PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD vs Denver MNF crew

I just heard Bob Ley's rant about Sergio and Ley needs to STFU. He works for a network that constantly ridicules other people when they fail - and not just in the sports world. I remember the day they played that girl who fell in her high heels at graduation on a constant loop. I probably saw it loop 7 times while Dan, Bomani, LZ and friends had a great laugh at her expense.

Sergio is an adult and a professional, but we can't poke fun at him. We need to save that for 17 year olds who fall down.

If I actually had twitter I would have responded to him with the above but I guess I'll just have to share my ranting and raving with the forum here.

I just heard Bob Ley's rant about Sergio and Ley needs to STFU. He works for a network that constantly ridicules other people when they fail - and not just in the sports world. I remember the day they played that girl who fell in her high heels at graduation on a constant loop. I probably saw it loop 7 times while Dan, Bomani, LZ and friends had a great laugh at her expense.

Sergio is an adult and a professional, but we can't poke fun at him. We need to save that for 17 year olds who fall down.

If I actually had twitter I would have responded to him with the above but I guess I'll just have to share my ranting and raving with the forum here.
I'm done with Bob Ley and his pontificating. He was once a pretty good sports journalist.

Now he's Dan Rather at the end...

Asswipe

From Dipp's mouth to your ears...

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/espn-reporter-explains-monday-night-football-debacle/

At the first sign of turmoil, Mr. Dipp immediately pulls out the minority card, the 9-11 card, the immigrant card.
And who knew these coaches were "historical" considering the first black coach was in 1920 and the first black NFL coach was in 1980.

Group hugs back in Bristol ...fall out neutralized ESPN/Disney style

I guess I am in the minority because I liked Rex. Mowins was poor (as usual) but hey, Disney needs to advance their neverending obsession with political correctness....

Rex was rocking his Super Bowl ring.

It was really dark gold color like the metal work in Tony Montoyas mansion.

Damn! Sounds like I should have watched this game just to see it all.

Perhaps the NFL and/or ESPN has decided it wants to compete with the WWE on Monday night?

One more point or question: did this game top the Colt's fake punt a few years ago? (Someone reposted that play a few days ago.)

Steve Bannon just posted on Breitbart that Mowins was "great" and "a breath of fresh air in NFL broadcasting.". Here we go here: beep, beep, beep...;)

From Dipp's mouth to your ears...

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/espn-reporter-explains-monday-night-football-debacle/

At the first sign of turmoil, Mr. Dipp immediately pulls out the minority card, the 9-11 card, the immigrant card.
And who knew these coaches were "historical" considering the first black coach was in 1920 and the first black NFL coach was in 1980.

Group hugs back in Bristol ...fall out neutralized ESPN/Disney style

Hopefully he stays on ESPN Deportes. Or gets ASAP Deported.

Last edited:
Rex seemed uncomfortable in the booth. I could see him growing into the role (fat joke?), though. He did offer some insights and he seems to enjoy talking about football, but I don't think he really has the flow down yet, which makes sense. There were a lot of times where he'd start an observation and just kind of trail off because he wasn't sure where to go with it and the ball hadn't been snapped yet, and I expect that is something he'll get better at.

Romo, OTOH, might already be the best commentator around. He was excellent, massive upgrade over Simms. I feel like I could learn more about football by listening to him, which is rare with any of these people.

Thought Rex was ok, but would do much better teamed up with someone else. The lady commentator was just the worst. It sounds like she's doing an impersonation of a commentator. I'll be honest, I'm not really thrilled with a woman commentator in the first place (I know, I need to evolve man...) But I certainly would be more ok with it if the woman was actually good at the job.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back