PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

thats horse ****.

He drafted Brady. He kept him on the roster as a 4th qb. And he had the balls to replace a 100m qb a year later.

littke but more than "lucked" ibyk hi.
Fair then you can also agree he ruined Mac Jones can't have it both ways

That's crap of course it goes both ways. He saw talent, he coached it up, and chose it over the franchise at the time in Drew. In the other case he thought he saw talent, tried to coach it up and turns out he sucked.

played a role in that, no doubt. He didnt do Mac many favors. But Mac was his own worst enemy.

And you think that balances out 20 years of stewardship?

@catent step right up pal and stop disliking posts and not saying why you disagree.
The claim that BB’s success is wholly contingent on lucking into Brady does not garner a thoughtful response. It’s a ridiculous claim, befit the reaction it received.

Emoji reactions come with the territory on this forum. Tagging members and requesting a written response should they react (negatively) to a post, ain’t it.

I was told the job was already agreed to with Belichick more than a week ago. I posted that here in this thread when I found out. Immediate family member who has been in a suite at Falcons games w/ one of their biggest donor/clients. That's how my family member learned that.

I can't understand why Seattle wouldn't go after him.

The last time Belichick replaced Carroll, the team won a super Bowl in his second year.

Maybe you can ask your immediate family member if Seattle has already agreed with Belichick. Post it here when you find out.

That's crap of course it goes both ways. He saw talent, he coached it up, and chose it over the franchise at the time in Drew. In the other case he thought he saw talent, tried to coach it up and turns out he sucked.
I mean, they did win 14 games to 6 losses with Cassel, Brissett and Garoppolo as well. Not bad. He even coached Vinny T. up. Testaverde was a bust until Belichick rehabbed him. He went 9-4 in Cleveland after they kicked Kosar to the curb. Vinny even went 9-1 with the Jets before "That's my quarterback" tears started flowing.

I watched the 2001 AFC CG game the other night and it was a microcosm of the Drew Bledsoe experience. Brady got hurt halfway through the first quarter. The offense hadn't scored a point yet. Bledsoe comes in and throws the prettiest throw of that entire season to Patten for a TD in back of the end zone. Patriots tacked on a blocked kick return for a TD and a punt return TD, and seemed to have the game in hand. In the 2nd half, Bledsoe terrorized us by slinging balls into triple coverage. He was throwing rockets. That were bouncing off the hands of Steeler defenders. He gave us a heart attack. And then on 3rd and long, he iced the game with a beautiful loft with a lot of touch.

I watch UConn hoops and recently saw an interview with the coach who talked about their championship season last year. He was asked what the difference was in the team between their many early losses and how they ended up dominating. He simply said "belief." They didn't believe they could do it until some good things happened, and they gained confidence. This to me is the difference between a Brady that year (who, let's face it, did not actually do a great deal against the Raiders, Steelers or Rams until the final drive against the Rams) and a Bledsoe. The team rallied behind Brady and gained confidence.

Ths is the reversal of the Mac Jones experience. Mac saps the strength out of the team. He is a bloodsucking vampire.

Last edited:
The claim that BB’s success is wholly contingent on lucking into Brady does not garner a thoughtful response. It’s a ridiculous claim, befit the reaction it received.

Emoji reactions come with the territory on this forum. Tagging members and requesting a written response should they react (negatively) to a post, ain’t it.
You just dislike and disagree with people constantly that doesn't paint BB in a positive light but never say why until now. If I missed it thats on me

played a role in that, no doubt. He didnt do Mac many favors. But Mac was his own worst enemy.

And you think that balances out 20 years of stewardship?
No he's the GOAT coach I just been firm believer of Brady > BB camp but that's not what this topic about so I'll save it for some other time.

Additionally, Graziano noted that the Falcons wanted a coach who would be there more long-term. Hiring Belichick would seem more like a “short-term play” in that sense, per Graziano. He also noted “there were some in the Falcons’ building who were concerned about overhauling things extensively only to potentially have to do so again in a few years.”

This is exactly what I’ve been saying and it’s why I said the market for him is very small. BB is basically a rental at his age. Works for players it doesn’t work for coaches especially for a BB who wants control. What team would want to do all of this for Bill and then have to start over again in a couple of years.

No he's the GOAT coach I just been firm believer of Brady > BB camp but that's not what this topic about so I'll save it for some other time.
Here's the thing I hate the Brady v BB debate it's one of the stupider talk radio debates ever fabricated.

Brady > BB is true
Players in general> coaches is also true
QB X in any great HoF duo > his coach is also true

What BB did with his opportunity resulted in more championships than any other coach for me that's more than enough.

I can respect certain arguments that coach X is actually the goat because his resume might include doing it on 2 teams or with multiple QBs or he changed the game in a certain way.

But that only means a handful of people can even try to make that case. And I'd enjoy a debate about BB vs any other coach but asking us to put BB vs Brady is just dumb and not something I ever recall being done with other coaches. Do people say Bill Walsh wasn't great because he had Montana and because Seifert won even after Walsh left. Or Jimmy Johnson because Switzer won one. Their entire teams won without them and yet Brady getting one without Bill somehow erases everything Bill did.

Not sure if anyone saw the Schefter interview about how hard the Rams advocated for Morris to get the job in Atlanta. Schefter came off like the Rams were emotional in their plea to the Falcons for Morris. Of course they were, the get a damn 3rd round pick in a draft that's loaded with talent!!

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

This is exactly what I’ve been saying and it’s why I said the market for him is very small. BB is basically a rental at his age. Works for players it doesn’t work for coaches especially for a BB who wants control. What team would want to do all of this for Bill and then have to start over again in a couple of years.
Many of these coaches don't even last more than 1 1/2 seasons. McDaniels, Reich, Staley, the guy in Chicago previously, Denver's old coach, they get tossed to the wind almost instantly. This is how our division went through 25+ coaches in a total of 55 years.

3 years is now a good stretch for a coach.

This is why, if I'm as old as Blank, who cares about 4 years from now? I want to win now. The chances of my finding a long term coach are 10%!

Not sure if anyone saw the Schefter interview about how hard the Rams advocated for Morris to get the job in Atlanta. Schefter came off like the Rams were emotional in their plea to the Falcons for Morris. Of course they were, the get a damn 3rd round pick in a draft that's loaded with talent!!

Keeps Belichick out of the NFC.

Many of these coaches don't even last more than 1 1/2 seasons. McDaniels, Reich, Staley, the guy in Chicago previously, Denver's old coach, they get tossed to the wind almost instantly. This is how our division went through 25+ coaches in a total of 55 years.

3 years is now a good stretch for a coach.

This is why, if I'm as old as Blank, who cares about 4 years from now? I want to win now. The chances of my finding a long term coach are 10%!
Yeah I was confused. The man could live 10 more years but the odds aren't in his favor. He should of taken the win now option.

I believe they get two picks but I don't think it was just about that. I've been reading a lot about Rah and he's widely respected by players, coaches, management, etc. throughout the league. Many believed he deserved a 2nd chance at HC, 13 years after his 1st HC job w/ a talentless Bucs team.

thats horse ****.

He drafted Brady. He kept him on the roster as a 4th qb. And he had the balls to replace a 100m qb a year later.

littke but more than "lucked" ibyk hi.
I still contend a lot of teams would have lost Brady because they felt they could sneak him onto the practice squad as a 6th round pick.

We got Danny Woodhead from the Rats because the Rats decided to keep the lesser performing RB because he was a 3rd round pick.

Sounds like Zac Robinson going to be his OC.

I still contend a lot of teams would have lost Brady because they felt they could sneak him onto the practice squad as a 6th round pick.

We got Danny Woodhead from the Rats because the Rats decided to keep the lesser performing RB because he was a 3rd round pick.
Pioli said that Brady was the highest rated player they had on their board but they kept passing on him for positions of need. They lucked out everyone else let him slip. There was zero chance they were not keeping him on the roster. Everyone recognized his talent and he was a bargain.

The narrative that Brady was lucky that Bill kept him on as the 4th QB is some Team Bill fantasy to embelish Bills' "genius" and diminish Brady's talent. It's utter crap that gets repeated so many times it's become a thing.

Brady earned every promotion and snap through his hard work. Belichick would've been a fool not to elevate him to QB1. He does get credit for recognizing his talent though. It's almost comical how things get reversed because it was Brady that saved Bill's job and not the other way around.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back