PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secret playmaker waiting to be unleashed?

Damn it is a cursed number for us.
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

Because of the cancellation of many schools' pro days, this is all I could find about any testing #s for him:

Not bad, especially at his size; however... If we're carrying a 3rd TE, then he's gotta be able to block better than the other two dudes, and I don't know if he's capable yet of doing that, considering he's still kinda growing into that position...

He would be more like the Joker position more so than a traditional in line tight end.

Because of the cancellation of many schools' pro days, this is all I could find about any testing #s for him:

Not bad, especially at his size; however... If we're carrying a 3rd TE, then he's gotta be able to block better than the other two dudes, and I don't know if he's capable yet of doing that, considering he's still kinda growing into that position...

Nice find. I was wondering about why they didn't grab a TE in this draft. MAYBE they like Scotty better and he's had a year to develop on the PS already. When I googled him, I saw one listing that had him at 247, not 227. If he's added 20lbs of muscle and kept most of his quickness and speed, he COULD have a shot.

I didn't even know he wa on the roster. I saw Zapp'a clip and was thinking this is a guy who would be worth a shot, not know he was here already. His RAS is off the charts, so we know the athleticism is there. Now it will be up to BOB to make him into a productive FOOTBALL player. His college highlights were impressive, but nearly everyone's "highlights: look good

Nice find. I didn't even know he was on the roster. I'll make sure to give him a long look down at TC now. COULD be the reason the Pats passed on the current TE class. Maybe they thought they had their developmental guy already (I hope).

BTW- on the clip you put up, the background music was so loud it drowned out the commentary

He would be more like the Joker position more so than a traditional in line tight end.

Understood; but if we're keeping three TEs, then that 3rd dude has to provide blocking Superior to that of the first two.

Nice find. I was wondering about why they didn't grab a TE in this draft. MAYBE they like Scotty better and he's had a year to develop on the PS already.
I still would've taken my chances with the other Washington - Darnell - at #76 in this draft... The dude's his own two-man wedge.

When I googled him, I saw one listing that had him at 247, not 227. If he's added 20lbs of muscle and kept most of his quickness and speed, he COULD have a shot.
If he's in the 240s now, that should be enough to get him started on working the routes that Double-H & Gesicki run; then the coaches can see how he compares to them under identical circumstances...

I didn't even know he wa on the roster. I saw Zapp'a clip and was thinking this is a guy who would be worth a shot, not know he was here already. His RAS is off the charts, so we know the athleticism is there. Now it will be up to BOB to make him into a productive FOOTBALL player. His college highlights were impressive, but nearly everyone's "highlights: look good

Yep; and he has to show that he can play more than two NFL games in a row without hitting the tub, a problem he occasionally had in college too.

Nice find. I didn't even know he was on the roster. I'll make sure to give him a long look down at TC now. COULD be the reason the Pats passed on the current TE class. Maybe they thought they had their developmental guy already (I hope).

BTW- on the clip you put up, the background music was so loud it drowned out the commentary

I didn't hear any commentary at all...

I didn't hear any commentary at all...
It was there under the background music. I could almost here the drill times at his pro day in 2020. The commentator (who seems to be a Pats fan in the clip you found gives those times (4.4 Forty - 6.9 3-cone - 10+ broad jump - and a 4.1 shuttle IIRC) And a RAS score of 9.9. All elite numbers, but as we know, just numbers unless it translates into production on the field

Still its enough to HOPE that they can develop him. I guess we poached him from the Bengals PS last year so they must have seen SOMETHNG they liked to have kept him this year, and by inference, not draft a TE when they had multiple chances to get DWashington late in the draft.

BTW- did they ever give a reason WHY Darnell dropped so far?

It was there under the background music. I could almost here the drill times at his pro day in 2020. The commentator (who seems to be a Pats fan in the clip you found gives those times (4.4 Forty - 6.9 3-cone - 10+ broad jump - and a 4.1 shuttle IIRC) And a RAS score of 9.9. All elite numbers, but as we know, just numbers unless it translates into production on the field

Still its enough to HOPE that they can develop him. I guess we poached him from the Bengals PS last year so they must have seen SOMETHNG they liked to have kept him this year, and by inference, not draft a TE when they had multiple chances to get DWashington late in the draft.

He suffered several knee, ankle & foot injuries during his tenure at Georgia.

He suffered several knee, ankle & foot injuries during his tenure at Georgia.

Yeah he had a foot injury the previous two springs, and a knee issue was discovered during his combine medical exam; don't know if it's the same leg as his previous foot injury was... If it's something loose, those things can usually be cleaned-up with arthroscopic surgery & 6-8 weeks of recovery.

I still would've taken my chances with him at 76, never mind 93.

Yeah he had a foot injury the previous two springs, and a knee issue was discovered during his combine medical exam; don't know if it's the same leg as his previous foot injury was... If it's something loose, those things can usually be cleaned-up with arthroscopic surgery & 6-8 weeks of recovery.

I still would've taken my chances with him at 76, never mind 93.

All kinds of injuries. We have done this before. Tub guys are tub guys. Pass.

Was just havin some fun with the 17 thing (he does need to get a new number though)... I gotta say he had a great snag last year... I do hope he works out...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back