PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After a long day of yard work I’m enjoying “NFL’s Greatest Games” on SB 39 for the first time (on NFLN). Good show and I just want to say, what a great freaking game, played by men. That’s all.

It’s so much fun looking back at all these Superbowls........I cherish each and every one of the six beauties!!!

Each one had its own intrigue and story.......I have been fortunate to have been able to go to winners 36, 38, 39, & 51 and loses 31 & 42!! (42 is worst football experience of my life, but 28-3 comeback erased a lot of those scars).

Aaaaaand, it’s not over yet, we’re not done!!

Ive been putting off yardwork as long as I possibly can lol

This sb was probably the least stressful one. That team was downright nasty - best front 7 of the bb era. I had a hard time seeing them lose to anybody. This was without ty law and sey was out for the afc games.

SB 39 to me was the second least stressful after this year. ( By the 2nd quarter of SB53 I was more confident). SB39 was the one where BB is alleged to have called up to Ernie during the game when the Eagles were down two score and their 2 minute drill was taking 6-7 minutes and asked, " they're down by 2 scores, right?" because they were running it as if they needed one score to win and intentionally running time off the clock with 20-25 seconds between plays...Remember the famous line around Philly is that Andy Reid mangles a clock worse than Salvatore Dali...

If I could trade off any Super Bowl for 42, it'd be this one. It's sad the Eagles only have one Super Bowl, I'd like to give them two.

It’s so much fun looking back at all these Superbowls........I cherish each and every one of the six beauties!!!

Each one had its own intrigue and story.......I have been fortunate to have been able to go to winners 36, 38, 39, & 51 and loses 31 & 42!! (42 is worst football experience of my life, but 28-3 comeback erased a lot of those scars).

Aaaaaand, it’s not over yet, we’re not done!!
49 meant the most for me for sure. I grew up watching the first dynasty and took it for granted. 51 and 53 were a cherry on top, I was just happy to get four. I guess it was like Tiger winning for a lot of people.

If I could trade off any Super Bowl for 42, it'd be this one. It's sad the Eagles only have one Super Bowl, I'd like to give them two.
They're damn lucky to have that one, never mind have two of them.

49 meant the most for me for sure. I grew up watching the first dynasty and took it for granted. 51 and 53 were a cherry on top, I was just happy to get four. I guess it was like Tiger winning for a lot of people.

Same here. Until then it Felt like we were snake bitten:

-The nightmarish afcdg at denver in 05 where every bounce /call imaginable went their way
-The ‘06 afcc defense sick and depleted by the 4th quarter
-Sb42 - puke
-Brady acl tear
-sb46- Giants put the ball on the ground 5 times, the one time we recover someone was offsides. Welker turns b****
-Not having gronk for our biggest game of the season 3 years in a row
-Losing talib in 2 straight afcc’s

When that seattle wr (kearse??) caught that miracle catch on our 5 I remember thinking we will never win one again, convinced we were cursed by something post 2004. Then Malcolm Butler happened! Easily my favorite/ most satisfying sb.

Last edited:
LOL. Just now realizing I meant Super Bowl 38. The show was on SB 38. Panthers. Sorry everyone. Hard to keep them all straight!

Salam brothers and sisters.
I may be the only one here on this,,,but in my heart I would trade 2 Super Bowls win,,,for that 2007 Team. Giants had no right to beat us. I cried for Seau and Moss and for Immortality.
4 Super Bowls with that unbeaten Year ,,,but now I just thank God for just witnessing the 6 Wins.
Still that one in 2007 wont go away. It's the only one I cried after.

Salam brothers and sisters.
I may be the only one here on this,,,but in my heart I would trade 2 Super Bowls win,,,for that 2007 Team. Giants had no right to beat us. I cried for Seau and Moss and for Immortality.
4 Super Bowls with that unbeaten Year ,,,but now I just thank God for just witnessing the 6 Wins.
Still that one in 2007 wont go away. It's the only one I cried after.

That's a very interesting idea. I could definitely see trading 2 SB wins for the 2007 SB win and the undefeated season, but I have trouble deciding which two to trade away.

I wouldn't give up one of SB36, SB38 or SB39 because I'd be giving up the three in four years run. Three in seven years isn't anywhere near as good, even with one of them being an undefeated season.

I'd also have trouble giving up either SB49 or SB51. SB49 was during the defamegate charade and SB51 was the season when TB12 had to sit for 4 games because of the defamegate charade.
That leaves SB53 as the only one I'd agree to trade.

As for crying after the 2007 loss, I didn't. I save my crying for real-life disappointments.

Looking back on that 2007 game now I think about the group of guys that I watched it with. I could tell that most of them probably didn't play sports because of the stupid comments that I heard after the Pats took the lead late in the game. One of them was calling for the Pats to break some of the Giants' legs. That bad karma didn't help.

When I watched the Super Bowl 38 "Greatest NFL Games," all I could think of was how many mistakes/blunders were made by each team. Saint Adam Vinatieri misses his first field goal (something to remember when we're ragging on Gostkowski), the Pats score just before the end of the first half and then the combo of Adam's lousy squib kick and BB's decision to do a squib kick gives Carolina a field goal to finish the first half, then Brady throws a completely dumb interception (as he seems to do in many Super Bowls -- even the GOAT screws up!), and then, finally, Carolina does a kickoff out of bounds after tying the game. Plenty of time for Brady and the Pats to march down the field for a winning field goal.

Just one after another! Amazing. And an amazingly good defensive struggle.

After a long day of yard work I’m enjoying “NFL’s Greatest Games” on SB 39 for the first time (on NFLN). Good show and I just want to say, what a great freaking game, played by men. That’s all.
the best of 39 was the AFCG beat down at the Heinze frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down