PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks Wanted Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently after we picked him their draft room became "deflated" and they traded down.

YOU MAD BRO? :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...awks-traded-down-after-patriots-picked-easley

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko May 8
#Seahawks were all over Easley at #32 .. noway #Patriots could have traded out. Dan Quinn is Easley's mentor

Easley was NOT getting out of the 1st Round. I thought Seattle might have leapfrogged NE.. Seattle was taking him at 32

Just got it confirmed to me "Seattle got their guy stolen from them" "They packed up shop after that pick".

Sure we lost a few also ... but this does not surprise me ... he totally fits in with their current defense.

Hey guys i heard from a friend of a friend bout Dominique's practices and training. I will have tape to post soon. Put simple he is a freak. Benched 31 reps coming into last season. Beat lb"s in sprints several times. Does a complete split. In practices is known for jacking olineman off the ground. Nearly knocks lineman to the ground with one swipe or punch. Bryant young said he has the quickest hands he has ever seen for a dt in interview. Right now Dominique bis upset he hasn't been able to work his legs and ankles or lower legs and is frustrated at weight and bulk he has lost. He is big on nutrition aspect to add muscle and targets to play between 295-300 but doesn't wanna over bulk n risk losing quickness. In interviews coaches and trainers said Donald or no other DT in college is in his league as a specimen. He he a natural beast who still works hard in training room and various flexibility/conditioning techniques. Health is believed to be only thing keeping him from challenging top DT spot in the NFL. One knock his most of his training is it being an athletic freak. He needs to focus more on technique in the trenches and tackling. But i think our coaching staff will fix that.
Seattle was set to draft him and wanted him badly. From what what I heard they would have leapfrogged bus had they any idea. They knew several teams were looking to trade up early in second round if he were available. But patriots wasted no time putting the ticket in. By time they caught wind of patriot drool it was to late. Denver or sf was on the clock.
I have hopes for Dom n I agree with calculated risk. I just think a true playmaking talent at wr was so critical. I love marquise Lee IMHO he is a future superstar who will strike fear in defenses. Reminds me of Isaac Bruce a lot.

I don't mind drafting a player the Seahawks like. Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind having a couple Seattle defenders on the team either (or people with those same capabilities). But, I have no idea how they would work in our scheme.

Truly elite talent thrives in any scheme. T.O. is an example. Some corners better at man some at zone. Sometimes a very good player makes a pro bowl due to talent around him such as a guard in a zone scheme. But u take an athletic quick powerful guard he can thrive in zone or power. Carl nicks comes to mind. While I was recovering from my broken ankle from a car wreck I had nothing to do but study talent in march/April 08. I loved Carl nicks n actually wrote a letter to pats front office scouting director to notice nicks n how great a guard or rt he would be. Actually it was he and Mario manningham. I'm off track now. The point I'm getting at is scheme fits r blown out of proportion except man n zone skills 4 corners and online. Watt is clearly meant 2b a 4-3 end but kicks ass still. Also I think a scheme should b versatile like a player to better use the talent u have access to. Is it just me or does the Texans personnel scream 4-3. Ocho not understanding the system is bs, total bs. He was nearly 34 and declined. It showed b4 he even came here. He never caught caught onto the scheme because he no longer could perform his position that he was intended to do in the scheme. They don't talk to us like adults. They don't say ocho stinks now n is to slow to do it any more. You can bet they say that among Each other,they meaning scouts,trainers coaches when there are no cameras. But they talk to us diplomatically and in codes. Be realistic ocho isn't dumb by far. Lloyd wasn't very smart,he got the system when called upon. He was declining but not completely. Part of reason he never broke out til late in his career was his inability to out think dB's on the fly. Ocho never caught on to any scheme at 34/35. Scheme fit can sometimes b overblown. Schemes should b versatile as any player. If Calvin Johnson or JJ way can't fit your scheme, something is wrong with your scheme n it needs to b adjusted.

Easley on that defense would have been terrifying.

Hopefully he'll be terrifying on ours instead.

Easley if healthy will make our Defense as dominant as theirs. We have never had anything like that b4. Explosive, powerful, agile. At my gym many former division 1 players train yr around preparing for tryouts each year. Sometimes I see some android video of college freaks practicing,lifting, n training. Found out couple weeks ago his video was flashed around. All the former players are wide eyed amazed at his freakish talent. More so than clowneys. He has tourqed lineman off the ground and swatted them aside like fly's. He was routinely double blocked n some coaches said he has the quickest hands ever seen on a DT. He is bummed right now due to not being able to train his legs all yr n his weight dipped to 285-290. Especially weight lost in his legs. He likes playing 295-300. But he hits the weights n will get it back by September/october. His agility n flexibility is far beyond donald n what really sets them apart.

Easley on that defense would have been terrifying.

Hopefully he'll be terrifying on ours instead.

Ya if he ended up in Seattle..it would have been HUGE for them

This is all a lie. There's no way that Bill Belichick, the worst GM/drafter in the NFL, could have possibly been on the same page regarding a prospect as Pete Carroll, the SB winning coach. It's BS.

Like your sarcasm.

I heard this report when it first came out -

Seahawks DC coached Easley in FL and wanted him on the team. And one has to think that Seattle knows good D

The bottom line is that if he weren't coming off injuries Easley would not have been available late in the 1st round

If he's healthy we've got the next generation in the evolution of NT - this guy explodes into the gap - don't let the weight fool you. He gets after the ball in a big way. It's easy to see why the Seahawks were dejected.

I love his upside.....hopefully it works out.....time to take it to the offense instead of watching them take it to us

I sure feel that other teams had him rated high on their boards. Problem was they do not have the job security to make such a risky pick because of the injuries. The Pats and Hawks have that security and were drooling when he was still there

I love his upside.....hopefully it works out.....time to take it to the offense instead of watching them take it to us

With our DBs alone....teams won't be taking it to us as bad as previous years

I don't think bills bad drafting was from lacking ability to judge talent. I think for one he was overstretched as head coach,play caller,gm. He then sometimes may get stuck between patchwork as in drafting just to field a player knowing the plays n ready,and finding a talented building block to coach up. He drafts players from particular programs n coaches who r partially coached up as he wants to compete now n needs a body to field that knows the plays. That also causes him to draft for versatility b4 knowing the player has skills to standout at anything. The Wilson pick comes to mind along with Cunningham. And being coached up by Saban had a Lil something to do with hightower pick. Til Superbowl teams got old bill wanted nothing to do with coaching up lbs n olineman til he had to. Kaczur starting when all those offensive tackles were there in 05-07 drafts. He knew kaczur was a liability but he worked well in the scheme n that was good enough for him. He also rescued branch off the scrapheap cuz he knew the schemes. Branch was OK but older n subdued by playoff defenses. Had he drafted Winston or whitworth or McNeil or staley, an old Strachan would have been contained n we probably win that Superbowl. It was pitiful kaczur struggled like that with Strachan.

Drafting in 13-14 has been much better as bill knows he needed full time starter/building blocks. You certainly can make n argument for no qb should have been drafted and should have drafted solid contributers kike ealy,Louis nix, and a wr instead of easley n GP. But u can't say it was a bad thing to try n get a rare talent like Dominique who has the ability to take the defense to another level n give us a far more explosive pass rusher than we ever had. Not to mention a game changing all pro. Nor can u b against Gp who they had as their top qb. Except that a playmaking talent at wr has held this team back since 2010 more than anything else. Instead u could argue they should have found a way to draft gp and a wr like Lee. Moving mallet could have helped that. Or I bet fans would have been happy with Marty Bryant in round 4. A big fast fluid explosive playmaker. More talent to work with than any current wr we have. I won't even begin to say Dominique n gp were mistakes. However not getting a legit playmaker is. But there's still trades til late October. I just hope if or when he does that he does it right n fixes the problem 4sure finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes