PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Taylor Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly sad news to me...

Now and at the hour of his death immaculate heart of Mary pray for him. Rest in peace Sean. May God be with you and your family in this tragic time. And may God be with those whom search to bring his killer to justice. God bless.

Awful, just awful. I am sick of all the stupid violence in the world. Enough already.

There is a fan vigil at Redskin park tonight. I thought this was a very powerful and sad picture from it:

fa5f5823109bd9f4c421678f349e3e37-getty-78087183wm025_washington_re.jpg

Last edited:
Incredibly sad to hear, the guy was so young.

This idea is pretty cool, though :

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...taylor-by-using-only-10-players-on-games-fir/

"Although this is nothing more than an unconfirmed rumor at the moment, sources in Washington have informed me that coach Joe Gibbs and the Buffalo Bills have been working on a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the Redskins to honor their fallen teammate on the first play of the game.

From what I understand, Washington would line up with 10 defensive players, minus the free safety, and the Bills would simply run the ball."

How absolutely terrible. I feel sick. Poor guy, poor family.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...taylor-by-using-only-10-players-on-games-fir/

"Although this is nothing more than an unconfirmed rumor at the moment, sources in Washington have informed me that coach Joe Gibbs and the Buffalo Bills have been working on a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the Redskins to honor their fallen teammate on the first play of the game.

From what I understand, Washington would line up with 10 defensive players, minus the free safety, and the Bills would simply run the ball."
That would be great. I like that tribute.

3rd time i've cried for a player this year. This world is corrupt..greed, jealousy, guns, drugs, money.

how a changed man can be targeted is beyond me. how a man can sneak into someones house and murder a man is beyond me. thats coward. you want a piece of someone, use your fists or brain..but guns and weapons are a sign of a coward.

do people realize that a child needs his/her father? a wife needs support from her man? the parents of the child are happy to have raised a fine man ? ..and now..its all gone. 24 years, 3 years of a changed man and yet, hes a target.

Sean Taylor has always been my favorite player. Since he arrived at Miami..i've watched this animal. Talk about a freak..230 pounder with 4.4 speed ballhawker and huge hitter. He was exciting to watch..perhaps the greatest safety in college football and gradually working his way up to being 1 of the best in NFL History. He had his ups and downs, he had his breakout year this year with more to come at only 24 years old. I love Sean Taylor. Because of him, i wore #26 during football, his college #. He inspired me and made me have adrenaline rushes when i watched him play.

Dont ever confuse his issues with a man like Pacman. This man tried to change and did it quickly. He was a quiet man with a huge heart and passionate about everything. He was insecure in the league when he came in..he didnt open up..he was a bad ass. Then..last few years, he quieted down while maintaining his gameplay ability, opened up to teammates, matured for his sake and his family's. He knew what it meant to be a father and he did what a grown man was supposed to do. He transitioned from a boy to a man after a couple seasons in NFL.

The Buffalo Bills are in for a rude awakening. Their players up to this point seemed to play for the paycheck when things got bad..not Sean. Now they see what it means to lose it all and will bust their ass off this weekend. Clinton Portis, my favorite RB, is wearing #21 and he will carry the spirit of Sean Taylor. He will run wild and leave it all on the field like Sean Taylor did. He was probably the most hurt by this and ton of respect goes out to Portis who is honoring a friend, a teammate, a brother and a father. Instead of the Redskins having their heads down and keeping it on their minds Sunday, they should think about what Sean would do. Would he feel sorry or would he take it out on the other team? Exactly. Washington Redskins. Please put it all on the line with Clinton Portis and the soul of Sean Taylor watching over you on the field.

I love you Sean Taylor, i know your in a better place and it hurts so much knowing your gone. I've cried, I've punched stuff in anger and I let my emotions get the best of me today at certain times. R.I.P Defensive Player of the Year, All Pro, a great person and player, Sean Taylor. Forever in my heart, 11/27/2007

im from the miami area and ive followed sean ever since the guilver prep days when he was running back 70 yard kickoff returns..i feel sick to my stomach..its sad when anybody dies, but i feel like i knew the guy..RIP SEAN TAYLOR, you will be truly missed.

Terrible idea, makes no sense and I hope it doesn't happen. The Redskins' best tribute is to play the game as it's always played in his honor and dedicate the rest of the season in his memory. For everyone else, the leaguewide moment of silence is appropriate.

Terrible idea, makes no sense and I hope it doesn't happen. The Redskins' best tribute is to play the game as it's always played in his honor and dedicate the rest of the season in his memory. For everyone else, the leaguewide moment of silence is appropriate.

Why is it a terrible idea? Its along the lines of the Missing Man formation that the Air Force and Navy use to honor a pilot lost.

I think its a great idea, but also think that dedicating the rest of the season to his memory is appropriate as well.

Taylor marks the 4th player under 25 to have lost their life this year and the second, I believe to have left a child under age 1 behind. The other three deaths were Darrant Williams and Damien Nash of the Broncos and our own Marquise Hill. Its sad when someone so young loses a life. Its even sadder when you realize that their child will grow up without a father.

Why is it a terrible idea? Its along the lines of the Missing Man formation that the Air Force and Navy use to honor a pilot lost.

I think its a great idea, but also think that dedicating the rest of the season to his memory is appropriate as well.

I think it's a great idea too. Very touching. I'd love to see it happen.

Last edited:
Sean Taylor has always been my favorite player. Since he arrived at Miami..i've watched this animal. Talk about a freak..230 pounder with 4.4 speed ballhawker and huge hitter. He was exciting to watch..perhaps the greatest safety in college football and gradually working his way up to being 1 of the best in NFL History. He had his ups and downs, he had his breakout year this year with more to come at only 24 years old. I love Sean Taylor. Because of him, i wore #26 during football, his college #. He inspired me and made me have adrenaline rushes when i watched him play.

This, and the rest of your post - great tribute.

Taylor marks the 4th player under 25 to have lost their life this year and the second, I believe to have left a child under age 1 behind. The other three deaths were Darrant Williams and Damien Nash of the Broncos and our own Marquise Hill. Its sad when someone so young loses a life. Its even sadder when you realize that their child will grow up without a father.

It's a terrible idea because it messes with the integrity of the game in that it would put Buffalo at a big disadvantage even if for only one play. Had Taylor played quarterback, what would you do then? If the Redskins want to make the symbolic gesture of putting 10 men on the field then that's their business, but the other team shouldn't have to give up a play because of it.

None of what I'm pointing out here should be construed as minimizing the obvious tragedy and sadness of Taylor's murder, but comparing this idea to the Air Force/Navy missing man formation is silly. They wouldn't go into combat asking the enemy to go along with it for one flyby. There will be a moment of silence for Taylor at every NFL stadium this weekend. Why isn't honoring the man's memory off the field enough?

Last edited:
One of the most promising safeties in NFL has passed away so very sad :(

All the best wishes to his family and friends

RIP Sean !!!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of that Missing Man formation either. If they want to line up before the game and do that, fine. I think it's stupid to do it during the actual game though. But if the coaches agree on it, so be it. If they do agree to it, Losman should run a play-action pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST