PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Raiders on the verge of releasing CB Hall (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this move will happen, but the ONLY way this move makes sense is if they give him a small deal for the rest of the season only. Nothing long term. He needs to prove himself over the last half of the season to be worthy of any kind of deal. Personally, if the Pats do it, I say use him for this year and let him go elsewhere next year.

FWIW, Troy Brown last night said he considers Hall a good CB. Not a #1 stud but a very viable starting CB. He may not be as good a player as his name but he doesn't "suck".

I'd be very excited if we could add a quality player now that it looks like we might make something out of our Brady-less season. I don't think Belichick is a big fan of bringing guys in midseason who have a steep learning curve though.

Only if he's desperate, like because of an injury plague that forces him to Plan C alternatives. That said, add me to the doubters that Hall signs here, especially for 'vet minimum' even plus incentives. There are Jerry Jones et. al. types out there in the other 30 teams that will give him something that at least looks like a long term big money contract.

I doubt this move will happen, but the ONLY way this move makes sense is if they give him a small deal for the rest of the season only. Nothing long term. He needs to prove himself over the last half of the season to be worthy of any kind of deal. Personally, if the Pats do it, I say use him for this year and let him go elsewhere next year.

Per Schefter:

Just hours after the Oakland Raiders officially waived him on Wednesday, cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he and his agent have already fielded calls from teams inquiring about his services.

Hall said he wants to sign with a team once he clears waivers and would be willing to accept a deal for the rest of the season and become a free agent in February.

If he only wants money, the Donkeys and the Cowpies could certainly use him. If he wants to win, his options shrink considerably.

One thing is certain: if this goes down, Wheatley is headed to IR or Jason Webster goes back to watching dust particles in his living room.

Anyone heard anything about webster? Info is probably out there, I just missed it. I really don't think the pats would want hall on this team. However, if they continue to lose a DB every week to injury, they may need to at some point. Webster is already back, and Bill's favorite street cb, Hank Poteat is already playing for another team.

Did you say the same about Randy Moss? Just curious.
Actually no, I was pretty psyched about Moss coming here from the first day I heard about it. Moss had a proven track record of success and was frustrated about not winning, Hall has a track record but it's more for being a bit out of control in many aspects of his life. I don't ever remember Moss completely freaking out and losing his cool and hurting his team.

Man you should just not post on topics you have no clue about because you are just embarrassing yourself.

Thanks for the heads up on that, make sure to hold everyone else to your same high standard. For the record, my point was I didnt think he would be released after just 8 games being owed more than $20M.....and I was wrong. Its poor taste ridiculing someone who was questioning(???)the process:I doubt more than 10 people know the exact specifics on the waiver rules as it pertains to salary....go get em tiger!

Actually no, I was pretty psyched about Moss coming here from the first day I heard about it. Moss had a proven track record of success and was frustrated about not winning, Hall has a track record but it's more for being a bit out of control in many aspects of his life. I don't ever remember Moss completely freaking out and losing his cool and hurting his team.

Are you kidding? WOW! I can give you an example off the top of my head of Moss putting his hands behind his head, laying down, an lounging on the sidelines of a game while in Oakland. Can you imagine one of our best players doing that.....Legit laying on the ground, and acting as if he was on vacation at a tropical resort WHILE PLAYING IN AN ACTUAL GAME!?

Last edited:
Are you kidding? WOW! I can give you an example off the top of my head of Moss putting his hands behind his head, laying down, an lounging on the sidelines of a game while in Oakland. Can you imagine one of our best players doing that.....Legit laying on the ground, and acting as if he was on vacation at a tropical resort WHILE PLAYING IN AN ACTUAL GAME!?

But laying down on the ground is not really all that bad... When you're watching your team lose like 30-0, I'm sure that happens, and not just to Randy Moss.

But laying down on the ground is not really all that bad... When you're watching your team lose like 30-0, I'm sure that happens, and not just to Randy Moss.

Provide another example of a star player physically laying on the ground, placing their hands behing their head, laughing, and acting as if they are sitting on a beach in Mexico when there team is losing. How about when he tried to over the meter maid?

Moss is no better than hall, and he worked out fine. Actually Moss was worse than Hall.

Last edited:
Provide another example of a star player physically laying on the ground, placing their hands behing their head, laughing, and acting as if they are sitting on a beach in Mexico when their team is losing. How about when he tried to over the meter maid?

Moss is no better than hall, and he worked out fine. Actually Moss was worse than Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back