PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

That was a different time and different league. The league has changed quite a bit and top flight talent is what wins in the NFL and Belichick in that.

Also, teams have modernized their scouting staffs and are using advance analytics to draft players. By all accounts are conducting their scouting like it is 2001.
The league hasn’t changed. And this is another example of you making up things and acting like they are true.

I can't imagine Bill wanting to work for the most meddling owner there ever was
BB will go to a team ready to win NOW. It won't be about drafting and rebuilding, but about taking a team that's ready to go to the next level.

BB and Jerry have been friends since the early 90's according to one source. Like, talking on the ski slopes, friends.
Wherever he's going, it's for, probably. 2 years. Just two. So he's going to a team that's missing the one ingredient he can bring.

We'll see.

It's all just speculation at this point.

We have been the greatest dynasty ever for the last 24 years. Ever organization has ups and downs. A few down years while being the greatest organization ever is not the same as just another team.
It’s fine though, adversity defines people and the fans here responded to a few down years by wanting to punish someone, and as can easily be expected, they targeted the authority figure.
Wait, are you saying Kraft fired Bill because the fans at patsfans wanted someone punished?

You're not handling this too well. Go get some fresh air.

So, will Goodell’s vendetta follow BB to his new team?

The younger BB wasn't a budding HOFer when it all started. Everybody starts somewhere.
BB's career is in rare company.
5 of 6 losing seasons
20 year dynasty
3 of 4 losing seasons.

The league hasn’t changed. And this is another example of you making up things and acting like they are true.

You got me there. This is still a league where you need a pocket passing QB and a strong defense to win in this league. I mean look at Baltimore. They are still the same team they were in 2000. They have a mediocre pocket passing QB and win games with a dominant defense in low scoring games.

If you don't think the league has changed, then there is no use talking to you. It is sooooooo obvious the league has changed over the year. In fact, it has always been changing. The league in 2001 was much different than it was in 1981.

No but I doubt he’s making the playoffs for at least the next three years …

I wouldn't rule anything out. Houston made the playoffs on the backs of basically just a new HC and QB. It's definitely not the norm, so I wouldn't bet on it, but things can turn in the NFL really quickly.

Just look at the resources devoted to the OL. A lot of draft picks. What would you have suggested for LT. For WR? This is what people never talk about. Belicjick spoke to it in his last weeks press conference when he said there are contingencies. You may prioritize these positions but what happens when the players don’t materialize? Again, what LT and what WR? Every year they spent a ton of $$ in FA for receivers. But the FA market until this coming year was barebones. Even worse for LTs
Lol dude stop clowning yourself. Not a great look.

Screenshot_20240111_100846_Firefox.jpg

It’s amazing to me that fans who lived through this dynasty think it’s a good thing to blow it up and be just another one of the 32. What are the chances the next guy is any good? We just moved on to the prospect of average.
So on the heels of the last 24 years the best bet for the next 32 is 8 division titles, 4 AFCCGs 2SB 1 Championship.
Thats the new expectation. Great isn’t it?
20240105_102851.jpg

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners.
Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts

The Krafts may or may not 'know what they are doing' in this instance but you certainly do not.
You need to 'think back in history' a touch more clearly for any real Pats fan to take you seriously. Billy Sullivan, Victor Kiam, James Busch Orthwein (Otis The Wouldbe Carpetbagger, the owner you forgot and the one who actually hired Parcells) and Bob Kraft make 4. The Sullivans were incompetent con men, Kiam was a huckster with a big hat but no cattle (or class), Otis wanted leverage to get a team in St Louis and Kraft brought genuine respectability.

You keep doing you Champ. Just don't expect anyone who knows this team to take your pronouncements all that seriously when you **** on the one owner that legitimized this team without being able to recount its history accurately... or count to 4 for that matter.

Goodbye New England fans, I'm out as a fan, heck I'm out as a football NFL fan with the whole NFL going dumb and woke pushing unbiblical ideas with their sodomite dancers, end racism myths, fake prosperity, virtue signalling, was a fun ride, I was just here cuz I respected the coach, 9 superbowls in 20 years and you let him go cuz you bended to the woke mob that hates BB.......sayonara have fun with the sodomites in woke Massashitets

Unreal, I’m going to miss those master mind game plans that neutralize the great opponents. He still has a few of those left in the tank. All that had to happen is get the offensive line and Qb and it would of been business as usual. He is the greatest coach we ever had. Will ever have, That anybody has had. Goat.

Count me as one that is extremely sad to see him leave if the report is true.

The Krafts may or may not 'know what they are doing' in this instance but you certainly do not.
You need to 'think back in history' a touch more clearly for any real Pats fan to take you seriously. Billy Sullivan, Victor Kiam, James Busch Orthwein (Otis The Wouldbe Carpetbagger, the owner you forgot and the one who actually hired Parcells) and Bob Kraft make 4. The Sullivans were incompetent con men, Kiam was a huckster with a big hat but no cattle (or class), Otis wanted leverage to get a team in St Louis and Kraft brought genuine respectability.

You keep doing you Champ. Just don't expect anyone who knows this team to take your pronouncements all that seriously when you **** on the one owner that legitimized this team without being able to recount its history accurately... or count to 4 for that matter.
Oh my, my entire Patriot fandom is destroyed because I didn't include Orthwein!

It is such a shame.

Do you work for the Krafts?

The media did not fire Bill lol. Kraft laid down the ground work for this during the owner's meeting last year. 2022 was incredibly disappointing for Kraft.

Kraft's behavior during Spygate, Deflategate, and in so many instances (including this one) shows that he wilts easily when it comes to media pressure. He is 100% concerned with the overall impression people have of him and the Patriots.

Goodbye New England fans, I'm out as a fan, heck I'm out as a football NFL fan with the whole NFL going dumb and woke pushing unbiblical ideas with their sodomite dancers, end racism myths, fake prosperity, virtue signalling, was a fun ride, I was just here cuz I respected the coach, 9 superbowls in 20 years and you let him go cuz you bended to the woke mob that hates BB.......sayonara have fun with the sodomites in woke Massashitets
dude WHAT :rofl:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back