSF are done......the Heat have done very well.....the model I would like to believe is the one where the C's make Robinson play defense......anyone he would cover will be able to post him and abuse him inside

the 2 big things to me will be the heat matching up against the celtics wings and getting open looks beyond the arc.......gonna be fun

Giannis officially ruled out. Let’s put this team out of their misery and move on to the ECF, boys.

Giannis officially ruled out. Let’s put this team out of their misery and move on to the ECF, boys.

Celtics-Heat would be very exciting.

Both fanbases happy just to be there but both teams capable of winning it all, too. Honestly as a casual fan I had no idea Miami was even a real threat, just based on the star power factor. Butler is a really good player but I thought they‘d be overmatched by Giannis and co. Good for them - always like to see dogs win, especially in the NBA playoffs. Unless it’s the Lakers or LeBron..or now, both of those in one.

Celtics-Heat would be very exciting.

Both fanbases happy just to be there but both teams capable of winning it all, too. Honestly as a casual fan I had no idea Miami was even a real threat, just based on the star power factor. Butler is a really good player but I thought they‘d be overmatched by Giannis and co. Good for them - always like to see dogs win, especially in the NBA playoffs. Unless it’s the Lakers or LeBron..or now, both of those in one.
The B(f)ucks have actually played better without Giannis. That’s mind blowing. Their ball movement is so much better and harder to defend. We’re going to have a war on our hands tonight, I think.

DiVincenzo, go grab the gabagool.

I respect the hell out of the rest of this Bucks team. They’re going down, but they’re fighting and hustling.

See y’all in the ECF.

With Milwaukee out, this is a championship window. Miami is a tough team, but Boston should have enough talent to overcome them. I won't say if Boston can beat either LA teams, but a Finals appearance should be within reach.

Bucks had the opportunity to win yesterday on a relatively off night from the Heat. Eric Bledsoe is such trash. Anyhow the Heat are a damn good team and will be a tough out if the Celtics can finish the job against the Raptors. Would feel more comfortable if Hayward were available.

the celtics have to win for that to happen. it would not surprise me if they lost in 7.
If Ibaka is ruled out tonight this is absolutely the Celtics one to lose.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back