PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

I think it's fair to ask how much slack did Belichick cut players once they stopped producing results?
He actually dumped many players who were still producing. It was usually over compensation.

Sad day now that it's actually here. Thanks for everything Bill, you are the best.
Now we all have to hope that the change actually improves the organization.

Very sad, its the end of an era we'll never see again, and neither will anyone else. At one point the patriots averaged a super bowl appearance every other year

He's hired 3 coaches (I think?), Bill Parcells, Pete Caroll, Bill Belichick. Pretty good...
Not Parcells. I made that mistake and was deservedly mocked. Lol

Thank you, Belichick. I honestly was starting to warm up to having him back next season but at the same time he’s 71 and I don’t think he can get us back into contention next year. Being 71 he didn’t have many years left anyway to coach.

Belichick is and will probably always be the greatest of all time, but it was time to move on. The Pats are in complete rebuild mode and are about to reshape the team. Belichick most likely will only be coaching for two more years. Why build a team around him only for him to leave when it finally becomes competitive again.

Thanks Bill for everything he gave us! I will be rooting for him to get Shula's record.

Suicide watch ^ there I knew BB was your God and Master. Gotta learn to let go dude nothing last forever. Vrabel or Mayo could be the new McVay and Shanahan on the Defensive side of the ball.
That dude is a clown that lives in Buffalo. What else do you need to know.

The beauty for whoever the Krafts hire at HC, is you can't get worse than 4-13. Nowhere to go but up.

The guy with the problem will be the GM, even though Bill's player selections weren't up to par, he'll get criticism for actually paying players and being competitive.
0-17 is worse than 4-13.

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners. Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts
He is 71 years old!!!
The game has changed.
He is a legend but it is time

I think Bill has already said he's willing to just coach
He said that he'd agree to anything they came up with "collectively." That's a key word in his statement.

Belichick is the undisputed GOAT coach, but he just wasn't the same guy from 2019+

I disagree. He is still the great coach. He just has never been a great GM.

GOAT in my opinion.

T
I know Bill was a hateable guy but what I respected most about him was he never changed. His performance may have but his coaching always showed his knack for defensive greatness.

Looking forward to moving on with someone that can fix this broken offense and philosophy and get a team that we can as fans buy in on. It’s gonna be a process but I believe it was he right decision to make now.

Wish you the best Bill and look forward to seeing you in canton in the near future. You’ll always be my coach!!!
The point Is he did change. He went from no days off to ending otas early. The team became undisciplined with so many penalties. He did lose coaches contributing to that inconsistency. He brought back coaches who didn't endear them to the players.

His Drafting stayed the same... Who is your favorite patriot first rounder of the past ten yrs? He was able to get many undrafted free agents turn into great contributors. He compromised keeping problem players jc Jackson when he would never bring them back after letting them walk.

in the end talent did him in. They don't have top tier game changers playmakers. The lack of one pro bowl player is the billboard for that.

I agree that it was time for BB to go but somehow some way this kinda hurts more than Brady leaving

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back