PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Pharoh Cooper, WR

Thanks for this. The immediate comparison that springs to mind is Tavon Austin - what do you think?

Thanks for this. The immediate comparison that springs to mind is Tavon Austin - what do you think?
I am terrible with player comparisons. Cooper has more size, so I think he can do more. Percy Harvin maybe? Randall Cobb?

If bb were to take a wide receiver in round two, this guy is the one that best fits. He is mr. Versatility. He can contribute as a punt returner while he learns the system and gains Brady's trust.

This guy is a master at creating separation between the sticks. His agility is off the charts. If his 3 cone score is high, bb will be interested.

Sadly, I do not see bb taking a wide receiver in round two, but I still love this kid in our offense,

I am terrible with player comparisons. Cooper has more size, so I think he can do more. Percy Harvin maybe? Randall Cobb?

Randall Cobb is the comp I keep seeing. How do you like Cooper compared to Shepherd?

Great name

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Randall Cobb is the comp I keep seeing. How do you like Cooper compared to Shepherd?
Good Question:
Similar players, but I like Shepherd a little better. Although Shepherd is smaller, I think with his electric speed, quickness and better route running he could have more of an impact on the Patriots right away. I think he could play inside and outside.
Cooper has intriguing upside, but he needs some development and would limit what he could do. Cooper played with some terrible QB's so that might have stunted his development.

I am back with another report. Let me know what you think.
Scouting Report: Pharoh Cooper, WR | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2014 NFL Draft
As I widely advertise I'm not big on drafting WR's. It's not that I wouldn't love to watch another Randy Moss type on the roster, it's just that he was a once-in-a-generation thing for a 1 unbelievable season then 2 great years. Our offense with Brady has never been predicated on the deep bomb, post or pre Randy.

Last year the only WR I was advocating for was Tyler Lockett. PR ability was a major reason. With DA's status uncertain and him hitting 30 I was thinking that might be a position to upgrade. The multi-skilled aspect has me intrigued. I roll my eyes for the most part when I see posters yearning for every WR that measures 6-3+. Height is not a skill. Randy was one of a kind. If this guy has the return skills to make an impact and the smarts, patience and perseverence to gain Brady's trust to work himself into the rotation and somehow lasts until #92 or #97 or even #128, I'd be all for it.

I just can't see us pulling the trigger at #60 with the lack of a 1st but like I said, if he can contribute on PR's as well snag a bundle of passes I wouldn't *****. No one trick 6-3 ponies. That's not what we need early.

As I widely advertise I'm not big on drafting WR's. It's not that I wouldn't love to watch another Randy Moss type on the roster, it's just that he was a once-in-a-generation thing for a 1 unbelievable season then 2 great years. Our offense with Brady has never been predicated on the deep bomb, post or pre Randy.

Last year the only WR I was advocating for was Tyler Lockett. PR ability was a major reason. With DA's status uncertain and him hitting 30 I was thinking that might be a position to upgrade. The multi-skilled aspect has me intrigued. I roll my eyes for the most part when I see posters yearning for every WR that measures 6-3+. Height is not a skill. Randy was one of a kind. If this guy has the return skills to make an impact and the smarts, patience and perseverence to gain Brady's trust to work himself into the rotation and somehow lasts until #92 or #97 or even #128, I'd be all for it.

I just can't see us pulling the trigger at #60 with the lack of a 1st but like I said, if he can contribute on PR's as well snag a bundle of passes I wouldn't *****. No one trick 6-3 ponies. That's not what we need early.
The more I get into this WR class, the more I see that talent can be had up and down the draft. There are a few names that would intrigue me at #60/#92 and I would have no problem with that as their pick. However, there are day 3 guys that I really like as well and would be fine waiting as well. I agree with you that getting a big WR is not an answer necessarily. I will take a great route runner with superb hands over big and fast because the former will be used a lot more in this offense than the latter.

Cooper most likely won't be on my list of possibilities at 60, but if an OLman is drafted at that spot,
then he will likely be on my list of possibilities at 92, if he's still available.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back