PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Rumor: QB Josh Rosen “could be” traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team trading for Rosen would get him for three years at about $6.2 million total. That’s awesome value if he’s any good, but I’m not sure he’d actually be starting for any of those three years. In 2022, he’d either be a free agent or playing on the very expensive fifth year option.

I love the idea of the Cardinals management swinging for the fences. No risk, no reward. KKis kind of a jerk for screwing over USC, but the combination of him and Murray (if he decides to enter the draft) will make Arizona a much more exciting team. If KK promises Murray he will take him with #1 overall pick, I will bet he will run (not walk) to play football

I love the idea of the Cardinals management swinging for the fences. No risk, no reward. KKis kind of a jerk for screwing over USC, but the combination of him and Murray (if he decides to enter the draft) will make Arizona a much more exciting team. If KK promises Murray he will take him with #1 overall pick, I will bet he will run (not walk) to play football
Yea this could either be a homerun hire where KK gets Murray and they catch fire or they could be hiring a new coach with the number one overall pick in 2 years. I understand why they’re doing it, if they are doing it, with Mcvay doing what he’s doing in the division and the Seahawks making the playoffs in a rebuilding year. Who knows what happens with Jimmy and Shanahan in San Francisco so they know they need to make a splash. Go big or go home.

I love Rosen and would trade for him in a heartbeat. Think a lot of the reports of "character concerns" and "not loving the game" or not being a leader come from weird low-level antisemitism. (Not saying anyone in here is engaging in that, just that I suspect that colored a lot of the official draft punditry.)

Kingsbury was a good hire. It's about time the Air Raid makes it to the NFL.

If you can get him for a second it can't be worse than the cornerback from tidewater community college we would've taken anyway

Vinny Goombatz has a rare brain for the game, though. It's almost like having a coach on the field.

I'd trade for Rosen for 2 second round pick (this year and next). You cannot even come close to looking at this year with the Cards. Bad OL, bad offensive system, and it seems bad coaching. This kid IS a first round talent, the kin,d that Pats wouldn't get unless they went 2-14 some year.

Trade for him, let him come here and sit for a year or 2, and then take over. It would be the best thing for him and settle the Pats future QB situation once and for all.

That being said, IF (and that's a big if) Rosen is actually on the trade block, there are teams like the Dolphins who would likely bid more than 2 2nds (and at the bottom of the round to boot).

BTW- I think those trade rumors came about because Kingsbury said he'd take him first when touting him before he had to play OU this year. It's one thing to puff up an opponent before a game. We see Bill do it EVERY game It's another to actually do it.

I love Rosen and would trade for him in a heartbeat. Think a lot of the reports of "character concerns" and "not loving the game" or not being a leader come from weird low-level antisemitism. (Not saying anyone in here is engaging in that, just that I suspect that colored a lot of the official draft punditry.)

Kingsbury was a good hire. It's about time the Air Raid makes it to the NFL.

That's probably nowhere near accurate but, looking at the on-field product, I didn't see a guy that showed a whole lot of signs of breaking down game tape. Of course he was a rookie and as we saw with Goff, things could change quickly, but he looked completely lost out there at times. If Arizona already wants to move on from him after one year, that's not a good thing either.

Cardinals lose 10 mil in cap space if they trade Rosen.

That's probably nowhere near accurate but, looking at the on-field product, I didn't see a guy that showed a whole lot of signs of breaking down game tape. Of course he was a rookie and as we saw with Goff, things could change quickly, but he looked completely lost out there at times. If Arizona already wants to move on from him after one year, that's not a good thing either.

Could be true, but he never had a chance

A team trading for Rosen would get him for three years at about $6.2 million total. That’s awesome value if he’s any good, but I’m not sure he’d actually be starting for any of those three years. In 2022, he’d either be a free agent or playing on the very expensive fifth year option.
Can't get a backup for much cheaper... if there is something there, it'd be an interesting move. Can't imagine he'd go for anything lower than a 2nd round pick... why not explore ? BB knows if Rosen is worth it... I differ to him.

3rd QB is about the best he could do with any team.

We will know for sure that the Cardinals made an awful choice for a head coach if that happens.

I want Foles.
Hm? You mean Wentz? When Philly beats the Saints, they'll be past the point of no return with Wentz.

No

Johnny train has left the station. He is nothing but a distraction anymore.

"Manziel played in eight games in his first season in the CFL, completing 106 of 165 pass attempts (64.2%) for 1,290 yards with five touchdowns and seven interceptions."

We should not start creating threads for every QB who played for a recently-hired HC. Our playoff game is just few day away, already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back