PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I recall there was a Curran article on this (who while morphing to the media dark side is still connected to Brady) in August. General summary - Brady wanted a multi-year contract assuring he could finish his career here. The Patriots dragged their heels saying they can’t commit long term to someone his age, they want to go year by year. Brady said fine, but if you’re going to do that, I need to be on fair footing - and thus the franchise restriction and the automatic voiding that creates a huge cap charge (effectively making the Patriots decide early in the offseason what they want to do, and not have things string out). He also said that Brady doesn’t want to leave but is preparing to do so if the Pats decide they want to move on or completely low ball him.
The Red Sox dragged their feet like this for David Ortiz, and fortunately for all everything worked out, but the local papers annually dragged everyone through the mud like this.

I wonder if Tom ever talked to Papi about it.

This story is so NEXT year. I won't give it a wit of my attention unless or until it becomes either fact or fiction. Is it going to change the narrative of the Browns game? I don't think so.

It's been 20 years, folks. The Pats AND Brady understand that this has to be a year to year function. So why are we so unnerved by the fact that both sides are doing EXACTLY what is in the best interests of each other? Wake me up when there is something interesting to talk about.

BTW- Brady isn't going anywhere. Where's the market for a guy that is gong to cost you $35MM/yr or more. Who is going to demand total control of the offense, a la Peyton and be your defacto OC. Let's face it, he's not going to play in any system that does't use the language that he's been using for the last 20 years. And will like only commit to 2 years because he WILL be 43 for god's sake.

Easy to say places like Tennessee, because of his friendship with Vrabel, or the Niner because the Bay Area connection. But face it. Does Vrabel want to stall the building of HIS franchise for a one or tw0 year transition. Why would the undefeated Niners want to ditch JG for that year or two with Brady. And where else would Tommy want to go, Jacksonville?????? Right, Gisselle would just LOVE it there.:rolleyes:

Let's face it. Its a nice story for Volin and his ilk. They can trot it out every time they have no other ideas to talk about. (which in Volin's case is just about every day). Come March there will be drama. The region will hold their collective breath, and in the end Tom will either retire or be back here next season,.
XH2PCAELEUI6TIXZ3L3SBRO3NE.jpg

"Thees remind me of some sing ... or, some body..."

Of course, the best was Red, who announced and crowed,

"You've all got one last shot at me!"

Same here. I won’t like it and I’m likely to say many things. Most will be incomprehensible, but in the end, I’ll still be a pats fan.

mid he leaves for another team, he will be nothing to me

mid he leaves for another team, he will be nothing to me
Tom's retiring a Patriot. He's following in Steve Grogan's footsteps.

Bobby Orr: "Phil, Don has something to tell you."

Phil Esposito: "If you say I'm traded to New York, I'm jumping out of this room."

Don Cherry: "Bobby, step aside from the window."

Harry Sinden should have been run out of town.
Not his fault. Bobby trusted Eagleson.

In October 2013, Orr commented on his perception of Eagleson's lack of integrity. Orr said, "I just wanted to get away from the man -- person." He refused to refer to Eagleson as a 'man'.

What MA town do you live in where the RE tax rate is only $10 per $1000??? Pretty sure very few municipalities are that low.

Also, the deductibility limit is $10K (not $15K) for all state and local taxes combined. So if you’re say deducting $10K of income tax you can’t deduct any RE tax at all.
Satch Sanders to Bill Russell, winter 1969:

"Look, you can't do this to me, man...I got kids, I got a mortgage..."

Tom's retiring a Patriot. He's following in Steve Grogan's footsteps.

Bobby Orr: "Phil, Don has something to tell you."

Phil Esposito: "If you say I'm traded to New York, I'm jumping out of this room."

Don Cherry: "Bobby, step aside from the window."

If he goes somewhere else, I don’t care who he retires as.....actually, I don’t care who he retires as if he stays......that entire notion is overrated

Maybe he got his facts from his gf chris mortensen*, probably gave him at least "11 or 12" possibilities on TB's future, since we know how solid his "sources" are.

If he leaves he leaves, a 43 year old qb is gonna move on at some point. I dont get the consternation.

I think it's clear that stidham has a very long way to be a starter.. needs at least another season as a backup. The pats need Brady... Who else they going to get? Particularly within price range and/or compensation.

If I'm Brady how do I leave this team with this stacked defense? The offense has lots of young talent... stable of rbs and some good wrs. They will likely address the offensive line in the off-season.

They need each other if Brady wants to play. Why leave his security blanket in Edelman and McDaniels?

Are you certain? I thought Gronk's contract expired at the end of 2019.
Doesn’t matter. If you retire while under contract that team has the rights to you forever, unless they decide to release you.

Are you certain? I thought Gronk's contract expired at the end of 2019.
He has 2 years left on his contract. My understanding that they do not "expire".

Not his fault. Bobby trusted Eagleson.

In October 2013, Orr commented on his perception of Eagleson's lack of integrity. Orr said, "I just wanted to get away from the man -- person." He refused to refer to Eagleson as a 'man'.
If you read Bobby Orr's book which came out about 5 years ago, it is funny how Orr is the single nicest man on the planet and doesn't have a bad single thing to say about anybody - except Eagleson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes